Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RSL, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSL New Player

or are the same names who constantly say the game isn't challenging enough are complaining about how much longer [minutes, omg] raids will take due to update 36?
    • Like x 19
  2. EzioNight New Player

I wish I could quote Frank Fontain from bioshock but I might end up getting band again. So I'll keep it simple yes lol
    • Like x 1
  3. winter13 New Player

4. Mad9 New Player

yeh, pretty much just you. It's not just some elite guys who have a problem with the slow pace of combat but even casual players like myself feel that I don't want to spend hours playing a raid since I don't got no so much of time to play. If I play an hour or two every day or every alternate day and want to play a raid and some other stuff, I don't want my entire play time to go to one instance.
    • Like x 3
  5. Malachyte Devoted Player

RSL,

Great point. Its ironic how many people come to the forums saying the game isn't challenging enough, its boring, etc. but then the DEVs make some changes to the game play making it more challenging and making something new and then the new complaining begins....lol

People its a game... have fun with it, adapt to the new changes...I mean God Forbid you may have to actually learn something new..lol
    • Like x 9
  6. Malachyte Devoted Player

Mad9,

"casual players like myself feel that I don't want to spend hours playing a raid since I don't got no so much of time to play. "

What are you basing this on ?? What in GU36 makes you think that raids will now take that much more time that is does now ?? I can see a few more minutes perhaps but I don't understand how you come to that type of conclusion where any content will now take a huge amount of time to complete.

Please explain, and no I'm not being sarcastic I'm sincerely asking how your coming to this conclusion in perhaps I'm missing something.
    • Like x 8
  7. Malachyte Devoted Player

Hey Tule,

We been in those raids that seem to take forever many times my friend and usually that was because of the following issues

A - The team not working together as it should.
    B- Bad game play, players not knowing what to do and keep wiping (I can't tell you how many 103cr players I see still trying to block through the Warrior's ball shots or the Ravager's charges excepting to be healed through it...lol
    C - Being under geared for the content. Take your FOS2 for example. Get a raid going like back in the day to run FOS2 wearing all T2 gear with no mods...I bet that raid will take a while...lol

Like you, I haven't read any of the game notes for GU36 and I'll just reserve judgment until its released. If there is something I can't do anymore that I used to be able to, I guess I'll just have to learn a new way to do it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Alpha XXX New Player

tbh a better balance opens the door for shorter yet more challenging content. The current extended time spent on bigger challenges arises because bosses and adds have to cater to the massively op'ed powersets wielded by skilled players while attacks have to be measured so as not to exclude the weakest unskilled pugs. It is the massive range of combat effectiveness from worse to best that is the problem, and when players are closer in output/defense they will be able to create more controlled and diverse challenges geared to shorter runs (hopefully later revisiting existing challenges to make them more contained.

It all comes back to the problem of imbalances as emphasised to ridiculous effect by ever escalating armour tiers.
    • Like x 5
  9. RSL New Player

he's basing it on the overload of hyperbole of perhaps adding a second to some attacks being shouted from the rooftops by the practitioners of the very powers most of the players view as top tier or overpowered. somehow the expected result of some powers taking a single second rather than a fraction of a second is that raids with these powersets [which currently take minutes like a speed run] will now take hours. this doesn't remotely take into account that other players with other powers will be able to compensate for the celestial/hardlight/rage dps not doing 70% of the damage in one single blow. why not? because these players don't think of anyone but themselves and how they should be at the top of the charts not for being a good player... but because they spent that power respec token and got themselves a FOTM powerset.

the truth is that if indeed it takes these players longer to get damage done... many powers will be able to do MORE damage in that time than they could before and it all comes out even. but no one cares about that. they just care that their precious FOTM powerset won't be king. it's not looking out for the group. it's not looking out for the longevity of the game. it's just about their numbers. period.
    • Like x 13
  10. Malachyte Devoted Player

RSL,

You make a very good point regarding the over reaction this update is getting and how it seems that people are pissed because their individual numbers will take a hit thus increase the amount of time if takes to complete a raid.

This is way of thinking is very much a fallacy, especially those thinking now HL is going to be useless. No its not going to be useless, nor is Rage or Celestial. These powers are just having a minor adjustment to balance it out. Ok so the Rage, HL, Clest DPS can't burn a boss in seconds on their own, but that also means the Quantum DPS winding up to hit with Tachyon Blast or the Fire DPS with Mas Det, which in the past the target is usually dead, will now hit its mark for its 5-6k so on so forth.

So if you think about it, the raids shouldn't take any longer, just the DPS numbers will even out more across the board. it does appear that the people who are complaining to high heaven are really thinking about their own numbers which is pretty selfish if in fact that is the case.

Great points Sir.

Cheers, Mal
    • Like x 2
  11. KidMidnight Loyal Player

i love it when people pay their own lip service. its just delicious.

my league is so beast, we're so important, dont you know who we are? listen to us now or we quit and what will you do without us?

marcia! marcia! marcia!
    • Like x 1
  12. KidMidnight Loyal Player

its almost a shame i cant adjust my psychic empowerment to pump out midol.
    • Like x 2
  13. IdontDps Committed Player

when they said they want more challenging content i think they meant smart ai not slower combat some of us play dcuo because we loved the fast paced combat
    • Like x 3
  14. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

i will adapt to these changes and continue to support this game .
    • Like x 3
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

wow instead of 3 mins for BG now we will need whole 6 mins ...
    • Like x 2
  16. Breakforce Loyal Player

This is how I look at it. By bringing all the powers potential closer in line with one another, it enables the devs to much more effectively build the game and encounters in the long term. What we had was a broken system, and just because we are used to a broken system, doesn't mean we shouldn't fix it.

If your car starts making a weird noise, but you don't get it looked at because the car still drives fine, there's a chance that will bite you in the butt a lot worse in the future.
    • Like x 2
  17. Redscreen5 New Player

I will never understand those saying the game isn't hard enough. Maybe they should try using green gear in raids to prolong the difficulty
  18. JonnyD New Player

No, it isn't all the same people; a lot of people are complaining about update 36, likewise SOME of those people are part of the ones that complained about lack of challenge... and challenge doesn't mean the same crap but that "now takes longer to do"... it's just longer, the difficulty has not been changed...
    another constructive thread by RLS...
  19. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I don't complain about either of those things, but I don't believe doing so is a contradiction.

Asking for harder content make me weaker.
  20. Mister Majesty Committed Player

Ehh, don't care to much, because shorter runs do not always mean easier runs. There is nothing better nor easier than a smooth semi-quick (not fast or slow!) run because of what a good tank can provide, at ANY tier of content, even though every one is dead set on running all pew pew, all the time. I don't want fast or slow, hard or easy. I want SMOOTH.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.