Please make Total Recovery Kits (and other marketplace items) sellable in game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flair, May 11, 2014.

1. Flair Well-Known Player

So I'm fully aware the nay-sayers are going to have a field day with this, but why not make marketplace items sellable in the game?

I would love to be able to buy a Total Recovery Kit and slap it up on the broker to knock out some quick in game creds. I don't think the ability to buy a TRK on the broker would hurt the overall marketplace sales. If anything, it creates new demand for the item (the ability to make credits) so more people will buy them. Also, it might be a good gold farmer repellent. Those players that use the annoying farmers in the game could just spend there money in the more reputable Sony Marketplace and then sell the kit or other item for the quick coin they need.

Overall it just seems like a way to make the in-game economy a little more diverse.
    • Like x 2
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

no
    • Like x 10
  3. Kintuse Well-Known Player

As much as I would LOVE to sell these things on the broker, something tells me it could have a huge backlash on something I'm vaguely aware about that I just can't pinpoint in my head.
  4. Harlequin Devoted Player

I really wish this forum supported quote pyramids so we could build one out of NO.
    • Like x 4
  5. Twilight Man New Player

Are you basing this idea on your own personal desire to be able to buy Recovery Kits at an easier rate than with the Marketplace?
    or
    Were you thinking of ways to benefit the games community and features that would be more positive than negative overall?

I ask because it can help you understand the flip side of your idea if it comes from the latter motivation, and maybe then the posts from 'nay-sayers' would be better understood.

...I think if Total Recovery Kits were tradable, then there would need to be some form of custom regulation for that item. It has the potential to destroy Exobit farming/sales all by itself. Not saying it would...but the potential is there.
    • Like x 2
  6. Flair Well-Known Player

I'm coming from a place that I want to enhance the game. Personally I'm still working the feat so I'd use ERKs and harvest the rest. And yes Kintuse. I seem to remember something being said about how it could hurt the economy to do things like this as well. Could someone in the know explain why?
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Inflation.
    • Like x 3
  8. Flair Well-Known Player

Inflation? No that's not it. If anything more TRKs in the market would reduce the asking price for them.
  9. Flair Well-Known Player

Look at the soder cola limes on the broker now. They hover around 20k. but a lot of folks undercut the going price slightly so they sell their colas first.
  10. Sabigya Steadfast Player

TRK's price will come down but since it costs cash doubt people would actually put it for a low price.
    As the release of t6. The demand will rise the supply will be low.
    Therfore causing inflation.
    If everybody starts selling TRK's the price will fall to the point where its nothing. Everyone would be sitting with 1 million due to greed they start selling stuff for more and more cash.
  11. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  12. Flair Well-Known Player

I'd just like to state that in theory I'm not a fan of the marketplace in general. I'm very old-school in my MMO preferences. I prefer monthly fees and games where players work for what they need in game.

That said, if they are going to go the micro transaction route, then do it all the way. Give people the option of what to do with the items they buy in the marketplace.
    • Like x 3
  13. Harlequin Devoted Player

1st sentence
    [IMG]
    2nd sentence
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

That sort of defeats the purpose of HAVING a marketplace if they did that. As much as I would love for world peace, poverty no longer being an issue, and money growing on trees in every backyard across the globe, it just isn't gonna happen. The marketplace exists to help people if they have a little extra cash to spend, and buy a few fun things, or some supplies like replay badges, R&D scanners, or Total Recovery Kits. I, myself, have 2 stacks of those kits because I hate farming those stupid exobits. ;)

SOE is a business first, and foremost, and since the game is free to play, with various subscription options available, they need to make a profit somehow. The answer? The marketplace. Another perk of being Legendary is the 10% discount, which you may not think is a lot, but it helps in the grand scheme of things. I really do feel like I'm spending less, because I am. Just my two cents.
  15. Archangel Rafael New Player

because it's a slippery slope toward pay-2-win.
  16. KemistiOMG Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. neidler New Player

ptw, like with auras
  18. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Not necessarily Pay-2-Win because in game cash doesn't do to much for anyone outside of modding and/or trying to control the market. However, it will successfully allow players to essentially "Buy" in game cash with real money. Buy TRK's with real money and sell them for in-game cash. It's just not a good idea.
  19. Ivy Bird Committed Player

If marketplace items were ingame tradeable it would be like being able to purchase in game cash with real world money.
  20. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

Always go with your gut instinct.

No, if anything they should be removed. Definitely not made more available.
    • Like x 1