You're Invited to SOE Block Party 2014!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

If you’ve ever attended San Diego Comic-Con before, you know just how crazy the entire weekend can be, and how welcomed any break from the madness is. For those attending SDCC for the first time this year, trust us when we say a chance to slow down and relax is quite appealing after a day on the show floor. Getting away from the crowds and noise, relaxing with friends, and imbibing an alcoholic beverage or two (if you're of legal drinking age), is the recommended treatment for any weary con-goer according to me...SOE's own Dr. Hats.

You may be asking yourself, “Dr. Hats, where do I find such a place?” You're in luck, soon-to-be-weary traveler, on July 25th Sony Online Entertainment will have just what the doctor ordered! The 2014 SOE Block Party has all of the above mentioned things and more, including a costume contest, game demos, food, shuttle service, and a chance to hang out with the SOE team. Come grab a local brew, talk shop about your favorite SOE title, grab a snack, and if you're so inclined, enter your undoubtedly cool costume in our costume contest.

When: July 25th from 12:00 PM PDT – 6:00 PM PDT
    Where: 8928 Terman Court, San Diego, CA 92121
    What: Block party with SOE team members, featuring local food, game demos, beer garden, and costume contest.

Shuttle service: Look for the SOE team at the Marriot waterfall – 333 West Harbor Drive

All you need to do to attend Block Party is show up, but we'd love for everyone to RSVP on the Facebook event page. See you on July 25th!
    • Like x 6
  2. lostpaladin New Player

aww why cant yall be closer since i live in virginia thats like a 38 hr drive my dad would never take me xD should come down to Virginia
    • Like x 1
  3. Gargamond Dedicated Player

It's cheaper, faster, and safer to fly that distance. Grab your cape, first.
    • Like x 2
  4. immahealya New Player

5. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Here's a song for the beer party...

99 Gripes 'bout Glitches in the game...
    99 Gripes going 'round...
    Fix one now, post it was found...
    101 Gripes 'bout Glitches in the game...
    • Like x 2
  6. FaLeX Dedicated Player

Block Party, you say?.....

[IMG]
  7. BuRRnNeD New Player

Dam i m Far Away from San Diego :( i m in Quetta Pakistan it will take days to get there :( i was i was there
  8. LovelyAngel New Player

6 hour drive .. not bad ;)
  9. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Seriously, do you ever plan on coming to Colorado? It's beautiful here and there's a lot of fun gamer people. Denver is almost directly in the middle (Mountains are directly in the middle) of Colorado and it gives people a chance to see wonders. I believe a lot of us who can't venture far from home for multiple days would like that.
  10. Breakforce Loyal Player

I would say don't plan on it
    • Like x 2
  11. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Oh well, it's they're loss anyways. They're missing out on some pretty awesome folks here.
  12. Will Power Loyal Player

I really wish there was an SOE Event on the East Coast for such events.
    • Like x 3
  13. Breakforce Loyal Player

Probably goes without saying for most cities.

While it would be cool to have something in my city, I would never expect nor ask for anything like that (notwithstanding that I am in another country)
  14. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Hmm ... only a 2 hour drive from me ... LEAVING WORK EARLY THAT DAY!! ... hopefully ...
  15. Bouma New Player

Is the ESRB rating in the poster ment for the party? Haha.
    Lets see...
    Use if alchohol... check
    Mild language.... check
    Partial nudity... check
    Suggestive themes... check
    Blood and gore...
    Violence...

You guys must throw some crazy parties!

Wish I could be there.
  16. True Zen New Player

considering the intensity of my way of doing something cool... If you guys see a helicopter up above... well then yeah, that's me. no close ups.
    • Like x 1
  17. StarSurfer New Player

That is literally 5 minutes from my house!

Are Spytle, Mepps, and the gang going to be there? Are you going to do a special FNL broadcast from there?
  18. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

I'll Pass since its across the US for me. Have fun. It would be nice if you keep an eye on the game so we don't get more downtime while you are there having fun.
  19. VintageWine Dedicated Player

Would you guys ever come to New York?

No?

Okay. :(
  20. HiggletyPigglety New Player

Truth of it is they aren't actually going or coming anywhere. SOE offices are located in San Diego. A quick Google of the address, and you see this is at their main office. (Also why everything is listed for PST.)

So no, they aren't going to move their offices to New York for a one-day event.