A few words for SPytle

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IIIIINASTYIIIII, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Lucaefor New Player

Log out of the game and log into the ProSiebenSat website. You will see the correct populations for both EU and US servers there. Anyway it's not important if you aren't convinced, SOE/PSS are fully aware of how many people are playing, how many subscribers there are and if there has been any decline in those numbers over the last 12 months.
  2. Lucaefor New Player

If you don't like the tone then that is unfortunate. Denying there is a problem when there is a problem will do more harm to the game than concerned players getting upset about it on forums. From your posts it's obvious you can't see a problem, that doesn't mean a problem doesn't exist though.

And if they actually do give a damn then they won't mind me complaining about issues as they will share my concerns.
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I wasn't doubting the math, by any means. But that's still a lot of gameplay to put in, and it definitely runs the risk of hitting burnout territory, especially if replay badges get brought into the equation. Trying to get alts/other characters to similar levels would add to that as well, but that may just be one of my little idiosyncrasies (I try to keep my characters around the same tier as much as possible).
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've said this in other threads, and I may have said it in this thread (not going to check back to see lol) but it bears repeating: no matter what a dev team does, they can never keep up with the content demands of a player base. DCUO could be SOE's only game, with all the resources funneled into it and a huge dev team working all the time, and they still couldn't keep up. It takes them months to come up with and deliver content.

Players can go through that content in minutes or hours, depending on the content itself and their own abilities.

Maybe I need to make that into a forum signature or something, I dunno. Definitely save me the trouble of having to re-type it in threads that contain complaints about content and the lack thereof. :D

The perceived lack of content has nothing to do with it not scaling with CR. It has far more to do with individual perceptions and the real world limitations of what a dev team can do.
    • Like x 1
  5. RogerBlack Committed Player

You realize I do not believe you, right?

For several reasons....

Before Hank Henshaw was nerfed in the final A&B fight... He was ONE-SHOTTING practically everyone on Day 1.
    Granted, people were beating the raid... but not without wiping a few times.
    The 'consistency' came after burning up replay tokens.

Now you (and other guys like you) stroll into the forums and claim to beat A&B in record time on DAY 1... just smashing your way through the final fight without any Vestment gear at all, while avoiding the One-Shots form the Manhunters, and the one-shots from the lasers, and the One-shots from Hank Henshaw..... without any prior knowledge of the fight mechanics, beforehand.

Sure you did buddy.

You smashed right through that last fight, without wiping, and without knowing how the fight worked. At all.
    Nobody in your group knew anything about the raid, huh?

So umm, quick question..... where are all your forum posts complaining about how easy A&B raid is... that you made on Day 1, when the DLC dropped?? Hmmm??

Ironic how guys like you always wait unitil AFTER you have burned up all your replay tokens... and collected all your Raid Gear.... and have little to do... then come to the forums and complain how easy the content is.

So where are YOUR posts hiding on Day 1 of the DLC?
    I checked.

You are a Celestial.
    You were too busy QQing about Rage being overpowered on Day 1 of the DLC.
    That's where your "I finished this A&B raid too quickly. It's soo easy" posts are hiding.

You were right HERE.. complaining about Rage being overpowered on the forums, but expect me to believe that you were also cruising right thru A&B on each and every run, huh?

Not one single post about how easy A&B was.
    Not one complaint, on Day 1.

Oh and btw, while you were here on the forums on Day 1 of the DLC.... you did NOT learn one single thing about how the A&B raid worked befeore you set foot in there, huh? Yeah ok. Sure.

You wanted my attention. You got it.

Miss me with your lies & nonsense.
    Save it for someone who will actually buy your brand of BS.
    • Like x 2
  6. Lucaefor New Player

Honestly? There isn't enough content and that's the truth. Mainly two things there 1: The game is only 3 years old and 2: Underfunded, so there are real stringent limits on what the devs can do. I have sympathy don't get me wrong but in the end, the stark reality is that there is very little content. Figure in the CR factor of low tier instances becoming zombie style runs and what you are left with is practically nothing at all.
  7. Ogat New Player

So basically you're saying me not posting "Assbat is too ez" threads is your proof ?Rotfl.

Basically a waste of your time, could have as well not write this mountain of BS.
    And You didn't even check right as I was in fact giving feedback on the raid difficulty before the dlcs official release, My post is like on page one of the official feedback thread(https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/dlc9-assault-and-battery-feedback.188734/). I understand you'd like to think everyone shares your shortcommings and struggles, but well some people are fast learners, and it's not like we did not have a lot of training- assbat is a complete joke compared to prenerf PW, and we've been farming that one for months. Lastly I'm a villain, so whatever Hank Henshaw was doing to You at day one is none of my concern. Feel free to stay in denial and write even more nonsense, wan't be here to reply tho.
    • Like x 1
  8. helvetica New Player

I read that too but it's not consistent with recent PSStore DLC sales numbers. So, I dunno what to think. The PSStore DLC sales indicate a steady decline in sales since DLC4 (incl).

Were you in full Traces 88 gear on day 1 of A&B? You should have been because you're "leet" and the rest of us were... So, you've got no excuse for not having that gear on launch day...

