No New Powers!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Errorcode1058, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Errorcode1058 New Player

Dear Developers,

Enough already. The powers were uneven and you fixed it with the Weapon Mastery training wheels. Now everything is the same...and very stale.

I get it, you are working to balance things out with each power set. Then we will get the inevitable nerf to the training wheels. This cannot happen soon enough!

Please, refrain from adding new powers until this happens. We do not need Blue Lanterns. Really, we don't. We don't need Water Powers. Really, we don't.

Fix the mess you made before moving on to bigger and shinier things. The state of the game as it exists right now is awful.
    • Like x 4
  2. xRI0Tx Well-Known Player

Sadly I agree. An insane amount of time and resources is being spent on adjusting the combat system. I would gladly trade all the post GU-36 changes and upcoming changes for a steady stream of quality content. Lol remember when we used to get new content via updates?
  3. kawe Loyal Player

4. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Considering this is a 2011 game, and now in 2014 we are still in the middle of the balance process... I'm a bit sceptical. But yes, definitely, better try to fix what we've got now before releasing more powers.
    • Like x 2
  5. Novaks New Player

Great there goes my changes to water bend -_____-

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  6. chubbychase New Player

Is this reverse psychology? Because I don't think that's going to work...;)
  7. TheRealDeathern New Player

Honestly there doesn't appear to even be a timeline of when everything will be "balanced..." I for one would like to know when that process will be completed. I understand everything is always in a constant state of flux with powers, tweak here, nerf there, etc., but just a general, "We hope to be completed with the rebalance process by: (2015), (2016), (2017), (2018), (2019), (2020)" (pick any one DEVs)
    • Like x 1
  8. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Disagree. The games population is always an ebb and flow situation. While WM is a great mechanic and the upcoming new power mechanics are a welcome addition to the game, things of this nature do little to bolster the games population. How many new players do you think signed up because of WM. Very little. But when they released the hardlight powers the games population exploded.

Without game content to bring something new to DCUO it will just 'bleed' players as current subs move on because all that's being added are 'tweaks' to existing content. How many complaints do we get of 'rehashed' content? I guarantee if they released 3 DLC's in a row. 1 with a new power, 1 with a new weapom, and one with a new movement. This game would probably have populations double with new as well as returning players eager to test out the new ways they can make the heroes in their imagination.
    • Like x 8
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

Only problem is, the PS3 cannot support, 1 new power, 1 new weapon, and 1 new movement mode so trying to get that to work is foolish.

IMO by the time all the powers have been sorted out and balanced and we have recieved a good amount of content. Then we can talk about new power(s) and by that time it will be ready to set aside the PS3 and combine PS4 and PC to a combined server.
    • Like x 2
  10. Errorcode1058 New Player

I am all for new content. I am 100% against new powers.
    • Like x 2
  11. Humane Committed Player

Agreed.
    To make an analogy, there is little point in adding mags to your car when the engine is in need of repairs.
    Fix the existing problems before you go adding on more potential problems. With all the mistakes that have been made, there is still a steady (more or less) player base.
    They could have not released DLC 10 at all, and taken the time to finally work out all the problems.
    • Like x 1
  12. chubbychase New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. Veritasum Loyal Player

I somewhat agree with the op. But I'll stay on the fence. TBH, I do not understand the engineering behind how this game works and so I can't throw in any amount of cents on how to "balance" powers. Heck, I've seen every power set "top the charts" in all content at different times, so it's difficult to ***** with any degree of accuracy what is really going on or what to do about it for me.

I think at times, the devs should just not look at the forums and do what they do. People complain on here about not being listened to all the time, but it's the opposite. They listen too much and everything gets pulled in all kinds of directions. Anyway, GL devs and I'll just enjoy what little I do understand.
    • Like x 1
  14. iSmashly New Player

But... But... But Unicorn Powers! We NEED them!
    • Like x 2
  15. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  16. Novaks New Player

haha yes! this made my day lol
    • Like x 1
  17. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I agree. Lets balance our current set of powers/weapons before we add more.
  18. blklightning New Player

Because we've already seen what's happened to even the newer of the powers. Some got even better and others got even worse.

The devs have a ton of work to do, but this band-aid approach to balancing the combat is starting to worry me. Electric's restrictions are insane after GU38.
  19. Drakonicus New Player

Every single mmo is the middle of a constant balance process of some kind. Its part of of the genre.
  20. Red McCarthyism New Player

In my opinion DC will never be taken seriously until they add in a Lisa Frank powerset.