Thankyou players who don't switch powers every few months

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Axel7822, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Axel7822 New Player

• Many people I meet in-game are with different powers when I meet them two months later, and it keeps on happening. I just want to take the time to give high regards to players who don't switch to something with heavier dps anytime someone out damages them. I'm a mental controller, and have been for almost 2 years now.
    • Like x 11
  2. Solmes202 Loyal Player

I'm Gadgets since launch day. I'm not into FOTM powers.
    • Like x 4
  3. rival exe New Player

Why's it matter? Their money; their choice.
    • Like x 15
  4. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I always been electric, only changed twice to get the role and style feats. Then went straight back to electric once I was finished. Been electric for over 3 years.
    • Like x 1
  5. Archangel Rafael New Player

people can do what they want but FotM'ing is still lame.
    • Like x 12
  6. MyrVell Committed Player

I've switched a few times, but not for DPS purposes. I do it to keep things fresh, after running a test character through the leveling process.
    • Like x 2
  7. rival exe New Player

Why? It's just a game. You don't get points for being "loyal" to a power.
    • Like x 8
  8. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I keep on getting the same message from friends
    "You are still fire?? Smh"
    "Wait you are still fire??"
    "You should switch to [Fotm]"
    "CHANGE POWERS SCRUB"
    • Like x 12
  9. SkullGang Devoted Player

I changed due to the T3 styles and styles drops that are specific to a role.
    • Like x 1
  10. Archangel Rafael New Player

if you don't get it, I can't explain it. It's about characters, comics, immersion etc.

It's just a game and yet we go through a lot of things to make it look/seem like superheroes. Why not have a game without much graphics, no theme or genre or IP? Why do any of this at all? What good does it do to level up the stats of this make-believe guy if there is no value to the make-believe? Is there some inherent joy in adding stats?

All games have an element of make-believe, fiction. Some people totally lose sight of the fun of the fiction when they become wrapped up in stats and making their virtua-"mini-me"s uberleeterest.

Total disregard for the fiction while obsessing on powering-up a fictional character is idiosyncratic i.e. "lame".
    • Like x 7
  11. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Eh, some people change to be the most OP/EZ Mode power at all times to try and maintain scoreboard dominance. Other simply just get tired of playing the same power or something else releases that looks cool so they try it. I've personally played all of the powers in the game with Earth being played the least. I taught myself the ins and outs of all of them but at the end of the day I still love Sorc and Gadgets. My tank is usually Fire but ventured to Rage for a few months.
    • Like x 4
  12. Skerlyn New Player

Sorcery dps since day 1, also with the same head piece (until devs hear me out and give me a skull face piece so I can wear my cute hats on my main).

I changed movement to finish all the races and get all the feats but I returned victorious to fly mode and also power to get some style but was a good number of pieces and change, equip, return to sorcery :p

I'm very single minded with my mains on mmorpgs and when I create one, I don't usually change it much.
    • Like x 2
  13. Feenicks New Player

Been fire since forever. Whenever I wanted to try a new power I created an alt.

4 nature alts
    1 rage alt
    1 earth alt
    1 gadgets alt
    1 HL alt
    1 Quatum alt
    1 celestial alt
    1 ice alt
    a few mules

Alts are the way to explore new powers. FOTM is a way to follow the herd. Never was one to follow the herd. Cliffs are scary.
    • Like x 15
  14. GammaGreenLantern New Player

Been playing since the first day of FFTL...have not changed from HL even with every awful nerf the power has endured...Everytime I want to try a new power I just make an alt and level them up to end game quick...

Roster so far

GammaGreenLantern: 106cr
    TheScarletStar 106cr
    ElectricEvader 106cr
    CraniumController 106cr
    LethalLandslide 100cr
    SavageSnowman 100cr
    WrathfulWizard 103cr
    ViciousVulture 102cr
    RealityRuiner 103cr
    • Like x 3
  15. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Much alliteration.
    • Like x 4
  16. Crimson Jonni New Player

This. I have never understood why people waste $ switching to a FOTM power than with undoubtedly get gimped and complain about it. You would not believe how many people switched to rage on ps when it dropped a week early. Then after outrage was adjusted people threatened quitting the game. But as a legendary member people get an advantage over others; the ability to create alts to experiment and get familiar with the power. And after a while you may or may not find out if this power is your speed. If it is, then go ahead and drop the $ on a power respec token. But if you switch your main just cause some power is coming out that you know will be top, dont complain when the devs smash it into dust
    • Like x 4
  17. Feenicks New Player

Alts add to the game. FOTM folks are nothing more then lemmings following the herd over the cliff.

Like I said cliffs are scary.
    • Like x 5
  18. rival exe New Player

Everyone has their own versions of fun. Maybe they like switching powers to see what the new cool thing is. Maybe they find doing more damage fun. Maybe they all think they are Amazo and can therefore switch to all these powers and still fit within their fiction. At the end of the day, everyone enjoys the game in a different way and you shouldn't let it damper your mood or mock other people's fun just because they don't play like you. Like Green Arrow says, "Can't we all just hold hands and sing 'Kumbaya'?"
    • Like x 6
  19. The Doctor Loyal Player

Nah, I've been Mental since launch, except for the week I tried and didn't like Quantum. DPS who do the FOTM thing make my raids and alerts go smoother. I think it's unnecessary for anyone to view players in a negative light who frequently switch powers. To them it's how they enjoy playing.
    • Like x 9
  20. Feenicks New Player

I see your point but this game was set up to create your own legend. In my opinion I believe those who go with FOTM forgot that aspect.

But I also believe that this game was set up so one can create alts to fully explore the other powers.

But this is nothing but my own personal opinion. Please take no offense.