The New SOE All Access Plan & FAQ

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 24, 2014.

1. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

but theres all these new ppl who do not have these styles, all the collections that I do, there for would sub in a heart beat if they only had 10k-20k

simply to buy the pieces off of brokers.
  2. Roshen New Player

Dear Players,

In an effort to ensure that the transition to the new All Access membership plan is as seamless as possible, we are going to be taking a little more time to test. So, we will be pushing the launch date of All Access to Tuesday, April 29th. Because of the portfolio-wide nature of this plan, this may prevent us from doing any individual game updates in EverQuest, EverQuest II, Planetside 2, and DC Universe Online. These updates will resume normally after the All Access launch. We appreciate your patience and you’ll agree that our new membership offering is worth the wait.
    • Like x 2
  3. Waterfall Well-Known Player

Well...... I guess we have the reason we are still waiting on GU36, WM, DLC 10, and Spring Seasonal. I look forward to the week after this when we will get an update with them all rolled into one bug ball...... I mean big, totally meant to say big.
    • Like x 2
  4. Drakonicus New Player

Yeah, there is no way all that stuff at the same time could possibly go wrong...but yay ! 10% off ! Of course thats woth the wait...
    • Like x 2
  5. StealthBlue Loyal Player

The Spring seasonal is already downloaded on your system, it just needs to be activated. With it now being on test, if they don't find any bugs, they can still do a client and/or server hotfix to start the seasonal. Game Updates haven't been needed to start seasonal events for a while. I just think that this means the server updates to handle the all access membership structure for PC are written into GU36, so that can't come out until the new access plan is in place.

On the bug part, yes I agree, there will be many speaking as a PS player since they can't do nearly as much testing for the PS3/4, but I'm sure there are still bugs on the PC side too.
    • Like x 1
  6. Echephyle New Player

Honestly i could care less about this new all access membership. New content is what keeps players interested. Many players are losing interest in the game because gu 36, wm and dlc 10 are taking far too long to hit live. Since you're delaying it even more, i expect gu36, dlc 10 and wm to all drop on april 30 as damage control.
    • Like x 3
  7. Dr Cryoseism New Player

The only reason I even gave DCUO a try is because I already have a subscription for PS2 and I heard about the all access plan.
  8. Echephyle New Player

Sure it might attract some new players, but keeping current players from leaving imo is more important. They should have delayed the all access pass and let dlc's and gu's pass first.
    • Like x 2
  9. tukuan Devoted Player

Less existing for the PS members I know, but for the PC members I would think this will bring in a lot of new interested players, which in turn should yield some more subs so at the end of the day it should hopefully be a win:win on both sides of the fence. More subs generally equates to more resources for the devs.
    • Like x 1
  10. Echephyle New Player

The majority of peopke that play this game are ps players
    • Like x 1
  11. Valsmurf Loyal Player

It seems like you think the all access plan is something the DCUO devs had a choice. SOE is a giant company and DCUO is not only just one of it's games it's a rather small one at that. There's no comparing the amount of people who play Everquest or Planetside with DCUO's playerbase. edit. that's including the playstation players btw

If SOE wants to put this plan out, they will put it out whenever they see fit. They're looking at the big picture which is more players to SOE as a whole, If they lose a few angry and impatient DCUO players, they don't really care.

It's not the dcuo team calling the shots on this one.
    • Like x 1
  12. Wickedwillow Well-Known Player

If you had just gotten a membership then you would have spent far less and had all of the DLC included. Simply put, you don't get legendary perks unless you have legendary status. There would be far too much work involved In order to distinguish between someone who spends $5 in the store or someone like you who has spent over $200, and lets face it customer service in this game is not exactly their strong suit.

Just in case you still think that you are missing out on Loyalty points and other perks :

loyal/ˈlojəl/adjective
    : having or showing complete and CONSTANT support for someone or something

Spending money on the game when you decide that you want something is not considered loyalty, because they can not rely on your continued support.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dr Cryoseism New Player

The all access pass involves more games than just DCUO. Sure, they could delay DCUO implementation, but it seems a bit underwhelming to tell SOE MMO players that the all access pass isn't actually going to be all access until they finish some DLC that those players might not even care about. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that it's a probably a bit complicated to do something like this that covers a number of different titles. You're talking about keeping existing DCUO players, but SOE is probably focused on keeping monthly subscribers from all of their titles, which might be a more profitable goal. I came over to DCUO because I have a PS2 premium membership, but it wasn't because I was interested in branching it. It was because I wasn't playing PS2 enough to justify a monthly membership, so I figured I would give another SOE game a shot before cancelling.
  14. Lantern Neuro New Player

I would tend to agree with you here.
    I almost wish they hadn't teased so much, so early about it all because it's beginning to feel like... well, a big tease. It may be just me, but it seems as if everyday lately the forums have become more and more bitter with players who want SOMETHING... ANYTHING to happen and are beginning to just nitpick every detail that we do have to death.

I'm sure there are internal politics and the like going on at SOE that we aren't privy to that are delaying releases and such, but from this players perspective the whole thing is becoming this out of control snowball.
    • Like x 3
  15. Echephyle New Player

You have a point, but it's really unfair for us dcuo players who will have to wait almost 4 months for new content to come out since wotl1.
    • Like x 2
  16. Roland Deschain New Player

since the work to distinguish a 5$ or 500$ premium is so hard it should be easier to tie cash cap increases to dlc
    they could give 250-500$ for each dlc
    they could give 1000$ every 3 dlc you own,
    they could give 1000$ for each dlc from a tier(a welcome to t4-t5-t6 bonus, so if you get wotl1 and OC you get only 1k, if you get wotl1 and battle for earth you get 2k)
    they could add money increase to specific dlc that lacks some content to ensure higher selling(AF is a little low on content, last laugh has no content aside from shield) adding a 1-2k cash cap increase to those low content dlc would make them much more interesting

those are not infinite amount of money, it's easy to do since they can adjust the cash cap(escrow tokens works that exact way)
    and lastly, your definition of loyal is strange
    loyal is the customer that goes to a bar each single day for a coffee and a donut
    loyal is the customer that goes to the same bar 3 days a week, never in the same days but 3 days a week nonetheless
    loyal is the customer going to that exact same bar only on saturday but each damn week of his life and spends big on alchool
    constant is different from daily, it refers to something that keeps repeating
    subbing constant is each month i pay
    premium constant is each time you dish out a dlc i pay
    i feel that costant applieas to both the situation, the time frame ison the premium part depends from devs, if they release more dlc premium pay more, if they release monthly shallow and low content dlc they lose the customer
  17. Lantern Neuro New Player

...and now the infighting and nitpicking amongst ourselves begins like always and SOE just sits back and profits from both sides of the argument.

When did it become so important to other players how someone else chooses to access the content of this game?

To each his or her own I say.
  18. Echephyle New Player

As an act of good faith for the playerbase, they should release everything (gu 36, wm, dlc 10, spring event) either the day of this stupid pass or the day after.

One week from today is plenty of time to finalize testing.

They need to do something nice to say sorry. We waited too long for wm especially.
    • Like x 3
  19. Lantern Neuro New Player

Here Here! /clap
    • Like x 1
  20. guyred1 New Player

as long as DC exists what you sayin