And that's your problem. A&B is CR84 tuned. Walking in with full traces (CR103) is easy mode. Your feedback about it being too easy is garbage unless you walked in with a group wearing 85/86 gear. And you didn't.

This is just more irrational QQ from you bro...
    • Like x 1
  9. Ogat New Player

Well great I shall buy 16 more bank slots, so i can keep the previous tier gear in bank so I can enyoy the content :rolleyes:
    Besides, that's not the point lol- this dude just doesn't believe me or anyone it was a faceroll with all the prepwork there was(OC) before assbat was released cuz he saw people sloughtered left and right by Hank Henshaw:rolleyes: And save the "It's tuned for 86 cr" for somebody else please, it's no more difficult to finish this raid with an alt run of fresh 86 toons then it is to do on the mains, the difference beeing the time of completion and level of focus.
  10. helvetica New Player

I stopped after the first few words... Not wasting my time.

Your reply is simple; "yes I went in way over geared and I'm still QQing that it's too easy". Cut the garbage about bank slots and extra gear.

A&B was not a progression in difficulty from Dox. It's in the same tier. It's another T5 raid not a T6 raid.

You've got no credibility anymore bro. None.
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

You are right in that there will never be enough new content in any game. It's a fact of life in MMOs because the players can run that content far FAR faster than the devs could ever hope to make it. It wouldn't matter if DCUO was SOE's only game and they got ALL the money, time and resources that are spent on all of the games in SOE's portfolio. Months of development time gets blown away by minutes or hours of gameplay every time.

That doesn't mean the content you've finished goes away, however. It's still there. What you choose to do with that content is up to you.
    • Like x 1
  12. Archangel Rafael New Player

A lot of people nerds are jaded, cynical, sarcastic, pessimistic in the first place. (add : spoiled, soft, entitled, whiny) So they act that way about this game. The problem is with the nerdy players, not the game.
    • Like x 1
  13. Feenicks New Player

Well, I'm kind of a nerd myself.....but only in the sense of what I love. And I love DC comics, Superman, and this game! :)
    • Like x 3
  14. Ogat New Player

Full traces is 101, oh wait you didn't have it ever right? Gee You sound bitter. I'm not as arrogant as to measure everyone's capability based of my own experiences- You are.
    "Oh it's too ez for ya cuz you're overgeared, run in low gear or without some pieces or w/e"
    "Dawg I've run it with lower gear, without some pieces, without 4 players, with 1 dps and 1 troll w/e You name it, and i still find it easy for MYSELF"
    "Lies, irational, qq, bro"
    Instead of trieing to invalidat a subjective opinion with hollow arguments and silly attacks, give it a break will ya?

One last thing -I'm not your bro, and I think only Barney Stinson sounds cool adressing people that way.
    • Like x 2
  15. Scotty Ohura Well-Known Player

You don't always need a challenge sometimes, I want to just relax and play the game for fun, I play this game not because I want the best gear but because, it is fun to play with friends and relax while playing, which smallville is great for. Sometimes I want a little challenge, so I will tun t5 raids, and those are fun, but sometimes it feels nice to be a superhero and be super over powered. That is the same reason why I kill a thug breaking into a house every time I see one. This game is not a job. It's a game act like it.
    • Like x 8
  16. Archangel Rafael New Player

Oh, Im a big huge monster nerd. I've read 75k comics, played 20+ table-top RPGs, and I used to fight in a medieval reenactment society in full armor with rataan swords. I go to cons of all the nerdy genres, sci-fi, comics, video-gaming... you can maybe even talk me into larping if ther's any hawtchix or homebrew involved.

Im not knocking nerds, just pointing out some of the characteristics of the sub-culture. Anyone who has spent some time in a comic/gaming store knows that a good portion of the nerd population seems to think that being sarcastic, jaded, pessimistic, negative all the time makes them sound smart.

These people are jaded because they are socially awkward, physically inept, and unsuccessful at mating. The negative attitude is a pre-emptive defense mechanism against rejection and disappointment.

DCUO has nothing to do with it. They will have this same attitude about any game no matter what.
    • Like x 3
  17. Feenicks New Player

Quoted for truth.
    • Like x 3
  18. Feenicks New Player

Wow! Harsh!

All true though :)

Still harsh. :D
    • Like x 2
  19. Lucaefor New Player

Sure I could unequip my 90 gear and go in nekkid but then I would have to ask myself what was the point was of spending all that time and energy getting to the top of the gear ladder just to throw it away. Granted any kind of recreation is just a waste of time but it shouldn't be a pointless waste of time. If I gets to the point where people start asking that question it might provoke an exodus of players looking for a fresh challenge.
  20. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

So are you saying that you constantly want a challenge in every single instance?

You are aware that focus is directly related to difficulty right? I can run through t3 and t4 raids essentially with my eyes closed (obviously this is a bit of an exaggeration have to be able to tell where adds are etc. but you get my point). There is a substantial difference between players that are 86 CR and running with a group that has all members with 103 CR. Granted I'm sure some people can beat A&B at 86 CR but at the same time there are people that can't. Don't inherently assume that everyone is not being challenged just because you and the others you run with are skilled enough to do so.