BLOCK STICKING

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Multiverse, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flogin New Player

seems like it fixed
    • Like x 1
  2. lanternknight Committed Player

Now?! I made a complaint thread about this over three months ago. Smh.
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

i have this happen 2 me literally everyday and this bug started on my 9th of 2013 and ive seen the devs say it will b fixed 3 different times and it never has been? Seriously when will this b fixed?!
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It was fixed in Game Update 34. If you are still having problems, it is likely something to do with your specific account/keyboard/game controller and should be addressed via a support ticket: http://help.soe.com

6. lanternknight Committed Player

It wouldn't be those reasons. It would be the game. Simply because multiple people experienced the same problem.
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Multiple people have experienced it being fixed. The post rate in this thread slowed down dramatically after Update 34, and Update 34 was when it was fixed. Your argument is slightly illogical. Even the person who posted before your previous post said that it seems to be fixed.

If you believe it is the game's fault that a small number of people are still affected, you should try to find out what you have in common with those people. Are you all playing on PS3, PS4, or PC? Are you all using game controllers made by the same company? Maybe there is still a bug in the game that affects certain players using specific hardware.
  8. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

When I had the problem, I was playing on PC with my PS4 controller... it worked fine for everything else but the block would stick more often than not... yet never had this problem on the PS4 itself. Because of this, I abandoned the PC side and returned to the PS4 version; thankfully I hadn't invested much in my PC account. So as SethZoulMonEl mentioned, if you're still having a problem is could very well be traced to your hardware- even if everything else works fine except for block.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

then explain 2 me how i watched it happen 2 a pug in nexus last night and a league m8 in anb last night too? Keep saying its fixed, its not, and it happened 2 me again 2day. Just because the devs say its fixed doesnt mean it is
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

or maybe they just didnt fix it? This still happens 2 at least 7 people in my league. Some use controllers and some use a mouse. Dont know how saying its not fixed is illogical when i watch it happen with my own eyes on a daily basis. Whats illogical is u claiming they fixed it when u dont know %100. U work for soe and dcuo? I dont think u do so again u dont know w/out a doubt it has been fixed. I swear the complete and utter ignorance of the people on these forums is laughable.
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Not ignorance; I'm just not seeing any blocking issues from me or my league-mates or friends. Also, the decline in messages in this thread support that it is fixed for the majority of people. If it is happening to a small population in the game, I agree that it may be a bug in the game, but it is still a bug that must be specific to certain hardware or that small population is using block in a way that most players do not.

You're of the stance that since you and people you know are experiencing it, it must be a bug. I'm of the stance that since me and people I know are not experiencing it, it must be fixed. If I'm ignorant for my standpoint, that makes you equally ignorant for yours since we are arguing using the same logic. One step further I've taken is to point to the fact that there is a vast diminishment of posts in this thread since the fix was implemented. If that makes me ignorant, then I guess I need to re-learn my statistics and probability theory.
  12. Silver Wing New Player

Not sure if someone submitted this fix because I did not read every single post, but turning your controller off and then back on usually works.
  13. Lady Thren New Player

I still have this problem...

Now, in every instance I play in, when my character dies and someone picks me up. After I get up, I can't do any combos with my powers because the block is suddenly stuck without me even hitting R1. The only remedy is to hit Start and exit out. This is frustrating!
  14. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

It was sticking yesterday for me.
    • Like x 1
  15. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

I'm having the opposite effect, blocking not registering. Character is not stunned or anything just stands there in idle fighting stance for 2-3 seconds unable to block no matter how many times you press nor use breakout trinket.
    • Like x 1
  16. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

I am sure many have said it also, but emphasizing it again. Revival equals the same concern when pressing block knowing you will have a spec of health when getting back up.
  17. Seth Grey New Player

Happened to me a couple o times on the 22nd of June.
  18. Kharhaz Committed Player

Block sticking is a major pain. Each time I plan to run in a direction, I end up rolling towards my team when, as a tank I am meant to take it away from them.

It is happening more and more often these days. The so called fix isn't working. The block stick is alive and well.
    • Like x 2
  19. Foe Evah New Player

I've been sticking for the best few days, but it's during a break-out... I've been afraid of breaking out because a tap to break has actually been putting me on a brief block (aka sticking) :( I believe other players know this because they'll BB spam right after a CC.

Which brings me to my other point: often times I'll have to tap the break-out button multiple times in order for it to work. In such times, this may or may not put me in a block stance for a very brief period of time. Sometimes, the later occurs without shift spamming. I believe the issue may be related. The block stick or lack thereof may be a problem with the handler that issues the event not registering or accepting a change in event.

I tried waiting out as a test just to see if it may be lag (aka, pressing or tapping it once and waiting on a response from the UI), but that didn't help at all.

This is USPC. I use a XBOX360 controller.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.