Mic bug on Ps3

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by 478874, Feb 19, 2013.

1. DC_Homeslice Developer

Thanks for the kind offer. I'll reply back here if we do need any help getting some specific info. Likewise, I'll post back here once I have any new information to update everyone with.

Best,
    DC_Homeslice
    • Like x 4
  2. Sixth gear New Player

It's really amazing that this is still a bug. Three years later.
  3. Burnt New Player

I think if it ever gets fixed I'll still do it for a long time after because I've been programmed to do it. Just like the hold L1 L2 buttons for loot :D
  4. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

Any update about this being fixed for GU35?
  5. Statman New Player

Does this occur on PC too? Or doesn't that come with built in chat like on the ps3/4, as they can use outside programs?
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This will be fixed in GU 36.
    • Like x 10
  7. Radium Devoted Player

:eek:

You're joking right?

The longest and most annoying bug in the game is finally done for? How will I cope, how long will it take to break the habit of getting to my settings as fast as possible? But most importantly, how long until this
    baby gets put on test?

Tune in for Mepps reply, same Bat-Mepps time, same Bat-Mepps channel!
    • Like x 3
  8. 478874 Dedicated Player

This would be a landmark event.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Question? Is turning on my mic before logging in for it to function a permanent condition for DCUO PS3? It is an issue for me considering I have a wireless mic that needs to recharge. There are times where it is helpful to have my mic on (such as a T5 raid) but not always in one play session. I leave off my mic to conserve power when I do not believe there is a helpful reason for me to use it. Re-logging back in is inconvenient especially when considering the general nature of Pick up Groups.

If I recall correctly, at least at one moment in time (before GU35) there was an update or patch that stated it was fixed. I am unsure if I am in the minority of having this issue, or again, whether it is a permanent condition or not that affects everyone.
    • Like x 1
  10. Citrik Well-Known Player

Bittersweet is the word that comes to mind. I'm happy that it's getting fixed, but it's been such a constant in my 3+ year DCUO career that I think I'll be a bit sad to see it go. Logging in without toggling my mic settings? Inconceivable!!
  11. CaZaNoVa New Player

Pure.....awesomeness...Finally!! To go along with that, some people may sound extremely low in instance, or their Mic icon disappears from their name, which is a sign they may be affected. I've noticed players having to 'switch chat tabs' and return back to the main chat to normalize the volume level, even after toggling those Mic settings.
  12. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

For me, when it was patched awhile back it was fixed. I routinely have my mic off and turn it on later while I'm in the game. There are no issues happening for me when I do this.

If you're still having the issue where you turn your mic/headset on while in game it doesn't function, then you should open a new thread here in the Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports) forum.
  13. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

There is a separate thread for that issue also. https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...mic-icon-for-raid-members-chat-issues.175323/

The issue this current thread is in reference to is the mic volume and need to adjust the 'sliders' every time you log in.

EDIT: There are also bug reports for some other mic issues.
    Mics are choppy, voice chat cutting in and out, sound laggy - https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/mic-chat-issues-on-ps3-ps4.194360/

Voice Chat tabs missing/disappear and no way to get them back - https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...ice-chat-tab-unable-to-use-voice-chat.196304/

All Voice Chat and Game Audio stops working - https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/all-audio-mic-crashing-on-ps4.195093/
  14. CaZaNoVa New Player

Didn't see that, Thanks, bud!
  15. FESTER665 Devoted Player

So glad to hear this Mepps !!!!

Do we know where they're at with the PS4 turning into a chopper ???
  16. dre-tay New Player

mic bugs is not only the problem if you are a low level like 26 u cant reach the next mission because of the mission in gothem for that cold after you defeat cold cut dude the door locks on you before u can go back this is stupid need to hurry up and fix i see no need to play the game no more because i cant even level up anymore
  17. kabeq Well-Known Player

hahahahahah
  18. DC-9xlives Developer

dre-tay, if there's no thread in Arkham Asylum for that bug be sure and start one.
    • Like x 1
  19. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

20. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

We had no group tab mics working good yesterday good thing we we're doing league runs we just switched tabs to talk. Has this been reported?