Another Tank Retiring

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Mar 6, 2014.

1. ApocolypticShinobi New Player

I feel you man and i hope the devs do put a tooltip in so im not blamed when kyle goes ham for a few seconds. I put this up there with the tank has less dom than the troll he cant keep aggro.....
  2. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Glad I'm not the only one.... LOL
  3. Korvyne Committed Player

I've only had this issue a few times, never in aab, and every time when I've explained it's scripted moves and nothing I can do they've kept quiet.
    I'll assume you were pugging which I myself do sometimes. Just keep in mind in every pug group you'll almost inevitably have inexperienced, fast tracked players that know very little of the game never mind the mechanics.

Don't give in to the ignorant, if you know you're doing it correctly and doing your best that's all you can do.
    Didn't +1 your OP because you shouldn't give up.
    • Like x 1
  4. MCAZR New Player

When I don't want to play with someone because of their attitude, I open a vote to kick them and leave if the vote fails.
  5. Delyxe New Player

I'm there with you, man.
    I had the same issue when Nexus first came out. I was getting blamed for not holding agro on Ninja Batman (Right RUSSIAN GIRLS?)
  6. Raptor T. Committed Player

Hank does jump on someone when he spawns. Lol one day when I was doing AnB for the FIRST time, when Hank showed up, he kept one shotting SirMuttonChops lol. So I figured you could try this out. Since you're an Ice tank, you could stand at where Sinestro is standing and cast Bitter Winds when Hank is about to pop. That way the DOT can taunt him.
    • Like x 1
  7. Fruity Reaper New Player

Thanks for the info, will help :)
  8. Proto1118 Committed Player

9. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

You might be right, you might be wrong, no one can say for sure. However, I've given up hope on the community. One look at trade, and you know what I mean.
  10. Spytle Executive Creative Director

No you don't. That's not how our aggro works.
    • Like x 13
  11. Laff Riot New Player

Sadly its what you get when you pug. I seen it myself. Tank lost agro while fighting Hal and I (controller) got blamed because some moron DPS thought I wasnt stunning the blue lanterns but all 4 were in the air. I yelled at him and he said calm down. Really? If you dont know how things work then dont blame people for your lack of knowledge and skill.
  12. Spytle Executive Creative Director

You know I love you, but I hate it when you guys do this crap! I need to add some unresistable knockback to Hank. He cannot be contained!!! ;)
    • Like x 17
  13. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. kav Committed Player

This is the first time I actually hear that an ice tank uses frost snipe at the last boss at AnB. I have always used inescapable storm on them and never failed so far. If you're running with good trolls then this works like a walk in the park and you gotta give it one to seconds until they got them "put to sleep", then you can spam your inescapable and keep the aggro and taunt easily.

Here some tips for the last boss fight in AnB:
    - Always taunt them where they are and face the group, pulling them in the middle will cause wipes in PuG runs (I guarantee it)
    - Keep your rotations in tact and remember that you use bitter winds and shatter restraints only to get up, for nothing else
    - Do not spam your shield, use it wisely (if you're not totally undergeared and let's face it, you're an ice tank)
    - Use inescapable storm to taunt. When you do it right, then the trollers have four to five seconds to pull them down and then you can keep using the pull just fine
    - In case you'd pull them all to you, use your shield and let the trollers do the CC.

Don't retire because some lousy pugs don't know their and other's role(s). Keep the love up for the tanking.
  15. Liongale Dedicated Player

Two-fold solution. Add the knockback to preserve difficulty, and then add text that goes "Hank cannot be contained!" that pops up as a raid warning on screen when he does so, to show players that the tank is going to lose control of Hank for a bit.
    • Like x 16
  16. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Spytle, using tactics like this is part of the fun of the game. It takes a very resourceful tank to figure this out, and from what it sounds like, a very skilled tank to pull it off. Skill, ingenuity and resourcefulness are part of the fun factor and challenge of tanking. It builds a sense of accomplishment.

The players have just as much fun creating tactics like this as you have fun creating new challenges for us to face. Please don't punish us for having fun in your game. You and your DEV teams have created a very fun game, and we like it a lot the way it is. Removing fun things like this would only discourage some players from playing the tank support role. Just let it ride, and watch the money pour in. Don't be angry, be rich.
    • Like x 1
  17. Spytle Executive Creative Director

I play with these guys and know them on a personal level. They know exactly the moment I am referring to when I ran with them in Nexus. Relax. It's a friendly comment. I think Ex or BBG would back me up on that.

Positional tanking is not evil. I do, however, wish our AI didn't get pinned as much. It limits our options on phases. Take Bane in the Lighthouse for example.
    • Like x 6
  18. Spytle Executive Creative Director

There are some benefits to using single target taunts in the WotL boss fights. Two tanks can be very useful in many of the fights, btw.
    • Like x 6
  19. Spytle Executive Creative Director

hehe. What we really need is tech to make NPC to player collision go one and off. So when NPCs need to go do something at a location, they can move through a crowd that is pinning them. Our content could have some more interesting options if we could implement mechanics/phases and ensure bosses could get to the spots.
    • Like x 7
  20. lone belmont Level 30

what if we add a mechanic to tanking for when boss go out to attack other. there single target can halt a boss at the possition for 2-3 second giving the player that would be attack a chance to escape. the move use to halt boss can not be spamable. 10 cool down so tank would have to stagetegicly use the monve intuitively. making tank more valuable and hot just a meatshield.