A few words for SPytle

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IIIIINASTYIIIII, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Archangel Rafael New Player

ya know man, it's just the "community" here is full of X. And it's not necessarily actual in-game players. In-game it seems like just a bunch of kids running around acting random.

On these forums there's just such a load of wannabe-hardcore ejock, telephone-tough-guy nonsense. Ridiculous video-napoleon complexes and unbridled rudeness toward the devs. "a few words for spytle". pleez. Spytle needs to have a few words for that dude that start with "s t f u" and end with "no-load console jockey"

Clipping for obscene dps is flat stupid. that's all the argument there is. Its stupid. recognize.

beyond the various gameplay stupid-factors, this so-called elitism that started with OC is laughably sad or sadly laughable. To derive feelings of accomplishment and superiority from a video-game is simply pitiable. There's no other description.

these ejock asshats are the only thing that's wrong with this game. let em chew on that for a bit.
    • Like x 5
  2. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

I would LOVE to do medieval reenactment, but I'm old, slow, and adverse to pain...

Good for you man, that's awesome!
  3. Lucaefor New Player

Each to their own. I normally have a bath to relax or ahem, mix myself a cocktail and game for challenge. I still feel this game can satisfy everyone though if it tries hard enough.
  4. Archangel Rafael New Player

yeah well I used to do that before I was old and slow. Dunno if I could keep up anymore. Im much less adverse to pain when I winning than when Im getting my can swatted around the field
  5. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

Nobody will probably believe me because a lot of people throw this around, but I participate in MMA and I can vouch for you that people only really feel pain when they are losing. It only hurts if you lose lol.
  6. Feenicks New Player

I call them L33Ts, but I think I like ejock better.

This right here is a big reason I post here. These ejocks.......with their etrophies....thinking this is their ehouse give me headaches.
    • Like x 3
  7. Archangel Rafael New Player

1337 used to be something besides boastful slang for internet-enabled teens.
    Posting what I actually call them would result in forum ban.:cool:

meanwhile, the in-game space is not dominated by these people(loose definition). Only here on the forums to they seem to think someone cares if they want to reverse-brag on themselves by saying stuff is too easy.

In-game has these people but plenty of others to relegate them to a minor irritant.
    • Like x 1
  8. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

That's why I was a bard back when I did the SCA...
  9. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

efixed that for you!
    • Like x 2
  10. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Man!

The thought of content that would auto-scale to the group...

/drool

But would it be the group's average CR or the lowest CR in the group?
    (Or select difficulty: O = Original faceroll difficulty, L = Lowest CR in group; M = Average group CR; H = Highest CR in group)

I guess they'd increase the NPC hit points and damage to make the difficulty?
    Sounds somewhat workable... All we (players) would see is a slightly slower load time for the instance... IF it worked!
  11. Heartsbane Committed Player

I use replays a lot. I want to get the best gear fairly quickly so that I can always be ready for the next new thing. Once I'm geared up, It's back to feat hunting. 141 is still not enough. I'm greedy.
  12. Lucaefor New Player

Might be correct but the true test is not to lower yourself in the wake of intolerance. Sure, I can be as flamey as they come but underneath what people often feel is just animalistic vitriol or basic insensitivity is a cunning plot to test people and offer them the temptation to defeat themselves... as you may have done with the tone of your post here... or as you may in fact be doing with your post here. I wouldn't be the DC Comics version of the Devil if I didn't offer people the chance to enter Hell willingly of their own free accord.
  13. helvetica New Player

Yeah. Still only getting "I ran it in full 88 gear and it's too easy". lol. The rest is just deflection. Good try bro (no, I'm calling you a "bro"... not saying you're mine lol).

Unless you went in wearing the required CR you can't complain the content is too easy. AND since there's a quantifiable number on the balance and entrance to the content... Yes it's subjective to say it's easy or not, but you can't even throw in an opinion unless you did it at the recommended level. If you did, then you could subjectively claim it's either hard or easy. Until then, you're not eligible to give an opinion at all. Zero credibility. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  14. Lucaefor New Player

Been discussing it for over a month now in various threads. Yes that's the huge problem which is what if low CR folks queued with high CR folks and ended up being beasted by adjusted mobs.

Various ways to work round that include adding stats at level to the lower CRs. Basically just +2000 Defense, +4000 Health, +300 Precision whatever they need just like it is done in Legends.

Or you could have preset CR levels to select via the On-Duty menu.

I personally would like to see features added, like extra mission objectives, puzzles etc for the higher difficulty levels as well. eg playing on a higher difficulty level might place a Speed Force Rupture that spawns tons of skirmishing adds or a scripted marauding Hydra to come rushing in from the flanks when you are fighting the 1st Boss... Point is the content is already there, the game doesn't have to invest much more money than it has already to recycle it.

You could necro my old "Recycling Low Tier Content" thread if you like.
    • Like x 1
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

I think his point was the gear is OP and takes out the challenge. Its nice to have fun, but when you are steamrolling through content with not challenge back from any enemy or npc, its kind of like whats the point. If the content is so easy where you no longer need or even want tanks in alerts, and if the content is so easy where you only need 1 healer for raids, you change the communities expectation of content and of roles.

