Fire DPS vets: Lets talk.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by C3alix, May 5, 2014.

1. C3alix Committed Player

How are we all doing with combination of GU36, WM, and our fire rotations? Anybody else besides myself feel like we're great again?
    • Like x 1
  2. Vyltran Loyal Player

I do so on my villain alt.. i feel good.. but at the same time, i still want at least 1 burst more power... i'm just happy atm..
  3. OM3GA 4 New Player

I DO feel a little more damage coming out, no question. But I think some small tweaks and changes are in ORDER...
  4. Starbrand Dedicated Player

As with any other powerset, you should simple put your buffs, then your DOTs/PIs, then you WM, then one burst power. :)

It is not fire that is great again, it is WM turning every power rotation the same.

They are great indeed, but the same.
    • Like x 1
  5. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Working a lot better for me.
    Fire goes really well with handblasters long range.
    Quick question to anyone who has tried. How good is fireburst with WM combination does it do anything?
  6. Drakonicus New Player

The Devs think that too:

• Like x 1
  7. C3alix Committed Player

I use rifle and pistols for long range. But as for using fireburst with it? I don't think it's possible because the animation takes so long.
  8. Korlick Loyal Player

Powers with a cast time such as Fireburst or Mass Det. do not get the critical buff.
  9. Saybro Committed Player

hence why they need to be ******* lowered lol
  10. KeyuBaN New Player

Whoah, Where tf is TO at?

I thought he'd be hear by now.
  11. TrueOlympus New Player

Doing extremely well. I'm operating at a level even above my OP DW days( Not a FOTM chaser, the FOTM simply landed on my weapon)
  12. OM3GA 4 New Player

no problem
  13. Ch3wtobacco New Player

as an alternate troller I wonder just how long it will be before they consider might based dps as "not worth the trouble" so they can WM "more effectively" and just put out POT...
  14. DoctorSyndrome Dedicated Player

I feel POWERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. Heero Blaze Well-Known Player

On the one hand, yes I do think we have a couple of advantages with Weapon Mastery including 60% Damage Buffs (Fireburst and Mass Detonation) and we have Fiery Weapon to add Critical Chance and Damage, both of which make us more powerful with Weapon Mastery. I haven't had any trouble out damaging any other power using WM and a pure Might build.

On the other hand, its constricted out cast time powers into powers used for a Damage Buff rather than the actual damage they produced (this has been a long term trend, but now more apparent than ever). Additionally, Supercharges for DPS (Volcanic Calamity and Fireball Barrage) don't seem to have a use anymore as their benefit from WM is limited and it is much better to have a full Supercharge Bar for additional damage with some weapons.

I'd like to see what the new mechanic will be for Fire, hopefully around cast time powers as Fire use to be the one power with 4 Cast Time Powers (honestly, if it is as simple as having us tap triangle as fast as we can while casting Fireburst/Mass Detonation to increase their damages I would be totally fine with that).
  16. Pureshadow New Player

I don't know i haven't seen a fire get top damage. Maybe you are playing with players with low SP.
  17. Mantoe Well-Known Player

I've seen a fire dps out damage a rage dps in my leauge, both have the same amount of skill points, both use weapon mastery. For people who know how to use fire we are loving being back on top of the leader boards.:D
  18. Pureshadow New Player

So u saw a fire dps outdps a rage. That doesn't mean much.
    1. Rage dps could be watching game of thrones barely dpsing
    2. Rage dps could be doing a horriable rotation.
    3. Fire is leeching on rage dps's bloodlust.
    4. There are no new raids so you are doing old content, which everyone barely cares to reach max dps because its easy.
    5. Your league could have low dps as a whole.
    6. The fire dps could be dps trash mobs rather than doing objectives, dps boss, or rezzing players.
  19. DoctorSyndrome Dedicated Player

I definitely feel like fire DPS is great again, at times I tend to feel like a fire god lol.
    • Like x 1