WM Pet Update

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by WreckingBaII, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Echephyle New Player

Rage already has an "awesome mechanic" in berserk and ferocity, which buff precision in a way that will make it the "new alpha" with wm.
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Im happy you love Sorc so much truly as do I, Its a great fun power and you are obviously a little biased currently but what ever makes you happy friend but the math just doesnt support that its top. I know great Sorc Player that can beat those powers but you give that same person those powers and they would beat them selves as sorc. but what ever its not really that important as long as they are as closed to ballanced as we can get them. It shouldnt matter what power you are they should all be close to the same damage wise in a perfect DCUO
  3. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

We all look forward to that but again your basing it on who the user? Again I cant judge who you go up against but in avg numbers rage and Celestial can put out more damage maybe HL not so much on ps but overall they can.
    Again I play sorc and have beaten the top 3 but that doesn't mean that sorc is number 1 but I've also come below those powers not by much which again shows balance between these power sets.

Plus they did a great job on the pets now we have to choose
  4. Dephyre Committed Player

Personally I think everyone is kinda jumping the gun about how WM will affect the powersets. Wait till it is off of test and you have it in your hands, then make a thread about how bad it is, and not how bad it will be.
  5. treehunter904 New Player

sorry buddy but your math is wrong. factor in the stuns that mess up our combos and the pvp mechanics in pve that knock us down that have us on our back for 5 seconds while sorc puts out more damage. all that factored in sorc will be top. pull out ur chart or whatever but as soon as u go in a raid that chart mine as well b toilet paper cuz it means nothing. ps I actually do like sorc its a fun power
  6. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

To me that sounds like this:

They have 4 guns. You have 2. So I'll give you 2 more guns now you both have 4.

But I'm going to allow you guys to upgrade to a Cannon. They can keep their 4 guns and still get the cannon...BUT ummm...you need to trade in your two guns I just gave you for this cannon...

WTF?

How dumb does that sound?

The mechanic/functions you added to get Sorc up to a good level, you're going to take away? But the powers that were already considered OP will get to use this new upgrade and keep their old OP status?

I don't even like making posts like this because I hate sounding like I'm crying about other powers being more powerful. But this isn't even about other powers. I've found ways to keep my Damage at least respectable with Sorc for almost 3 years now...

I really hope this doesn't turn into a big dumpster fire where the Devs end up setting certain powers back again.
    • Like x 5
  7. TrueOlympus New Player

Of course they picked the launch powers to do this BS with. Even though Rage is the one that needs to locked out of WM crits more than any other power.

Since its a DLC power I guess it gets special Treatment

Typical

I hope you guys now understand there is a source/reason for my madness.
    • Like x 4
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

all that def plays a factor to out come so does the instance you are running as some maps or more inducive to group aoes thatn others. some maps have the groups and adds spread out more and some maps groups everyone together in tighter spaces. both of those plays a role in to which power can produce more. on top of other factors. all I was talking about was damage potential for damage out to power in and sorc gets a little but of a short stick in that aspect as again mathematically Rage and Cel can produce more for less power in the same amout of time
  9. Anti Bezz New Player

So because you can't beat them it's not good?? You can't be serious with that comment. When I go against someone to scorecard chase it's a Rage dps. Why? Because they believe that with 4 berserks they can beat any power. How to counter that in the first and last room is a little simple but very hard. Pop a two trinkets. Easy peasy. If you need help with Sorcery to beat Rage dps you can send a tell to my Hero Baby Bezz anytime, and I can help anyone in need.
  10. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was just adding to your argument.

Observing from a distance I don't agree with these changes. So I can only hope that this won't set Sorc DPS back...
    • Like x 1
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I have a rage dps on villain usps that will go against any sorcery in AB or any t5 alert. The only raid that a sorcery can beat rage is in Wave because(atleast me) can't be melee'd. I have a sorcery dps too
  12. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

I can beat the top 3 was a miss spelling, trust me I don't need your advice.
  13. TrueOlympus New Player

It won't. It just won't push you foward either.

You as a sorc DPS have two choices really.

1. Use WM and sacrifice your pets
    2. Don't use WM and play as you have been playing
    • Like x 4
  14. Echephyle New Player

Lol
    Lol this made me laugh but it's 200% what the devs are doing
    • Like x 1
  15. Anti Bezz New Player

Wave can be melee'd and the only place to do real competitions is still only Nexus. Best of both worlds. Multi-bosses and single bosses.
    I wouldn't melee last boss of A/B though.
    Sentry can't be melee'd
    Ravanger can be melee'd
    Oppressor can't be melee'd
    Warrior can be melee'd (Tank has to range tank him. Doing this the balls for what ever reason go to the tank more often than upfront tanking)
    I melee'd as HL awhile back and that was what I found out about Wave.
    • Like x 1
  16. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

This is all just discussion right now...I'm not jumping off of any ledges...

I think I'll wait to play it and test it for myself before I make my mind up on what's what...

But from what I've heard others say, It's either use weapon Mastery or get lost...

Also, if trolls come to expect DPS to use much less power and start kicking players that "play the old way" that won't be good either.

There are some possible positives to this but right now, to me it sure seems like there could be a lot of drawbacks as well.
    • Like x 1
  17. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

^This is more loosely what Tunso's post meant below:

I suppose it means that with Swarm/Fury we should be Equal with other powers using WM and without Fury/Swarm we'd have to rely on WM to keep up. It's like they're preventing us from using both and "becoming OP" but forcing us to use one or the other. If you're not using Fury/Swarm you gotta use WM and vice versa. From the damage I've seen I still think a WM using DPS will perform more effectively than a Pet using Sorc/Nature but only time will tell for.

Sorc, Nature, Gadg, and Rage are easily the Top 4 and I agree that Rage is no longer the #1, consistently anyways. The fact that the "Big Three" are all DLC powers is amusing alone but the restraints being placed on other powers to keep them at bay is silly. It's actually very possible to beat a Rage DPS in Nexus, despite how OP it may look on paper. They get the brunt of their damage from Berserk. Throughout the course of the raid a solid Sorc, Nature, or Gadg can put up enough sustained damage to best them especially with all side bosses.
  18. TrueOlympus New Player

Rage's unique is the combo system and to a certain extent Rage mode.
    What pisses me off is that Rage for some reason isn't locked out of WM yet. And I have no idea what they are going to do with Gadgets considering it doesn't have a unique power mechanic.

• Sorcery can be argued that pet powering is their power mechanic.
    • Nature can be argued that Poison Dot stacking or whatever(no idea what they do) is the unique power mechanic.
    • Gadgets is probably honestly the only power without a unique power mechanic that can keep up with the Top powers.

Gadgets players have reason to fear now
    • Like x 1
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

I'll add for those talking about Celestial, Rage, and HL being able to use their "awesome" mechanics that they do not stack, like spores and pets do. Basically, if you use WM with Celestial, Rage, or HL, you're basically substituting another type of combo. The two don't stack. That said, I can see the frustration with having to choose WM or one of your powerset mechanics. Doesn't really seem fair. According to Tunso's post, the upcoming "awesome" mechanics for the other powersets will likely not stack with WM either.
    • Like x 5
  20. TrueOlympus New Player

I completely disagree. It IS fair. Does it suck for the people who play those powers. Hell yes. But from the standpoint of balance it is completely fair

-Salty Fire DPS