Ever since we can share skill points....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zim, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Zim New Player

I find that the amount of time I play on my ALTs has gone way down. I am not saying this is a good thing or a bad thing, I am just stating what I have noticed for me.

Every now and then I will jump on an ALT to help fill a roll in a raid, but then once the raid is over I am right back on my main.

Just wanted to see who else noticed this, or maybe this has had the opposite effect for you.
    • Like x 2
  2. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

It actually had the opposite effect on me. Before, trying to get an alt through content was tedious because some feats were super had to achieve and I just didnĀ“t have enough time. Now, some feats (like the Collections Agent, Fourth World & Brainiac Invader feats) can be shared and I just have to care about the marks and gear!
    • Like x 10
  3. winter13 New Player

At first it had the opposite effect - I was playing on my alts all the time. Now I find myself only playing on my main to try and get as many feats done as possible since the announcement of weapon mastery. My main still has a few more skill points than some of my alts because they are all different movement modes.
    • Like x 1
  4. guyred1 New Player

NOTHIN LEFT TO DO
    • Like x 2
  5. KidMidnight Loyal Player

the trick is to unlock the feats you know you aren't going to be going after: excess t4 styles, the long grinding pvp feats, some of the r n d feats ( I would rather spend the replays to unlock those crafting feats over wasting exobytes on specialty soders i wont use), styles that are very hard to complete (norseman), the black dawn clown feat, the reaper feat etc.

leave the feats that are attainable and fun to get.

this way you can score your alt a few skill points to help round them out and still have things to do with them.
    • Like x 1
  6. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Mehh... It's opposite for me. I play my ATL's more, I love this feature; now that I don't have to keep playing the same power-set I have way more fun. Not to mention I have end game toons on hero & villain sides.
  7. Fruity Reaper New Player

I play all my chars now equally and am so glad we can finally do this, I tend to have chars with a certain look and feel so depends entirely on what mood I am in as to what I play...at the moment I am levelling a new one, a pew pew as I suspect WM will benefit that role most.
    • Like x 3
  8. winter13 New Player

I'm 20 away from finishing the 250 battle for earth duos. It will be glorious when I'm done. Please don't tell me it goes to 500, because I don't want to know if it does.
  9. winter13 New Player

I'm starting to think the primeval demons feat isn't attainable (I just died a little bit inside)

I run this everyday... And haven't received the mission in nearly a week and I haven't had a demon spawn in weeks.
  10. Paradox Well-Known Player

250 is the end

Keep at it. It is possible. You can also camp in the area and wait until someone else has the mission and a primeval demon spawns.
  11. Zim New Player

It has definitely made alts more viable. When i do jump on an alt I know they won't be lacking sp's. But I am mainly on my main now, looking for the feats I know I won't get on my alts unless I share them. And i think even in future content I will now just focus on my main and if I feel an alt needs a feat I will share it.
    • Like x 1
  12. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I still play my main more but I'll admit, I cut back doing the grindy feats on alts so they do get less attention than before.
    I go for styles and use the feat unlocks on the harder feats. Whatever alts are closer than my main on certain styles, they tend to farm the same instances to finish those styles. Basically it's like a feat see-saw.
  13. Gottcha Well-Known Player

I was excited about this originally, but after spending lots of replays on alts (most were near or over 100 sp already) it felt like a quickie or one night stand, good for the moment but afterwards no one to cuddle with.
    I have characters for any role, but sadly, hardly any motivation to play them other than hanging out with friends.
    The only thing I have to do, is to collect marks/drops of the current top tier gear.

I'm a fanboy, so not giving up my sub, but playing less and less.
    • Like x 1
  14. RSL New Player

the standard line here [from those with the feat] is that the feat is working as intended. that it's perfectly acceptable to spend hours not running content in order to hopefully catch some random bypasser doing the feat and get in enough damage to rob him of credit. yeah. good gaming.
    • Like x 2
  15. EP Ice Loyal Player

I made the mistake of purchasing styles, briefings, investigations and collections on one of my alts. I did not realize that even though you purchase them it will still show up as uncollected and it confuses me because I don't know if I completed the set or not. lol
    • Like x 1
  16. MeteorRizzy New Player

thats why they call it an alt, me personaly dont make alts. i dont want to spend the 1000+ hours i already put into my main and then spend the replay badges getting all the skill points my main has..F#CK that. i like playing on one character and one character only my 103 DPS/TROLL. its ok that people have alts, but i just dont now or get why they do it lol but again, thats just me. if they made it so that u can share gear drops from raids/alerts/duos(no matter the item lvl) between ur own characters (shared bank) then i would make and alt so i wouldnt have to spend money to get replay badges on my main to get healer gear 10 times in a row.
  17. Fruity Reaper New Player

Yes it has opened up using certain chars for certain feats rather than a one char fits all approach, I use different chars and powers for different feats now so its definitely a massive improvement.
  18. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I dont play my alts much at all anymore

Feat grinding used to be a thing, but now that I can purchase every feat, I just buy it on an alt...While it makes alts more viable in content, it makes it so I spend far less time on them...Now that I have nothing to do on my main, it means I have nothing to do on my alts either

I only use them to fill spots in a raid at this point and because I dont need any more SP on them, I either run stuff on my main or log off
    • Like x 1
  19. Zim New Player

lol, one night stand!!!
  20. Feenicks New Player

I won't unlock feats ever and I have 16 toons.