PvE DPS Competitions [USPS]

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Doctor Suesss, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch_GT New Player

lol I knew you were gonna ask tell pick to go hit them up.
  2. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    No wager though. I'm not interested in taking or losing money.
    • Like x 1
  3. treehunter904 New Player

I rarely use the forums and I have knowledge cuz iv been every power and was good with them not just switching to the most OP power atm. and yes there are a lot of combos with HL but 90 percent of them are terrible. and ur acting like HL is so hard lol. its easy, just as easy as any other precision based combo power. but one thing I do agree with u is that most of the people on the forums have no idea what they are talking about.
    • Like x 1
  4. EzioNight New Player

Probly some hot headed over compensating person lol!
  5. Ice Lantern New Player

If you play a serious fighting like Street Fighter at a decent level, then HL is very easy to master.
    • Like x 1
  6. ASH New Player

so cute lol
    • Like x 2
  7. winter13 New Player

Scorecard chasing is frowned upon in these forums ;):p
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

EUPC translation would be : Bets will start at 50k and range up to 1 million.

to do this every dps power would need to be the same and if this is the case the one with most powerIN will override more often and would win ...
  9. ASH New Player

...and then he wants the competition take place in nexus, where everything dies in seconds. last week i played nexus and the rage and celest dps in the group had all the bosses down in the first room before i was able to activate my 2nd trinket.....so about 20sec after we started. same with the last room. even these bossfights, were dot powersets normally should shine, are a joke now. not even mentioning the mobs....
  10. MirinDaAesthetics New Player

you can't say HL is easy when there is so much to do with the power set. When you learn the basic combos, sure, it's easy. But when you go into depth with it, it becomes gradually more difficult. Using any other powerset, it is more concrete; meaning there are a few moves that should be used with each other. For example, with fire, you would do inferno, into fiery weapon clip, into fireburst. You're setting up the pi, then putting in the buff to make fireburst hit harder. What is so creative and difficult about that? The difference with HL is, combos are infinite and there will always be something new to figure out because at the moment there is no PI, the way to do damage is to conform combos based off of what is in the raid, certain combos on adds, certain combos on bosses etc. This is why I say this power set is the most difficult to learn.
  11. MirinDaAesthetics New Player

This is not necessarily a scorecard chasing thread. It was meant to set up competition between dedicated dpses on the forums. Some more than others. I am surprised that this was not previously posted given they are fun!
    • Like x 1
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Hl is the hardest power to master, not saying it's hard, but it's the hardest to use if we gonna rank them. The 2 easiest powers right now is rage and sorcery. Anyone who is rage/sorcery/nature/hl/gad/cele shouldn't brag about how beast they are. Why are all the "beast" dps always the Fotm? Is it you or the power set?
  13. MirinDaAesthetics New Player

It is obvious those power sets are the ones that tend to top charts. You can't do anything about it but deal with it. The thread was made to test these power sets against each other. There is more to dpsing than being a power set. It isn't just being an OP power and you automatically become first every match. There are other factors believe it or not. One gadget can be twice the skill of another gadget. Bottom line is, this thread was made to test just that. I personally would like to see dpses on USPS impress me with any power set.
  14. deraharper New Player

Just a little heads up for who you will be dpsing against since I've played with him a lot.

His rage DPS is your typical Outrage/Dreadful Blast/Berserk user. I believe he uses Plasma Retch on every rotation as well, and will drop a supply drop/trinket before the fight. This is the one he'll be using.

His HL DPS uses variations of SK combos. Same as the supply drop/trinket. He will bring 3 trolls in if he uses this power.

In both cases this will happen in Nexus, since he spends all day rerunning Nexus while loot locked, in "challenge runs" I guess I'd call it.

Now, the real wrench in it, is that he will run way ahead of the tank in an effort to get more damage. And by run way ahead, I mean he will travel as fast as he can to the next mob even if the entire group is stopped. And he will not pick anyone up ever even in regular runs, so if you dps against him, don't pick anyone up. This is particularly important because if Heaven forbid you do this challenge in AnB, he will attack every single mob in Metropolis without anyone even close to present. Every. Single. Mob.

I believe he'll also go and attack those two side mobs if he gets locked out of a boss fight (which he never does since for some reason the entire raid scrambles to pick him up) in Nexus.

Oh, and important to note, but the tank he'll be using will allow him to start every fight, or he'll do it anyway just because.

What you'll be facing is the ultimate scoreboard chaser. And what I'm describing is just normal runs too. Hope this helps people decide. :)

You might even see me in there (if he isn't mad at me for trying to get people to prepare).
    • Like x 4
  15. MirinDaAesthetics New Player

LOL I had to laugh. Deracic Izunabey right? The same guy who has lost in dox to trollers. (send tell to Silencer), Are you mad that I get more attention from Harper (you know who i'm talking about) Than you do? I find it shameful that you try to call me out on the forums when you just tag along with a girl that friend zoned you and are taking out your anger on me. It does seem you really pay attention to what I do on DC in terms of raids. I have nothing against that given ALL of those runs were friendly runs that you struggled to solo heal. The league dpses I play with I mess around and play like a "scorecard chaser". Simple reason is, who cares? It's against leaguemates that know how I do when it's a serious match. Don't call out someone that has cincrupuled you on dc, scrub. And getting people to prepare? It's nexus, treat it as such. Runs shouldn't go over 20 minutes honestly.
  16. deraharper New Player

^

This is the person you could possibly lose against.

But I don't get how everything I do or don't do is apparently relevant here. I'm not trying to brag about myself on the forums personally, but thanks for insulting everything I do. I just stated what anyone should be prepared for, but me getting "friend zoned" also has much to do with this competition. Deflection. Well, whatever I guess. At least now people should know your strat if they accept.
  17. Mister Majesty Committed Player

This is just... the most hilariously saddest , most laughingly depressing thread I've ever seen. I am seriously laughing with tears running down my face.

*sigh*.....Thanks for that. No really, thanks.
    • Like x 10
  18. MirinDaAesthetics New Player

you don't need to be posting here to brag. you made an account on the forums, TODAY. To insult me? What reasons do you have to insult me? I can only think of one. The fact that you don't get attention from a certain someone. See you'd be a little more credible if you had this account for a long time, given you only have two messages, that is not the case. you should consider being a man for once. Call me out during a group raid. Not on the forums to put me on blast in front of other people you don't even know.
  19. savageprime New Player

IBL IBL IBL!!
    MIRIN stop picking on folks lol. Ive never ran with you but I have with some of your leaguemates who suggest I go against you but I have since switched to ice from rage and I love ice unfortunately the devs dont so of course ice will never be top tiered but if I can get some good damage with upcoming WM I may hit you up for fum run to test my skills. Those karmic hex arent gonna save you forever lol.
  20. MirinDaAesthetics New Player

Sounds good man, I look forward to it. I am rage as well right now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.