New 52 wins!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mathalos, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Mathalos Well-Known Player

As announced on FNL tonight, New 52 Batman won the poll for new Batman skin. They said we will get him closer to the end of the year. I can't wait!
    • Like x 5
  2. nuclearbomb Well-Known Player

Thats awesome
    • Like x 1
  3. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Cool! I voted for Troika, but I really didn't care which won. Both are among my favorite batsuits. I can't wait to see it on the model!
    • Like x 1
  4. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Sweet, Now to get New 52 Superman & Wonderwomen

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Archangel Rafael New Player

6. MercPony Devoted Player

• Like x 3
  7. KidMidnight Loyal Player

i'm with you on that...but i do think batmans 52 costume is one of the least offensive revisions.

and on a side note i'm glad trinidad has the flash trailer in his sig. very big flash fan-i still watch the 1990 series. i was not excited to learn flash would be getting "wb-ized". i still have some doubts about who they cast as barry but really...the trailer looks great. cant wait til it goes live. i mean airs.
  8. Archangel Rafael New Player

spytle seemed as nauseated as I am so there's a silver lining.

Jim Shooter's take on the crap52

if you don't know who Jim Shooter is, Im not talking to you. Ignore this and move along.

agreed , but then the least offensive joke at a klan rally ...

im disgusted and im gonna go play Civ5 for a couple weeks
    • Like x 2
  9. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Except neither of our choices were classics. :p

New52 has been around for just under three years and Bruce wore the Troika costume for just about four.

Now if you want a real classic, you gotta go with the Golden/Silver Age - he wore the same basic costume from 1940 until they added the yellow oval in 1964. Or perhaps the Batman of Zur-En-Arr, dating back to 1958. :)
    • Like x 7
  10. MercPony Devoted Player

Eh, I know. Just I'm tired of seeing New 52 everywhere so I would have rather seen something different lol
    • Like x 2
  11. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Totally understandable. :)

Edit: I think that's why so many people were disappointed that AzBats was off the table. That's a whole 'nother aesthetic there ... and it just screams 'different'.
  12. Archangel Rafael New Player

13. Archangel Rafael New Player

We're supposed to get the Neal Adams skin. That's solid.
  14. kemj25 New Player

Woah! I'm surprised to see people reacted so negatively here. Both suits are cool! Just because we got a New 52 costume, doesn't mean we lost anything. Besides, it's tucked away exclusively in Legends PvP if you care that much.

And there are definitely good books in the New 52!
    • Like x 2
  15. tukuan Devoted Player

Is a suit from the late nineties really a classic?
    • Like x 8
  16. Archangel Rafael New Player

17. David Ivanenko Committed Player

New 52 = Teenage Superheroes... Times change.
  18. NecronDaark New Player

Really man? It's just a skin for a PvP Legends character. Not really the "serious" offense you seem to think it is.... The vote isn't for your favorite era of comics or the best Batman look ever. They gave two choices, and people picked one. That's what happens in a "poll". The majority spoke. Jeez, just relax.
    • Like x 4
  19. BigAl Devoted Player

In truth, I would have rather had THE classic, instead of either of these. The Detective Comics from 1939.
  20. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

I don't have anything against New 52, but am I the only one who thinks that it looks the same as Future Batman and therefore Troika would've been a better choice to add diversity?