DCUO Pro Tips

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RSL, Mar 2, 2014.

1. RSL New Player

If you've died in a boss fight in a room with a heal barrel, it's better to wait until you need it instead of popping it when you have full health and full power.

Add yours!
  2. Little Sister New Player

In 2v2 Legends, try to focus fire on the avatar that doesn't have a shield (if there is one).
    • Like x 1
  3. Aydarkzero Active Player

don't stand in aoe attacks all day
    • Like x 2
  4. Ogat New Player

Don't que for pvp arenas in lvl 24 pve gear.
    • Like x 1
  5. magic mouth New Player

listen to other people in the group you dont always know everything
    • Like x 2
  6. thelostczarnian New Player

i like to go with
    [IMG]precision
  7. Minnion Devoted Player

Learn where the Health Barrels are in any given room if any. Even if the room has been cleared already they can still be useful.

Health barrels generate supercharge when you stand in their area of effect.

Non healers can still assist with healing by popping a health barrel near a wounded ally.

If you're hurt and someone pops a health barrel it might be beneficial to make your way to the area of effect before it runs out.(Provided that you can kill whatever Adds you will undoubtedly lead to the area before any health benefit runs out.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLoneLantern New Player

Avoid getting knocked out.
    • Like x 1
  9. ZerouCool New Player

1-If you hold square while typing into chat you can cycle through all the chats available by pressing up and down (while holding square). Makes it a lot easier especially if you "passed" a chat you wanted to shout in
    2-There is an AUTO run for SS/Acro and flying , even before you get the movement speed increase. If you're running and click in L3 you'll auto run on the ground with SS/Acro or while flying. For Acro, if you're Auto Running on the ground, jump and hold X (don't press it twice) you'll 'fly' straight instead of shooting up. Great for some 'dungeouns'
    3-While locked on (Holding L1) if you press left or right on the D-Pad you'll cycle through targets. Great for Tanks and Controllers. But it is extremely beneficial for every class.
    4-If you're in a group and you go to your map and press R3, you'll send a 'ping' to the group. The group sees an arrow on the mini map as were you 'pinged' at.
    5-Health Barrels are better used by Controllers/Healers. The reason I say is b/c when using a Health Barrel it's healing/power out is based on your stats. I've tested this and it's true. My DPS doesn't give much health/power, my Healer gives a lot of health, ok power, but my Controller gives over 100 power, but less health. I don't remember exact numbers or I would have posted them.
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

Even if you dont like them, solo missions is a good way to build your character and understand your power better. You learn a little better about yourself when others are distracting you.
    • Like x 2
  11. Twilight Man New Player

Major Force in the Bludhaven Alert can't be hurt when his red shield is up, it will in fact damage you each time you hit him.
    Stop attacking him until the shield drops.
    • Like x 2
  12. Terrible Theo Well-Known Player

If you can't beat content, blame everyone else in the group then go QQ on the forums.
    • Like x 4
  13. Lacedog Loyal Player

Don't play one powerset like it was another. You will fail. Learn the ins and outs of the power you are before you complain.
    • Like x 1
  14. Deranya Dedicated Player

Let the tank run into the rooms with mobs first.
    Healer don't play hero.
  15. DivineSire Dedicated Player

You can't find beasts........they find you!!
  16. Hraesvelg Always Right

On the flip side, don't listen to stupid advice. In PUGs, many people that are first to pipe up with what everyone else is doing wrong is typically an idiot and will get you all killed many times.
  17. [Insert Name Here] New Player

Don't attack Kryptonian Medics when their shield is up. Unless you're like T5 and are intentionally trying to tick off your group.
    • Like x 1
  18. AkikoTsunami Committed Player

Zoom out. That close angle camera can get you killed.
    • Like x 1
  19. Twilight Man New Player

When running the Central City mission where you have to chase down citizens affected by the speed force, group up with other people. Each person someone in your group saves counts toward your own total number.

This method can be applied to most missions where the goal is to do a certain number of something for completion.
    • Like x 1