EU players on USPS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheBirdOfSteel, Jun 4, 2014.

1. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

Ive read in a few places that people in EU are able to play on USPS sever on there playstations by making an American PSN ID.

Is this true? Any EU guys here playing on US servers on their PS3/4?

Any info about this would be appreciated

cheers
  2. Ace1 Dedicated Player

I know orbit and Balkan do this, I saw them in 5v5 chat yesterday.
  3. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Yes, it is true.
    I've played with a few players from the UK.

Don't know much about how its done, but I know it is done.
  4. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

Really.

Im trying to look into this now but Google doesn't seem to be giving me much.

Only thing that would seem annoying to me is constantly signing in/out to play other games.
  5. Ace1 Dedicated Player

You create a new psn and change the region from UK to US, this can be done vice versa too.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

Ah so it would literally be a case of signing in and out whenever i wanted play DC.

Ok cool ill make a new PSN now with USE as my region and see what happens!
  7. MercPony Devoted Player

Yeah you just use a US-region PSN account... I may be wrong though but I read somewhere you need the US DCUO client from the US PSN Store also though.
  8. Bast10n Committed Player

If you had the option to play with a more populated community.. why wouldn't you? Why aren't more people taking advantage of this?
  9. HealerT New Player

This is accurate. If you play in both servers you must have both versions of the game on your PC, PS3/4.
    I have played on both servers although i am currently inactive on the US server.
  10. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

I've done it, started playing on the US server then switched to my continent on the EU server.

It can be done in both ways, either create a EU PSN account choosing a European country as to where you live if you're an American (doesn't matter where, the game's language will be the one that your ps3/4 is using), or create a US PSN account if you're European.

Then you indeed have to download the client of the version you want to play, so if you intend on playing both versions by switching account you'll need to have installed both the US version and the EU version.

Things to consider though:
    - Anything bought for the US version, including membership, will need to be bought again on the EU version and vice versa.
    - Many credit cards are not accepted in the PS store of another continent other than yours, hence you'd need to buy lots of PSN cards if that happens to be the case for you.
  11. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

Yes to all of this also said psn cards may have to be American psn cards or vice versa. You also may need to use a postal code for whatever region your trying to play in.
    I've done this before on my old ps3 for Euro and Japan so i could access the psn store in those regions because they get different stuff then us sometimes.:D
    • Like x 1
  12. kawe Loyal Player

I'm playing on both servers on the same account. lol No need to switch accounts after you downloaded the US/EU client.

Downside: I can't buy stuff from the US Marketplace as I am using my EU account