Only 53 SP...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TempestPrime, Apr 16, 2014.

1. TempestPrime New Player

How screwed will I be when weapon master drops? I need to start farming more feats, instead I had been focusing on making multiple toons. Been playing almost 2 months and I have

101 CR Quantum Troll
    96 CR Rage DPS
    95 CR Celestial DPS [ and got an OP ring last night :) ]

But all only have 53ish SP.
  2. Feenicks New Player

My guess is you skipped a lot of content. That's the downside to that. You missed out on quite a few SP doing that.
    • Like x 18
  3. Dephyre Committed Player

First let me start off by saying congratulations on having higher CR toons. Secondly, start grinding your but off, because in this game SP are everything. I would recommend you knock off the races, merits, and generally everything under the solo and general feat menus. Next i would focus on gathering all the styles you can buy off the vendors in the WT or HoD, with thatyou should be up around 100 SP, and most of these things can be done inside of a week.
    • Like x 2
  4. Golden_Assassin Committed Player

Notrollious I'll roll witcha if you wanna grind some.

PSN - bruceleroy98 CR 96 Tank
    • Like x 1
  5. Twilight Man New Player

I'm curious how you reached CR 96 but still under 60 skill points?
    I'm only comparing to my own experience and how I had 70+ skill points before reaching 80 CR.

I'm not judging you...I'm honestly asking what you did there? Not to do it myself, just asking.
    • Like x 2
  6. TempestPrime New Player

Yeah I have been putting off the racing feats but I figured that was the best place to start. I have exploration done for the most part..maybe a couple of alerts need explored. I used feat unlocked on the last 2 characters. And yes I found the quickest way to get my CR up to get into the higher end content (don't hate lol). I do know my roles with the exception of my healing offrole, but I plan on pugging t1 stuff to not only help lower tier players fill the missing spots (it's hard to get groups for low content) and also work on my rotations.
  7. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

LOL

Rush through content much?

2 months for multiplayer toons, now 2 more months for feats just to use WM...

SP first and CR second!

Some learn the hard way!

IA ARMY
    • Like x 5
  8. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

forget about WM and go do the toyman missions...
    • Like x 3
  9. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

I wouldn't say that you are screwed. In fact, I would actually think that you will benefit greatly from the new system. You would get more innate bonuses + the use of WM combos over what you are using now.

Example:
    Say you want to use the dual weild into Bow combo. This requires mastery in both. So 20sp for each of them (gets inates and needed attacks from this. leaves you with 13sp. 1 in movement mode. so 12 left. get the 2 bow combos for 2 sp. 10 remaining. You get the 3 might/prec boosts in both trees and still have 4 sp to spare. Giving you a total innate bonus of 100+might and 100+precision with the att chance/Damage crits for both. Which im pretty sure is more prec&might than you can currently get. I think you'll be fine with WM, far from being screwed, you'll actually get a nice buff :).

Though I would start grinding if I were you. the more you have the better it will be :).
    • Like x 1
  10. TempestPrime New Player

Well I leveled without a league and I was a totally noob. I came to forums to try and learn the mechanics but it didn't click too much. I have sent plenty of PM's to many of the well known members here , Hornet and Darth to just name a couple. Here is how I did it.

1. Hit 30.
    2. Buy as much 64 and high level item gear as i could off of broker. I was lucky and had a 78 ring and neck i got from the vault.
    3. I ran gates
    4. Reset gates and run it again
    5. Reset gates and run it again
    6. Run Prime
    7. Buy a couple pieces of the T2 and mod all of your gear just to get into Central City..I think i bought like 2 tier pieces so i still have a ton of marks at this point.
    8. Buy the entire CC gear.
    9. Mod it all with Syn 3
    10. If I would start replacing what I needed to hit my next bench mark 70Cr.
    11. Run Obot Mbot reset do this a few times
    12. If im still short of the walk in level of Wasteland (i think it's 80) buy t4 piece and mod to fill in gaps.
    13. Hit 80 and get walked into Wastleland. Farm the mobs to get green drops to boost you to 84/85 (at work not sure the t5 requirement.)
    14. Run the Raven quest and Reset/Repeat to get all 8 pieces.
    15. Mod This with Synth 3 or 4's if you have the marks.
    16. Run trigon. get the weapon if you are lucky maybe another drop.
    17. should be around 90 CR.
    18. If you aren't a DPS spend your marks on getting mogo ring/neck/face/trink
    19. Run AB get vest gear
    20. /profit

I may have missed something I'm on pain meds and not thinking clearly.
  11. TempestPrime New Player

Noooooooo, i wasted hours on my first toon and never finished it even once...those feats can suck it lol.
    • Like x 1
  12. tukuan Devoted Player

How screwed are you? More or less I would say that same as people who didn't have HT mods when DLC6 dropped. Which is to say you can still run content but your numbers will suffer and dbag groups are likely to kick on a semi-regular basis those who obv don't have WM.

I suspect you won't be the only one in this situation and there will likely be an increased call for feat runs in the next few months. Just keep your ears open for alert, duo and raid feat specific runs and/or start some of your own. Additionally hit the races, explorations and the initial "participation" PVP feats and you should be around 100 in short order.
  13. Golden_Assassin Committed Player

Rule #1 - never neglect feats. Although as an acrobat, I hate the racing feats.
    • Like x 1
  14. Sbel Devoted Player

Well, in order to get all of the WM combos of your main weapon you need to master 3 weapons and that costs 67 skill points. So, pretty screwed.:(

But! Most people will only really use 1 WM combo so you'd only need 43 skill points. You can get that but it'll mean giving up a lot of T1 innates so you'll lose some critical attack chance/damage (or critical power healing chance on your troll). So you're only somewhat screwed. :p

Don't worry. ;) Lots of people are in the same situation as you. One of my newest alts is CR95 and only has 59 SP :eek:. And if you only have 53 SP you must be missing a lot of easy to get feats. :)

Don't forget the pvp feats. There are a lot of skill points tied up between them and the pvp styles.
  15. The Klepto New Player

Chill my dude.

1st off you can so anything in this game with 35sp. I have several toons I don't give a flying crap about that are full vestment rage 98 cr unmoded toons and still beat anything in this game with ease.

2nd you people who think SP is everything your off your rocks and then some. That's the worst opinion that travels through the mainstream of this game.

With that said my main toon is 178 sp. But that don't matter. Think I wasted money like fools did to get over 100 across my 6 toons playing end game content. HELL NO..... Why?..... Because SP isn't needed in this game. You can do everything without them the gear is good enough.
    • Like x 1
  16. Sbel Devoted Player

Not on your first character. I doubt a first character would have the money for even one 64 piece and the 78 rings/neck don't drop in the vault until you're over 70.
  17. TempestPrime New Player

The PVP and style points are probably the easier ones I am missing. I don't want to waste my playing time looking on broker though.
  18. Twilight Man New Player

Well, skippimg aside there is no denying the hustle you put in there. But yeah I get how the SP are low now.
  19. TempestPrime New Player

You doubt me sir? 2nd week playing I got a green aura sold for 10.5 mil. Money wasn't an issue. I didn't get the ring/neck on first toon you are correct. I bought t2 pieces and modded to get into CC. The method above was on toons 2-3.
    • Like x 2
  20. TempestPrime New Player

It wasn't cheap. Some will say I "paid" my way but I just enjoy raids more than other aspects of the game. So I'd rather replay them then running dailies. I'm always down to help pay it forward so anyone who needs help PM I'm usually on Crit.