A few words for SPytle

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IIIIINASTYIIIII, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Bast10n Committed Player

You know. I'v never rally though about it until now.

The Devs stated that using the pillars in Paradox to block/trap the bosses is a "strategy" and not an exploit...

How is that different than what some people were doing in Nexus using the rafters?

I think we can all agree on Clown box but using the environment isn't as black and white..
  2. AlTheButcher New Player

I'd gladly pay $40 for a full fledged expansion, a new Metro/Gotham sized city, increased lvl cap with new story missions, new powers, solos, duos, alerts, and raids. I'd also gladly wait a year to 18 months for somethings as substantial as an expansion. As for your current plan of 4 dlc's per year, which didn't happen in 2011, 2012, or 2013, I'll have to go with my experiences so far and choose not to believe it until I see it, sorry.
    • Like x 5
  3. RogerBlack Committed Player

You're only proving my point.

I believe that DLC was on the Test Server since Mid April 2013, for about 3 weeks before Origin Crises ever officially dropped on May 8.

This video is dated on May 28.

Oddy is a great league.. but this is not Day 1 footage.

In fact, I believe they were on one of the very first few episodes of FNL - trying to run Nexus, if i remember correctly.
    Despite a valiant effort... I don't think they even finished it on the show. (But I could be wrong.)

Edit: I found the video.
  4. Ogat New Player

When Talking about day one I'm talking about assbat- I've said in one of my first posts that nex and PW took long till people figgured them out. The the completion times started to drop rapidly, as evidenced by the vid. Currently we have no raids that take more then 20 mins in clean runs, those that take longer are learned and then aditionally nerfed into triviality.
  5. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Youre talking about your new plan right? Because the reason we get so upset over content is because we HAVEN'T gotten this since year 1.

The last few DLCs have given us an incredibly small amount of content to run (speaking in terms of pure time it takes to play) and its the reason you see so much uproar on the forums about it...Last year we got Nexus and Paradox Wave as our only raids, the year before we got Gates and Prime

If we were getting 6 raids a year (real raids, not 15-25 minute things like AnB), combined with a good amount of other content to pass the time while waiting to run those raids (alerts and solos specifically), then you wouldnt see this much uproar over DLCs lacking in content...It also doesnt help that for the past 2 years, we havent hit the 4 DLCs mark so we're waiting 4 months between DLCs and not having enough content to hold us over till the next one

I was overgeared and was done with most/all of the content in SoT and WoTL part 1 within a week of release...That cant happen in the future
    • Like x 2
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That is the new/current plan.
    • Like x 6
  7. SuperBell Loyal Player

And people ran that overgeared.

"for comparison raids in most mmo's arent doable in 15-20 min ."

This is the quote that started this conversation, and people have been arguing that this isn't true upon release. Of course when you get better gear the raids become shorter. If these raids were an hour plus for people at CR103, imagine how long they would take when they first came out? Nobody would want to run them.
    • Like x 3
  8. Little Sister New Player

Sorry to get off topic, but idk how to contact you. I think the DCUO Twitter was hacked.
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

If the new plan is indeed 6 raids a year, and AF is already confirmed that it will not contain a new raid that only means that

A) HoP will have potentially 3 raids
    B) WoL pt2 will have potentially 3 raids
    C) HoP will have 2 raids and WoL pt2 will have 2 raids leaving us 5 for the year thus unfullfilling the promised raids but most likely satisfying the alerts
    D) None of the above and people will be either excited because there are more raids than listed, or extremely disappointed.
    E) Sorry they just played the trailer for The Division I wasnt paying attention.
  10. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

We did AnB in 20 minutes over a month ago...That was easy

My frustration with the raids comes from the overnerfs...Nexus went from 40-45 minutes to 20-25 max within the same tier...Thats overkill.