So is the content too easy? IMO yes and has destroyed the community in the process creating a dps centric MMO.
    • Like x 2
  16. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

The funny thing is this:
    The hardest content ever seen in this game helped create a dps-centric standard... (Nexus and Dox)
    The too-easy content is helping create a dps-centric standard... (just burn it down quick)

Strange how the opposite situations have the same negative result...
    • Like x 3
  17. lukelucky Devoted Player

feenic i respect your opinion and know you from other posts. you are a year one guy i believe so i ask you how should we feel. i pay to play this game and love/loved it. thing is lets go back to the days central city came out. when doing a bounty if we came up to a bounty and there already was a raid group or "to many" people we left to advoid freezing. so knowing the game could not handle such a fight how do you justify making t4 operations? as a consumer who pays how can i not be upset and furious they made such a stupid move?
    t5 came out and they took the only real thing we long time players had and used it to extort us. t5 was as simple as this. HE WHO HAS THE MOST REPLAYS GETS TO BE STRONG ENOUGH TO DO THE RAID FIRST. i dont know about you but after a week of the t4 operations i was sick of the crappy design and had little patience with them. my focus was t5 and hopefully a challange. the new content is the only time we can run into a real challange and being the first to get the new gear is a nice little compatition. lets be honest the guy who got the first soda next plan was in the money. if he just gave away sodas for bits or sold the plan he was in the money. a guy who gets the plan what 5 weeks later is not making nearly the money. the guys in charge of dcuo knew how long we had to wait and how out of content we get. they answered by first extorting that desire to be first. posatively disrespectful to your customers. ALSO CALLED BAD BUISNESS. then they in an attempt to make it hard an extort replay sales cut out so much content. at full t5 you can manhandle well anything now. A&B no challange, nexus lol moving on to dox. i guess this could be somewhat of a challange now for some people. its embarassing that it is but i imagine it is.
    so they put out content they should know without any doubt it cant work. they extort the core desires of long time legendary guys. they also put zero thought into upcoming content. when you look at the stat increase of t5 from t4 what did you think would happen to all lower content? i honestly just wish every single instance had a walk in so i coulod start soloing stuff. i am not the guy who can solo gates but the fact gates can be soloed shows they messed up.
    the DECISION MAKERS KEEP MAKING STUPID DECISIONS AND PUTTING US IN BAD SPOTS. worse bud when they can grow the game and actually do something good for the customers the ylook to extort more money out of you. as a tank a healer and a troller i tell you the solo content is such a headache to do if you cant switch to dps. they know....... well given these guys maybe not, but should know this. who cares about the customer or how the gameplay is though. they just seem to invent ways to suck a dollar out of you. FOR A BRAND AS LARGE AS SONY I WOULD THINK BETTER BUISNESS WOULD BE IMPLORED. anyway yes i am mad and i wouldnt mind seeing a change in leadership. how t ocomment and not be mad well i dont know how to do that. i know you largely disagree but people feel the same as i do and that leads to the venom.. very justafiable
    • Like x 1
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Please don't go down that route, then the thread's gonna get derailed into "this game is doomed once (insert game name) comes out!!!1!1!" territory and I don't think anyone wants to see that. :oops:

Just a little attempt at humor, don't mind me.

What you mentioned is one thing you can do. You could also try switching up your preferred weapon, or only using weapon attacks, or seeing how long you can go before resorting to powers. There's also setting up training runs (for lack of a better term) for some lower level content to give advice and tips for newer/less experienced players. And that's just off the top of my head.

Even though this game was never really set up as a sandbox game, there's still enough to play with that the game ends up becoming what you make of it. Sometimes that may mean under-gearing yourself, sometimes it won't.

It all depends on you.
  19. Lucaefor New Player

I have two side projects at the moment. From time to time I make a fresh new F2P account and set myself a challenge. The first is pretty much finished now and I'll be doing something special with that when I can finally drag myself away from some of the other issues I'm interested in on forums atm. The second project is kinda progressing slowly as it's much the sort of thing Ihave to be in the mood for. When I get time I'll probably posing the details on this at some point as well.

What most people don't realise is that a lot of the time I post about things I see as concerning everyone not just myself. It's actually a massive issue as the game moves forward in what I feel is the wrong direction, to allow DLCs to phase each other out through CR ablation. Go 5 years into the future and look back at all the content that has been destroyed and thrown away by it and return here to this point in time and I'm sure you would say "What a shame, you are right, the game ate itself". I made a thread called Recycling Low Tier Content on all this a couple of months ago. I'm not going to necro it but maybe you should read it just to get a handle on why I'm mainly disagreeing with you.

When you pay for someone to entertain you, it isn't right to be told to entertain yourself. There is an onus on the game imho to provide the entertainment and there's definitely an issue there with continuing to interest endgame and/or veteran players.
  20. NeoSelkie Active Player

This, so much

The new gear that was introduced was over powered and was attached to a relatively easy raid. I was extremely excited when WOTL came out to have another raid to work together with my league to beat yet even with <90 gear it was extremely easy. Combined with the nerfs to nexus and paradox there was nothing challenging left in the game, even without the vestment gear. While paradox was a bit too hard originally now most raids are a joke compared to their former selves. I play games to have a feeling of accomplishment when you are able to overcome obstacles, i now find most content boring with no challenge or fear of dying.