Why are people saying Sorcery is great?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by mrspeedoman, Mar 30, 2014.

1. mrspeedoman New Player

Lately, I've heard a lot of people saying sorcery is holding up against some of what are considered the top DPS powers. What changed? Is there a loadout or partial loadout that is working great?
  2. undevinez New Player

sourcery is getting a over hall/ buff soon
  3. TrueOlympus New Player

It got the revamp is deserved
    • Like x 7
  4. Senshirou Committed Player

It can and even surpasses the "top dps" powers sometimes. It was a good update indeed.
    • Like x 2
  5. Ghostof91 New Player

3 Words: Because it is:rolleyes:
    • Like x 8
  6. Sore Steadfast Player

My guess? The pets actually use their power bars now. Shard and Transmutation turned into strong bursty DPS powers.
    • Like x 7
  7. Ivy Bird Committed Player

• Like x 5
  8. FelixDuo Committed Player

What everyone else said. It was already decent. It had a few relatively minor issues and they fixed them, while going above and beyond in buffing the pets. Still not perfect though. It continues to irk me that Soul Barrage is a 35% modifier.
    • Like x 1
  9. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

Today was the first day i noticed sorcery doing great damage. I ran with a sorcery DPS in nexus and trigon today. in nexus with four dps it was me and him at 2.2 and 2.3 mil then the other two at slightly over one mill. Then in trigon, he beat me 500k to 400k in a run that only lasted 10:04. I switched powers 3x today. i was nature in nexus, gadgets in trigon and switched to fire for another nexus run. I want to stay Fire so badly but it just doesnt stack up with the elite powers. I really hope we see a sorcery type revamp of fire soon (but i doubt it)
    • Like x 1
  10. Echephyle New Player

It's beast now. Every bit as powerful as pre gu36 hl, celestial and rage
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

It actually got the revamp it deserved unlike fire and ice.
    • Like x 11
  12. TrueOlympus New Player

Fire got shafted and Ice got a hotfix. Literally a bunch of stuff that shoulda have been fixed a long time ago for Ice.
    • Like x 8
  13. Snix Dedicated Player

I've tried Sorcey and I'd have to say it has to be one on the Top 3 powers. I'm a Nature DPS and I'm jealous of Sorcey DPS. >.> That burst tho.
  14. Night hunterr Dedicated Player

Well I got out Dpsed by a sorc in nexus by like 1.5 mil.

I was fire btw.
  15. xXS0EXx Committed Player

Well ive been sorcery for 3 years and i have to say that thanks to that revamp sorcery is a great dps but not the best as u can see on Ivy Bird video we don't get a huge amount of damage as a gift we actually need to work for it to be at the top witch is extremely cool and it is what we expected. :D
    • Like x 2
  16. HermanRuth New Player

It's so nasty. Love the P.I.'s and it just flows. It's a challenge facing a skilled Sorcery player in PvP. Those pets... those stuns... that final ruin...

But, please. Don't nerf it. It's one that they definitely got right.
    • Like x 6
  17. Vinny Tireshine New Player

I had my sorcery as a healer before the revamp when dps sucked... I really gotta start working on my dps set
    • Like x 1
  18. MCAZR New Player

With the exception of Rage, the top half of the powersets are not separated by as much as many think. Because of the revamp, a number of good dps' are trying out Sorcery and putting out good numbers. Hopefully, they'll move onto other powersets. I heard that Mental is actually fine.
  19. GREEN LAVENDER New Player

20. Notangie New Player

Does anyone know what all overwrites for sorcery? ls it just the circle?