A few words for SPytle

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IIIIINASTYIIIII, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Cadens Dedicated Player

Any game with direct competition with DCUO should be compared. F2P or not.
  2. Feenicks New Player

ESO is a fantasy game. DCUO is a Super Hero game set in DC universe. Two different animals.
    • Like x 6
  3. Deranya Dedicated Player

Does this mean I should start complaining that FB games aren't getting a graphics update?
    • Like x 2
  4. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Without pointing fingers, why do people insist on making up subscription numbers out of whole cloth? It does nothing to move the argument forward. Data based on observation, and hyperbole, not measurement are useless benchmarks.
    • Like x 3
  5. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Yes, I was being offensive, maybe more so than I really intended but it's offensive to me that people are so greedy that they feel all content should be open to them even if they don't want to put the effort in to do the harder stuff. Luckily it seems like the devs came to their senses and are going to give a little bit of difficulty again.

But, lets get this strait, casual is not a measure of skill, it's a measure of time investment. THere are plenty of VERY VERY skilled casual players. LIkewise there are many (way more than I expected) hardcore players who simply suck.

The game has one night of raiding a week that's worth doing. Completing a set of gear is if anything too easy to do in the time period we are given.

There's nothing that requires you to play for hours and hours.

OC of course took quite a bit of time to learn, if DCUO has ever released any hardcore content it was that, but even that when we had it down it was under an hour a week... very casual at that point.

So DCUO has never been hardcore, but it did use to have a pretty decent skill scale. You had easy FOS1 with a tactical requirement for a harder FOS3, then a more epic raid of FoS2 that was a step up from there. THen BFE you had an easy gates and a harder PB.

AnB was just garbage from where I'm sitting. And I stand by my analogy as it did just feel like something that was below me. Yeah that comes off as extremely arrogant, but really, they put in content that made me get better, i did, they also gave me time and many avenues in which to increase my gear level, and I did. Then we got a raid that was a huge step back instead of a step forward.

Would I have wanted a step up from OC, personally sure, but realistically no expecting that woudl be dumb. BUT, I think expecting them to have it tuned to at least a full trigon set is fair. Honestly they should have expected even more so that people would use the vendor gear to gear up for the raid. Might have had some people working on gearing up for longer than we are seeing currently.

If you're offended sorry, but I don't lump casual players and easy stuff together, and I still consider the easy stuff kids meals. I mean no offense to anyone, i just call it like I see it. I mean nothing personally, heck I quit after the first time i played the game after like 2 weeks, got 30, but couldn't finish ace chem 4 man so I walked away. When I came back to the game I took the time to actually learn to play well and I fell in love pretty fast. That was t1, and at one time it was too hard for me. But I got better. And I expect that by the end of t5 that players should be pretty good by then
    • Like x 3
  6. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

To me, the parts in red seem pretty self-evident.
    I am not hardcore. I am not leet.
    My main is only T4 at the moment because I don't replay or play that often (especially lately).
    But I agree, there should be a need to learn the basic skills of the game long before T5.
    (For example, by T3, a Controller should know what PoT is and how it works. Maybe not hit every double-tick, but at least know how it works.)
    • Like x 1
  7. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Perfect answer. Really it is. The thing that bugs me is they made the game super casual now and still made it way to easy. Being the last T5 dlc, you can run 5 solos, 3 duos, 5 alerts, 3 raids and a couple of bounties and get marks to obtain gear. Most of them daily. You don't even have to step foot in assbat and you can have end game gear. Yet people cry at the mere mention of added difficulty. No one wants to adapt to the content they want the content to adapt to them. From inner bat cave, fos2, prime, dawn, to dox there has always been one raid that tested your skills. Assbat beatable day one of release with no new gear.

So you'd think with everyone being able to complete end game content people would be happy. But selfishly they weren't so now a whole new system is being implemented (WM) and things are getting changed that have been here for three years(JC) just because some "beast" player can't compete with an actual good player.
  8. DC-Doll New Player

That's the one! :)
    Thanks.
  9. Chicago Bull New Player

Didn't you quit? Well..Welcome back I guess. ;)
  10. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

The forums are like quitting smoking.

I've done both several times and it hasn't stuck!

It's far easier to stay out of the game than off the forums.
    • Like x 4
  11. Chicago Bull New Player

I feel you. I never really have successfully quit other forums that I am fond of.

The only time I "truly" quit something was when I lost the main part of connection to them...my phone. XD
  12. DC-Doll New Player

Silly billy, "L33ts don't alter the content, they alter their group list (via kicks and inviting other so called l33ts)
  13. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Maybe because this game's character creator doesn't let us get as creative as we want...
    So we become creative in other manners?

Just guessing...

(also, there's the hope that false statistics will convince you they're right) ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. DC-Doll New Player

I feel ya, I reset AnB only once or twice (and that was only cuz the group disbanded at the end. Figured if I was gonna re run it for the end loot, may as well get the other loot too, ya know?)

Anyways yeah, maybe 2 resets of it, between 5-10 runs total, and frankly, the novelty ran off. Maybe we were spoiled by Paradox Wave, but I find it very difficult to get excited over running a raid for a ring and a utility belt. Things like the Helm of Omnipotence, Traces in Time gear, Wonder Woman/Circe's tiara from Gates, and Norsemen styles were cool for just that reason. You could show them off. You could wear them even when the stats became worthless. Sure, it's Vestments of Rage now, but you can also buy the style from the vendor, meaning you don't ever have to do AnB. And for the record, yes I'm aware Norsemen is going to be put in a vendor too so it's out of the equation, but still a viable example.
  15. DC-Doll New Player

I actually had a friend on here get their account suspended because somebody messed with their quotes one time, so yeah. I agree Gunnie
  16. DC-Doll New Player

But...but...the casuals...if they have to play for more than 10 minutes their faces will melt off :p
    • Like x 1
  17. DC-Doll New Player

The game yeah, not the forums. DCUO to me is like an ex girlfriend that's on the wrong path. Just because she hurt me....alot....Doesn't mean I want her to die.
    • Like x 3
  18. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

You do realize that DCUO has some of the greatest heroes of all time from comics, cartoons, movies and t.v you can go anywhere on this planet and people know the heroes of the DC universe . That being said this game should be doing a 100 times better then it is you could say that ESO has a better handle on the "brand" there giving people what they want just look at the adds for both games on YouTube.

ESO is epic you get to see a battle you get a sense of what the roles are there's an understanding that there are bigger forces at play and you have a role in it you can leave your mark on the world .

Now on the official DCUO YouTube channel they have a series of videos talking some foolishness about wasting money on talking cat's and hi-tech toilets no joke look it up they give you no idea about the game to tell the truth if it wasn't on the official YouTube channel I'd think it was a joke . They have some of the most iconic characters in history and thats what they come up with it shows a all around lacking of understanding the product and that's most of the main problem with the game.
    • Like x 2
  19. Chicago Bull New Player

You need to realize, DCUO cannot mainly just do anything with every brand of character. They need approval from DC itself first. As well for ESO being a huge brand for gaming and having experience with many successful titles, it leads an easier run with its MMO than others.
    • Like x 2
  20. Deranya Dedicated Player

While I still think that it isn't right to compare every game under the moon with another, I will let it drop, I for one have no joy in endless forum banters because people share different opinions ^^
    As for this:
    I have to agree. The first one was fitting and funny and then? No thanks. I must say that especially the most recent is probably going to scare people away than make them want to play a game that they will believe to have exploding toilets.
    They must have gotten something in their coffee one morning.