Another Tank Retiring

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Mar 6, 2014.

1. FESTER665 Devoted Player

While this is true, sometimes someone else grabs his attention while he is out on his scripted move he can go to them and if he starts a combo or move he will finish it. Usually dropping whoever the person is and then you'll hear them complain about aggro when it was their own fault. I'll usually hit Hank with a move right before he leaves on his scripted move and he'll usually come right back afterward, but we ease up on him while he's out there as well to make sure he does so....

People say it's not needed, but it seems to make everything go smoother when we do it that way so that's how we do it.

There's been times in AnB where I'll have Sinestro up front keeping him there while they work on the tubes, where someone will be pew pew'ing him to work on their supercharge, he'll just go over, smack them dead once, then come running right back to me. It just happens... If things like that didn't happen and they just stayed right next to me the entire time things would be soooooo boring.
    • Like x 4
  2. Fruity Reaper New Player

Aaah thanks for this, am new to tanking as playing my first one now (after 2+ years lol) and still getting to grips with the intricacies.
    • Like x 1
  3. FESTER665 Devoted Player

As long as you're playing with your league you'll be fine. It's when you start to PuG with people who have no clue that things get stupid. LOL

Get ready to hear stupid things like "man, aggro seems off.... Hey tank, whats your dom?" when you PuG.

Then things can get fun as well when running with the league, like they think it's funny to hit me with barrels in the last room of A&B when I'm up front with Sinestro, so I'll run out and bring Sinestro right into the middle of the group to see who's paying attention.... I try to come up with ways to wipe the league on occasion. LOL
    • Like x 5
  4. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

exact type of reason i stick to just running with my league these days through scheduled raid runs. it's sad to see this kind of news really. from one tank to another, dont give up because a few dummies think they know what they're talking about when it comes to playing your role.
  5. Fruity Reaper New Player

Yeah I did pug early doors (T1/T2) but mainly all with the league, did PW and AnB the other day but kept losing the scripted bosses, now I know what to look for and when to cast will see if that helps...so far its fun, certainly different from the heal and troll I normally play.

And nice one for the tips on making sure they are awake lol, will point any complaints to your inbox ;)
  6. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

So, you're going too quit Tanking because a bad pug group....hmmm

Should have laughed at them and left!

IA ARMY
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I find scripted attacks to be an insult to a tank to be honest.
  8. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

^This. You want to know why Vet's don't interact with the community ? You want to know why we don't Pug ? It's buffoonery like this. I could try to teach noobs. I could offer to help them understand the principles of scripted attacks. However, after almost 4 years of playing this game, the stupidity of the average player has reach a new high. I stopped Pugging and I'm proud. I will only pug content that I could solo, or the pugs contribution is so unnecessary that I couldn't tell that they are there. I hate to say it, my enjoyment of the game increased ten-fold when I decided on a league. Understand, I don't NEED a league to get me through content. I don't NEED a league to advance my toon. Nevertheless, there is a substantial amount of people that I simply do not want to play with. In fact, there are many skilled players that are on ignore because there attitude is disgusting. It's hard, and can be challenging. But if you don't have one already, find a good league. It enhances your gaming experience.
    • Like x 1
  9. FESTER665 Devoted Player

They're called scripted attacks for a reason. I find them hillarious to the people who don't pay attention and get one-shotted because their damage out was too important to block or move. LOL
    • Like x 5
  10. Fourth New Player

Sucks when people don't understand that some bosses just don't care about rules, they make their own rules, they're a loose cannon. They think they're some hotshot. Wish everyone had to play as a tank so people would understand that we don't lose aggro, they just hop off for that one second and then come back.
  11. EXINGTON Well-Known Player

You can block hank in, I mean he may get away from you once or twice, but that should be it, once or twice....

Right when Hank spawns throw a quick block break, and a pull, clip with a aggro sustain ( ie: bitter winds, 2-3 tap jackhammer, severe punishment, enflame ), Hank is scripted to lunge the person all the way in the back of the room so make sure to tell the controller who is CCing back manhunters to stand off to the side for pick up.

This is a mistake I see A LOT of tanks make, when hank gets away from you, and your kinda in the middle of the room, do NOT pull from that position !!! Go inbetween the console area, right where sinistro is standing in front of, as in all the way to window area of the room then throw your pull on him, he will LUNGE you 100 %, at that point jump over hanks head and block him in, you should be able to prevent most charges to your groups.

Hank Lunging the group is all on you, cause you can stop it, I have tanked AnB without hank lunging any of my teammates.

You should not concern yourself with Sinistro as if the controllers are doing their jobs and CCing the manhunters Sinistro does very minimal damage, ALL tanks are perfectly capable of keeping Hank contained within the console area if your are paying attention to his combat and timing your blocks for his lunge, if you block a hank lunge, you can PREVENT a scripted attack on the group. Just remember that when Hank Spawns he Spawns Blocking, THAT is your window to tank hank perfectly.
    • Like x 3
  12. Archangel Rafael New Player

2-2-2-2 is the best way
  13. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

No matter what happens in that op, Hank is going to get away from the tank. People who don't understand that don't deserve to play this game. I feel for you, brother. Some people just are complete tools.
    • Like x 1
  14. jr1nc Dedicated Player

now that there are less and less tanks im going to make one myself ! RAGE tank! and show the world how bad i play!
    • Like x 1
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

This reduces credence from your previous statements. I've seen hank spawn a number of times where he went straight after the group and did not block.

Blocking Hank in is also easier if all 4 MHs are taken to the door. If they're at the front of the room with me, it makes it a bit more difficult since I have to worry about juggling them if they get loose, which sometimes involves moving a bit to keep from being taken down by one.
    • Like x 1
  16. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Lol I love messing around with my league (and pugs)like this. My favorite is nexus.
    I'll run in the first room and soon as I do it I see a slew of powers being shot. Little did they know I did nothing but hold block. Just keeps em on their toes lol
    • Like x 1
  17. EXINGTON Well-Known Player

You have to tag him really fast as soon as he spawns you should put urself right in the middle area of where Sinistro initially stands when Sinistro health hits 80% and if you do this, he should spawn blocking, if your are off to the side or not in position when Hank spawns he will lunge a teammate.
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Maybe if the vets/elites pugged more often pugging would get better?k
  19. TheDark Devoted Player

Anything a tank does can get aggro. Anything anyone does can gain aggro. Aggro is any action taken by a player to put them in a state of combat with a NPC.

A taunt is something only a tank can do (few pets and sidekicks do this too. I think there is also a consumable). It last 12 seconds. A taunt is greater than aggro and raises the tanks position on the hate table. Taunts are mostly created through yellow damage. The taunt from a tank is stronger than the taunt from a pet or sidekick.
    • Like x 2
  20. Lemarcel55 New Player

join a league