A few words for SPytle

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IIIIINASTYIIIII, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

Not sure that replays is the cause for lack of content. People were really replaying A&B, not the alerts. Sure people will replay the AF alerts when they come out. But they wont replay them as much as they did for BIA and FAM because it set up for being able to do the raid.

My guess is that AF will have the lowest DLC launch replay value right next to trigon.
    If anything replay badge sales and usage measure the amount of replayable content of each DLC, thus increasing or decreasing the DLCs value.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

How often would you like an expansion to come out, though (is that really even more content)? And how much are you willing to pay for it?

For comparison, most MMOs seem to charge about $40 for an expansion (not free with membership) and release them at largely varied rates, while our current plan is 4 DLCs per year (free to members), with a minimum of:
    • 6 Raids
    • 4 Alerts
    • Some open world
    • Solos and Duos (varied mix)
    • Like x 33
  3. Tikkun Loyal Player

Seeing "6 Raids" just made me dance a little inside.
    • Like x 7
  4. Deranya Dedicated Player

but wait theres more! ... it says a minimum of 6 raids ;)
    • Like x 2
  5. Tunderer New Player

for comparison raids in most mmo's arent doable in 15-20 min .
    • Like x 1
  6. Fruity Reaper New Player

Yup hands up here I did a Carlton dance after reading that...
    • Like x 2
  7. TrueOlympus New Player

most of the raids in this game aren't either
    • Like x 4
  8. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Not the one in your sig? o_O. heresy! ^.^
    • Like x 3
  9. Tikkun Loyal Player

Which is why DCUO caters to a different demographic. I'd venture to guess most Legendary members are between 20-40 with either a full-time job, kids, college, or a mix of the three. It's a fast-paced game for a fast-paced lifestyle.

Also, many other MMOs only have expansions once every year at best, but on average it's probably closer to 2-3 years.
    • Like x 5
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Sorry, math is hard. 6 raids.
    • Like x 12
  11. Tikkun Loyal Player

Aww Mepps, you just broke my heart...but you can fix that by making the hard raids EXTRA crazy so it feels like there are 8 raids. You know, like Paradox.
    • Like x 1
  12. Owl Devoted Player

Maybe you counted the Hero and Villain versions of Operations separately.
  13. Fruity Reaper New Player

lol no my boss is here and if I started swinging my hips around I suspect a law suit would soon follow ;)

P.S. will save that one for home
    • Like x 2
  14. Fruity Reaper New Player

I now retract my Carlton dance, good day sir.
    • Like x 3
  15. Tikkun Loyal Player

Well, my boss is out today.

Twerking commences in 5......4......3......2......
    • Like x 1
  16. Deranya Dedicated Player

1 .... everyone ruuuun!
    • Like x 2
  17. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

*nods* wise choice.
    • Like x 2
  18. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

Last time I started swingin my hips around the office. I got a raise.
    • Like x 3
  19. Feenicks New Player

Last time I did I almost broke it!
    • Like x 2
  20. RogerBlack Committed Player

The raids are NOT doable in just 15-20 minutes.
    Not when they are released.

Be honest.

What REALLY happens is...

1 - Every DLC is on Test Server for several WEEKS before it ever gets released.
    2 - The PC players (who have access to Test Server) figure out EXACTLY HOW to beat the raids.
    3 - But it usually does not take them just 15-20 minutes AFTER a raid gets posted to Test Server. (It takes a few days, at least)
    4 - During the Test period, the PC players will create / post videos of how to beat the raids on YouTube.
    5 - By the time the DLC actually reaches the Playstation crowd, lots of them already know the raid strategies from watching those YouTube videos.

So any raid that only takes 15 minutes on DAY 1.... is because the gamers have already watched the 'How To' videos in advance.

Without using those video shortcuts... they would NEVER beat the newest raids in 20 minutes or less.
    Absolutely not.
    • Like x 9