Can you fire tank Nexus? Has anyone done fine as a Fire Tank?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Golden_Assassin, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Golden_Assassin Committed Player

I keep hearing folks diss fire tanks or not want them in Nexus raids. I'm a fire tank and I feel some kind of way. What's up with that?

- Gold
  2. Black House New Player

I've fire tanked Nexus, no problems...join better groups or join a good league
    • Like x 2
  3. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

Nexus / AnB run regularly..have not tried tankin Dox tho.
    • Like x 1
  4. HeirToThaThrone Committed Player

Im sure you can.

Get good counters and always be ready to use a breakout if the situation calls, and any tank should be able to tank Nexus.

The problem you came across is having a Fire tank is hard on a weak group, so people want the indestructible Ice tanks to carry their slow reaction time having solo healers through content.
    • Like x 4
  5. TrueOlympus New Player

I tank them all regularly. My favorite to tank is DOX, my second Favorite is AnB. I hate tanking Nexus though. Its too boring.
    • Like x 5
  6. Punisher 4-31 New Player

correct nexus and a/b are fine for a fire tank (of course if they know what they're doing), wave i'm still not sold on yet. I feel ice is best for wave second is rage (as long as they don't rage crash)
  7. Breakforce Loyal Player

I have tanked both Nexus and Dox as fire.

And if I can, anyone should be able to put up a decent fight, because I am not very good at this game.
  8. Dump Truck New Player

Fire tanking is one of the easiest, and boring, tank classes. There is no power interaction with fire as EVERY power is our power interaction. I primarily centers around popping a power (any power - to buff your health) and holding block. (Over simplified, but basically) You can tank any content in the game well as fire, including epic oddy in less than 15 min back when it was hard.

The real problem with fire, we all went rage!
    • Like x 3
  9. Dump Truck New Player

10. TrueOlympus New Player

Not all of us
    • Like x 8
  11. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Not all......
    • Like x 1
  12. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Ah memories. That was the first time Rooney had ever run Epic Odyssey with us. Good times. :)

EDIT: Jeez time flies...that was posted back in November of last year (although I think the run was done at the end of October).
  13. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

I personally have never fire tanked just ice and rage but i have seen fire tanks do Nexus, AnB, Paradox with out any problems, i know from a rage tank PoV that Hal Jordan and Saint Walker hit like freight trains as do a lot of things in Wave but Nexus that's easy peasy now that the bats don't hit nearly as hard as they use to.
    • Like x 1
  14. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

I can fire tank nexus with no problem. If i can tank it with crappy gear then everyone can.
  15. MCAZR New Player

Fire tank Nexus? Is that one of those 'military intelligence' types of contradictions? I heard it's unpossible.
  16. KidVicious93 Well-Known Player

I hate healing rage tanks...
  17. HermanRuth New Player

You don't have to heal a good one.
    • Like x 6
  18. Flightboy New Player

Yup agree on all!!!
    I support this quote especially the last two sentences!
    Sigh, ohhhhhh Pre-GU32 how those days are missed... :(
    • Like x 1
  19. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

With a Rage tank that knows what he or she is doing you should have no problem, all a Rage tank needs is power.
    • Like x 5
  20. Mr Rocky New Player

i've never done a FULL nexus raid with a fire tank i had leave :(
    i've done a pretty smooth AnB with a fire tank in monday
    never done pw with a fire tank
    • Like x 1