Worst DLC yet for sure.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheBirdOfSteel, May 8, 2014.

1. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

Just sampled the new DLC.

Staging area is Themy :rolleyes: , the other area is Gotham :rolleyes: , the 2 solo legends missions are both the same stage o_O ...... with alot of base item styles (that i have in my base) posted around.

I for some reason had faith this DLC wasnt as small as people said.

Wont even bother with the alert and duos tonight if the content ive seen so far has anything to go by.

Would say its because of the PS3 they are reusing content over and over but if thats true good luck lasting another 2 years or more rehashing while the PS3 is supported. :D

Worst DLC to date?

Has my vote , hope DLC 11 has a hell of alot more bang for its buck.

My favourite DLCs so far have to be the first 2 and thats the FOS content when it first came out and Fight for the light. Its pretty much been downhill from there. :(
    • Like x 9
  2. Vixen Well-Known Player

This is one of my fav dlc so far even the iconic anomalies which in this dlc are really good!
    • Like x 9
  3. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I like it 100x more then I liked Sons of Trigon...At least it takes me over an hour to do all the content in it

Its not great by any stretch of the imagination, but its okay
    • Like x 6
  4. Octantis New Player

I don't think it's fair to compare the current DLC releases to the original few, due to creative team changes, budget limitations, and an increasingly smaller pool of memory to work within. Not to mention the rigorous deadlines they have to meet that force them to reuse locations, characters, and mechanics.

That said, I found this DLC (personally) harder to enter into than Origin Crisis was (but I wasn't in full Vestiments of Rage, so...). And the Alert was crazy difficult for my first time going in there (there was no Tank, which seemed to be necessary during the final fight). Even in nearly full greens from the solos and duos, I couldn't keep guys in Vestiments from getting one- or two-shotted. It was very humbling.

The solos take almost twice as long to complete as the Origin Crisis ones do, with more story telling throughout, not just a short opening intro.

The Duos have a couple neat mechanics in their boss fights that make them more than just Tank and Spank.

Among all the instances, Themyscira is quite huge, but only sections of it are open in different instances, which is kind of neat.

I would have liked to see the Gotham Battlezone without Brainiac's bottles, assuming time has passed more than a couple days between Battle for Earth and Amazon Fury 1. But even so, I liked the Home Turf dailies, which I was glad to see returned in Sons of Trigon, and am equally happy with them in Amazon Fury.

Overall, I feel Amazon Fury is by far the best story telling DLC. It used cut scenes and narrations perfectly, and I thought the added touch of making the Iconic Visions chronological was nice.

I'm still not a Wonder Woman / Circe fan ... Amazons just don't do it for me. Let's go back to Krypton, or even the 31st century.
    • Like x 11
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

This is going to be one of these things that people either love or absolutely hate.

As per the next dlc's having more bang for you buck with them:

• Like x 6
  6. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Agreed. I'm shocked at some of these threads. This DLC is light years better than Trigon and WOL. To the OP, the DLC's didn't begin until FFTL. Up until that point, all alerts and Raids were included in updates, thus they are not DLC's. You certainly are entitled to your opinion, however personally speaking this DLC is actually one of the better DLC's. Especially since it's just serving as an introduction to T6.
    • Like x 2
  7. SKAVANGER408 New Player

It's the worse for me. Haven't even logged on since it launched.
    • Like x 1
  8. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I just think that in comparison to all other DLCs, this isnt bad...Our DLCs have generally been pretty lackluster when you look back to the post-raid in updates DCUO (meaning no FFTL and Lightning Strikes)

- Last Laugh was weak (although I enjoy PVP)
    - Hand of Fate was extremely buggy and didnt have much content, plus everything
    - Home Turf was the worst DLC by a mile
    - Origin Crisis, although I thoroughly enjoyed it, wasnt well recieved
    - Sons of Trigon and War of the Light didnt have much content

In my opinion this is the 3rd or 4th best DLC theyve dropped behind Battle for Earth and Origin Crisis...But again, I dont know if thats saying all that much
  9. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

I'll phone in here and agree that this isn't the greatest dlc IMO, but is a nice one to introduce T6 and prep us for T6 raids.
  10. SKAVANGER408 New Player

But how is it a good start for T6? The alert is so easy that you dont even need all support roles.
    • Like x 1
  11. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Can you get worse than Last Laugh? I mean I think they'd have to try.
    • Like x 4
  12. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Haven't they stated before that the design for alerts is to have them doable with any group composition. So I don't see how that's an issue. /shrug. Expecting hard from small group stuff is kinda expecting the impossible isn't it if that ideal is still the goal.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

It's a good start because we have a lot of smaller content to get easy MoF for future gear sets that most likely will be coming with DLC 11 and beyond.
    • Like x 1
  14. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Did I say we should have hard? No I didn't. Look at the question I answered or did you even bother? /shrug

A lot of people blame the community for running without certain support roles but it falls on the devs shoulders at some point.

If this dlc is gonna prep us for dlc 11 raids than I guess all is lost.
  15. SKAVANGER408 New Player

I guess but it would of been better if we got 1 more alert.
    • Like x 1
  16. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

In regards to the "prep for DLC 11 raids" I meant gear, MoF, and Mod wise. I will be the first to agree the Alert is "easymode" with most groups that grasp the mechanics.
  17. Damashi The Kaotic Well-Known Player

I disagree heavily I think story wise its the best thing they have done in a long while. Content wise I'm content with what is here though I would have liked 1 more duo. For me the worst dlc was origin crisis and it was one of the many factors that made quit 7 or so months ago.
    • Like x 3
  18. Ice Clown New Player

after playing this DLC ill have to agree that this is my worst dlc i ever played.

i played it for like 2days and already got so bored of it... the solos, duos, and alert have nice enviroment and all, but they used the EXACT SAME ONE which personally for me feels lazy. they should change them alittle so its feels different.

i mean look at battle for earth, origin crisis, son of trigon, etc. their missions all have like a big difference on the enviroment. for example, sons of trigon duos all use a differnt enviroment.

the only reason while im still playing this is because of feats and gears. after i finish those im never ever coming back to those boring LONG missions. due to those giant health bars the bosses and adds have. i literally fall asleep while playing this DLC after like 20min

once i make a new ALT for my hero side, ima just skip all feats and grinding for this DLC since i cant take playing it again.

also im not a big fan of the whole " alternate metropolis and gotham " thingy since we been having ALOT of those lately... they need some new cities to make the game feel more refreshing.

PS: last laugh for me is one of my fav DLC, since im a huge pvp/legend guy. those legend toons and map lasted me for like a good 1 and a half month
    • Like x 1
  19. SKAVANGER408 New Player

True but I just don't see dlc 11 requiring anything too crazy but lvl 90 vest gear. Since I'm skipping this dlc we will find out when it's released.
  20. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

Agreed. Another alert would have been nice. Though IMO minus a large bounty and 1 more duo, this dlc is very similar to what we got with Sons of Trigon.
    • Like x 2