Whats the exact pattern now for levelling?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheBirdOfSteel, May 18, 2014.

1. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

I haven't levelled up a toon for awhile and just hit 30 , this is my first toon since all the levelling changes/CR lockouts.

Done T1 content bought some pieces.

Found myself standing in WT at CR40 with 125SP.

Ive been trying to get group together for first Novice raids but its not happening so asked for walk ins , not happening.

So am i meant to just like , wait until tomorrow now for my stuff to reset or am i missing something? o_O

I want to play DCUO now but cant because if i log in theres nothing i can run lol

Are there any walk in duos left? I noticed the earth teleports in Gotham have been removed.

DISCLAIMER

Before anyone says anything like "dont go for walkins , grind!" "walkins!? Your part of the problem!!"

I dont mind the grind , if the grind is available, and as nobodys running novice raids but the chats filled with walk in requests , it kinda becomes a "cant beat em , join em" situation.

This is my last ever alt and have only made it because i want him to be active in at least T5 on USPC before walk ins are locked off.

Thanks for any guidance.
  2. X-zero Loyal Player

Sometimes you do reach a daily limit and have to wait until the next day to do more. Unless you want to pay more to advance faster with replay badges. But if you did all the available T1 content then it should be more then enough to get to T2 in one day.
  3. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

Hmm not sure how i landed at just CR40 then :( im going to go on now and have another shot at getting a novice group together.
  4. Archangel Rafael New Player

Use your other characters to farm up some tradeable cr56 and cr64 gear to send to your alt. That'll get him to T3. After that, I have always been able to just PuG/solo my way to T5. kinda deoends on luck of PUGs and loot drop but can probably get to T5 in 4-ish hrs of play
  5. X-zero Loyal Player

Only ways I could see it is very bad luck with drops and/or the good pieces you did get were the same ones you bought.
  6. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

Good idea , think i have an Al Ghaul cape sitting in my mains bank. :D

Yh seems it , ok no worries will get my next 3 CR within the next day either way. Thanks guys.
  7. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I'm sorry, but you have to wait until enough players join or make new Alts before you can run any lower end content, especially novice raids since walk ins were taken out.

Maybe the lack of players is the reason why people did walk ins?
  8. fyshinatux New Player

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...-86-in-under-8-hours-with-screenshots.204554/

I got a group of friends, and by friends I mean I shucked out 700k and a stack of bits... for people to help me with a Nexus walkin. Sorry, THE nexus walkin that made this thread possible.

I wouldn't condone walkins unless you are a skilled vet that can learn a power-set quickly, so I'd say just hang in there and grind, run the highest possible content (avoid the novice raids) that your gear will allow, and grind grind grind.

I, personally, can't stand the grinding of FoS and Batcaves. It's a bit ironic really, that I wouldn't/don't mind grinding T4+, but once I hit CR 70, CR 86 is right around the corner... :rolleyes:
  9. Drakonicus New Player

If you have the Dlc's, Oan's gear, as well as the drops from the T3 Shaddy Nightclub duo can help too.
  10. Black Prime New Player

I will say running solo is prob the hardest thing to do grinding gear. Did not use to be so hard. Nowadays you really need either a league or find some people in gothem or metro around the same cr and make friends. Pretty sure everyone skips the easy raids. Like other person said there is tradable gear you can get on alts and trade. Find some good deals on gear in broker. My buddy bought everything for his alt and was in gates and prime the same day he hit 30. The reason you will need a league is they can walk you into other raids and alerts higher than that now. You can be walked into wastelands and get marks from duos and trigon alert. You can be walked into nexus and dox. Lots of options with leagues and friends. By yourself, you might find it impossible for a pug raid/alert to walk you into anything past gates/prime.

Bad timin for you becausr the next update they are removing walkins. Better get to work. :)
  11. Franchise New Player

just que up!!!!!
  12. NecronDaark New Player

There shouldn't need to be an exact pattern. What works for one, doesn't work for all. Work your own pace.
  13. Cosmos Girl Well-Known Player

MOD til your CR gets to 43. You should be able to get T2 armor and access to T2 missions at cr level 43. You should have access to the South Gotham Agenda in the Meta Wing which opens to lvl 30, at least last time I did it.
  14. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

If you're not grinding for marks, you're grinding for feats. If you have the feats through SP unlocks, and you're restricted from marks by the daily lockout, you either invest in replay badges or wait for reset.

The lack of content per tier has always been a weakness for DCUO. They attempted to turn that into a source of income by introducing replay badges, but otherwise if you're not injecting funds into the game w/badge purchases, your options for daily content are going to be severely limited, as has always been the case.

Prior to SP unlocks, people used the lockouts to switch over and acquire feats. If you already purchased them...well...not a whole lot to do. Can always just replay old content for the fun factor too, or to farm for styles, or exos, or collections. <boredom>