Please Fix Targeting

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by MetaMax75, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

In light of Mepps recent post on bug fix prioritization I wanted to throw this one into the arena. Targeting in this game is garbo. I can be locked on a target and my lock will change targets on it's own. I always seem to target the thing that is the least threatening. I will be standing facing an enemy, activate my power and my character will turn a 180 and attack something behind me. Please for the love of all that is holy, fix targeting.
    • Like x 133
  2. YodaDog New Player

+1. Should be a top priority, IMO..
    • Like x 6
  3. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Like my 1st post. That votes the thread up.
  4. YodaDog New Player

Aye aye, Dad. Now get your hand off my shoulder and stop looking at me like that. Blimey.
    • Like x 4
  5. 478874 Dedicated Player

I use to think this was way overhyped but recently I've been locked on a target and had my toon do a total 180 and attack something far off in the distance behind me.
  6. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Yep, that happens to me all the time.
  7. Aiden Warren New Player

8. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

9. FESTER665 Devoted Player

+1 from me....

I thought it was crazy when Captain Liberty (or was it DeadMeat?) came into the original thread saying "this is the first we've heard about targeting being an issue" in a thread that was created before he was brought on board and had a ton of thumbs up's... LOL
    • Like x 4
  10. recespieces31 New Player

The targeting isn't bad, y'all just don't have any strategery...you need to take out those supremely dangerous barrles first before they wipe you all over the floor, then you can focus on the enemies...duh, L2P n00bs :rolleyes: /faceitousness

+1 like
    • Like x 7
  11. Lyndi Well-Known Player

here is another example of messed up targeting. gotham university warehouse (catwoman solo instance) lion lord section first and second rooms you will be fighting lions and panthers the floors and walls are grating so you can see through them and suddenly you kill one of the many adds attacking you and your autotarget will target an add through the floor or wall, through the grating instead of the one in your face beating on you. this happens other places in the game as well autotargeting adds or barrels that are out of sight or through walls but this one is the best most consistent example of this imo there needs to be like other simulation type games and immediate threat targeting system meaning either targeting the add (and i mean add not barrel or other non combat capable item) that is closest to you or the add that is attacking you and doing damage to you. some may ask why not the closest one all the time? because the closest one may be incapacitated by a stun or encasement and is not an "immediate" threat

just my 2 cents worth
    • Like x 5
  12. Mini Lini Loyal Player

This has been brought up a ton. I would love to see it fixed, especially since I use an Xbox controller to play this. So got a vote up here.
    • Like x 1
  13. Namor New Player

I have got to +1 this. This issue goes back to beta. I have learned to play thru it but I am constantly cursing this. I also see how this really hurts new players. This and (does knockback resistance even work?). Last but not least, when my character is knocked down, have him automatically get back up and not require me to press a button. I mean really?? Is there a feat or something I am not aware of called "sleeping on the job" or something?
  14. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Click the thumbs up in my first post to + 1. Thanks!
  15. Trinidad James Loyal Player

My favorite is being attacked by 10 mobs while your randomly auto-locked on a heal barrel on the other side of the wall or underground not being able to re-target any of the npcs because you just got auto-locked on another barrel that behind you.

+1
  16. 478874 Dedicated Player

I've been thinking that the targeting issue has something to do with the camera issue or movement issue where the game gets confused what direction you are going and the character or the player sometimes snaps around at 180 as well. Happens most with superspeed characters.
  17. ICYHURR New Player

Its worse now in PVP. If you lose your target for one second, You'll be cycling through 10 adds just to find that one guy.
    • Like x 2
  18. Lady Stardust New Player

Agreed, this has been a big issue since day one and yet they've done nothing about it.
  19. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

+1 to this topic.
    Making the penguin challenge and then throwing an orbital strike on a venom barrel instead of Bane is annyoing and a waste of that attack.
  20. Daolon Zar Well-Known Player

^ THIS.

And yes, I thumbed up your post. Immediately, in fact. One of the worst bugs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.