FOS 2 still takes longer then the new raids and thats 2 tiers old...Thats the goal in terms of length and difficulty I want

If exploration isnt a major draw to the game, then your time has to go into something, and when Raids take 20 minutes and you primarily raid, then you have nothing to do when you finish them...Give me raids that take at least 40-50 minutes as well as some other little stuff to do in the meantime (alerts, pvp, some solo stuff) and ill be happy
  11. TrueOlympus New Player

85 gear is full t5... you do know that right? Anything greater or equal to 85 gear is overgearing the content for every raid save Paradox pre-nerf.
  12. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

So 6 raids is the current target? Awesome.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

I'd pay that 40dollar rate for a relatively bug free new third location other than gotham/metro. A full sized open world map without the solo quests unless the quests gave us exp for a new level tier. Doing solo quests and not getting xp is pointless. If the expansion had like 5-6 raids, 4-6 alerts, 3 duos, that open world map, and level 40 (if you all opened that box) with a power or so, It'd be worth that much. Greenmans post was on the money. Two raids a year as we're accustomed to is awful,and nowhere near enough to be satisfying. Your post that I quoted is pure speculation as to what you guys may be giving us in the distant future....so that post is invalid until we actually see if that is what we are delivered.
  14. Davon (Crisis Core) Well-Known Player

Hmm, this is 50/50 honestly. Don't get me wrong, what you say has some validity, however Gates, Prime, FoS3 were not on the test server, and those were beaten by people the first day when it hit live, and yes speed feats were obtained. So to say people would NEVER beat the newest raids in 20mins or less is definitely not 100 percent true.

One could argue Gates lol, you know, cough cyclops bug cough, but once that was fixed, Gates was being downed in 20mins or less the first day. And those people who said, "To hell with Gates" because of the cyclops bug, went and beat Prime instead, all on day one of it going live. If I recall correctly, FoS1 was not on test server and when that went live, it was so easy for people to beat, they actually had to increase the difficulty and change boss mechanics. I'm not even going to go into detail about FoS3.... but yeah, not on test server and we all know how that went as well.

All in all, just saying that your statement claiming players would NEVER beat the raids in a timely manner without test server and youtube isn't entirely true as these examples have show.
    • Like x 1
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The new plan for DLCs begins after DLC 10.
    • Like x 3
  16. winter13 New Player

Mepps just dropped a bomb in here. Do tell...we won't tell anybody else about it. What's the plan good sir??
  17. RogerBlack Committed Player

I don't know of ANY PS folks who were beating Gates and Prime..... in just T3 gear alone... on Day 1.
    Really? Without help from a league? And without glitching? In pure 'pug' runs?

And I've run with plenty of really strong players.

Alot of them glitched the door in FOS 3. So they could keep re-entering the fight.
    Then glitched the last door in Gates, to fight the Avatar of Magic.
    Before running over to glitch Prime - by pulling people thru the window at the vendor bot.

Remember that?

I'd be curious to know how many of these same folks also beat these raids 'straight up'... in record time... on Day 1.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 3
  19. Davon (Crisis Core) Well-Known Player

Not sure when all those glitches were found out, and honestly it amazes me whenever they come up because I'm like, "Who looks for this stuff?" However your statement said that NOBODY and NEVER without test server and youtube, I was merely pointing out that some people are capable without exploits, glitches, and on day one. I didn't say all or everyone, because clearly, as per forums, majority of the community (forum community that is, because everyone that plays the game doesn't post on forums) say that the raids or ops are too hard and ask for a nerf, so I'll agree with you there.

Its always iffy talking about PSN and PC simply because not everyone uses forums or upload to youtube, there are very capable players on all servers that quietly play the game without a single post and have no problem conquering the challenges. Again, was just pointing out that all raids in the game weren't out on test server, and have been beaten the first day. Even using FoS1 as a great example, not on test server, replay badges weren't out yet, so that was done in T2 gear, no chance of over-gearing or being OP as some have said.
  20. winter13 New Player

Not sure how I missed this...thanks Mepps