Unicorn Trinket Reflection

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Volkenraider, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Now I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate by a certian group of people, but here is just a fair reflection on the matter.

I get the whole running gag of the unicorn trinket but if they were to actually implement it, that would be a bit of a slap in the face on the people that play, just for a simple reason.

Time being spent in developing and implementing the trinket is time that could otherwise be allocated in using the resources efficient to improve gameplay. Feel free to disagree but that is my opinion
    • Like x 18
  2. SKAVANGER408 New Player

[IMG]
    Let us have our trinket!
    • Like x 23
  3. TheLoneLantern New Player

I disagree. You could essentially argue that about anything.

Nerfing Paradox and Nexus was a waste of resources when they could have used that time and effort into giving casuals a 5 minute solo instance that drops the best gear (which is what they all really wanted anyhow).
    • Like x 13
  4. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

If they add something this stupid to the game I might be done all the other issues and they waste time for this .
    • Like x 6
  5. Breakforce Loyal Player

You must be a riot at parties
    • Like x 12
  6. Caseyyeah Committed Player

Yeah I would have to agree. I'm all for having fun and it is a game after all but I would have rather them allocate those resources elsewhere. And, who knows, maybe one of the devs worked on it from home during his off time. But, I hope the league and the small group of folks that were asking for it have fun using it.
    • Like x 3
  7. Circe New Player

You're right. Instead of wasting their time making a Unicorn Trinket, they should use their resources to make Unicorn Powers instead!

[IMG]
    • Like x 20
  8. Volkenraider Loyal Player

I'm actually being serious
    • Like x 3
  9. TheLoneLantern New Player

k
    • Like x 7
  10. General Zod 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 20
  11. Volkenraider Loyal Player

thats gameplay that affected a lot of people, not something irrelevant to the game.
    • Like x 6
  12. TheLoneLantern New Player

Pterosaur, Zombie Guises, Gorilla Trinket, Toy Blimp, etc etc. Your point?
    • Like x 12
  13. Breakforce Loyal Player

Maybe you could try to not be serious.

You might actually have some fun that way
    • Like x 20
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

To paraphrase the great philosopher Sgt. Hulka, lighten up.

No one says you have to like it. Thing is, no one says you have to get it, or use it either.
    • Like x 2
  15. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Dude it's a trinket:rolleyes: I doubt it takes that much resource to develop.
    • Like x 5
  16. Volkenraider Loyal Player

I dunno how long ago they were made but def for at least 2 years (at least since ive been playing). Why would you want more of that stuff anyways?
    • Like x 2
  17. SKAVANGER408 New Player

It's fun to play around with when your just sitting in WT waiting for a duel.

Have you ever had a gorilla duel? It's epic!
    • Like x 4
  18. Volkenraider Loyal Player

That isn't the point of the thread. Point is why allocate resources on something useless where it could be spent on gameplay.
    • Like x 1
  19. Breakforce Loyal Player

• Like x 9
  20. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Kal, I get your point and where you're coming from. However, every once in a while, we in the community just want to have a little fun. Imagine a trinket that just makes you rainbow-y (hehe rain Bowie ... and couldn't find a gif of Bowie being rained on :() there would be sparkle parties in the watchtower every 5 minutes. Its just a little something to distract us for a bit ... like giving a five year old a shiny sticker.

EDIT: and honestly, I doubt that they have a whole team dedicated to trinkets. More than likely its one guy named Dave ... or Dan. He probably doesn't have any trinkets he's working on now; so maybe this is a way to keep him employed a bit longer ... jobs is hard to find
    • Like x 12