Mic bug on Ps3

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by 478874, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Statman New Player

Got deafened by this, this morning. Not the first time either!

What a pain in the behind.
  2. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Same here.... I hate having to yell at league mates about their mics, and I always miss stuff because the first minute or two I'm logged in is spent adjusting setting before I even turn my headset on..

Do we need to bump this daily, tweet Larry Liberty, or what's going on with this ??? Anytime it's mentioned to a green name they never seem to respond to it.......
    • Like x 2
  3. Vexedbit Well-Known Player

This has been going on since launch, and I've never seen an explanation as of why. Only 1 green response in this thread from Mepps was "We are investigating".....and that was back in July.

Also just to be clear, not sure if mentioned previously in this thread, but this is not exclusive to the PS3. Same issue on PS4.
    • Like x 2
  4. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

so tired of this glitch already. On ps4 some of my league-mates are having all around volume issues between ps4 and ps3 users ps3 either comes across too loud or too low and a relog causes a temporary fix.
  5. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I'm fairly sure that is being caused by a separate bug where the person is in your chat channel but they are not showing as being in your chat channel for you. It causes the mic to either sound insanely loud to you or super quiet to you. If you go out and back into the chat channel a few times it fixes this.

Also I find this bug even more annoying that the sliders bug reported here.
    • Like x 2
  6. Kirney Slane New Player

No, I didn't mean that but your bug is also very interesting. DC never seizes to amaze me :D
  7. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

The bug I was talking about does exactly what you are saying. They do the sliders and in league chat they sound fine, then you invite them to a group and in Group chat they sound like they are super loud or sometime super quiet. They will have no mic icon next to their name and if you check the people in the current chat channel they won't be there. I just figured that was what you were referencing when you were saying you were experiencing this.
    • Like x 2
  8. Kirney Slane New Player

Okay that does sound exactly like it but i could see my friend's mic flashing. Guess there are many bugs out there...
    • Like x 1
  9. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Well I tweeted them the question and got an answer during the FNL webcast.....

Skip to the 13 minute mark for the details, of the 12 minute 30 second mark to hear Jens talk about his feud with my older brother. LOL
    • Like x 1
  10. 478874 Dedicated Player

Yeah it sounds like nothing is in the works to fix this bug. So in fact, the voice chat system was outsourced, and I have to imagine since it wasn't caught in a timely manner (only god knows how it wasn't), I am sure their vender has told Jens and Co to hit bricks. I can only assume that DCUO already paid the voice chat vender in full, so they have no real recourse to withhold funds or anything that would incentivize the vender to come fix the problem.

I am just shocked that there is no maintenance contract in place though, that mandates the vendor fix this asap. Functioning communication systems are tantamount to MMO functionality.

I hope this gets sorted out one way or another, but from the sounds of it, almost a year later no tangible progress has been made.
  11. DC_Homeslice Developer

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop in to let everyone know that we are currently looking into the microphone issue. No hard info on a fix just yet, but I will send an update in this thread when I have some more information.

Best,
    DC_Homeslice
    • Like x 6
  12. Jamie New Player

So who had year 3 in the "When will SOE start looking into the mic pool"?

DC_Homeslice - did your position not exist before you started? It seems like you are the first person at SOE to be taking sound issues seriously. Hopefully you can start resolving these issues.
  13. Bellger New Player

Yes it is about time this gets fixed!!! And since the launch of this game there has been another glitch that you have to have your Bluetooth mic on before you launch the game or else it won't work.... Fix this as well please!
    • Like x 1
  14. Little Sister New Player

I think it's clear that they have new audio guys, so I'd look forward to many sound fixes ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

16. DC_Homeslice Developer

Just to clarify, the issue we are currently looking into is the one where players are receiving extremely loud feedback sounds into their headset/speakers because of initial mic levels and the issue with having to adjust the mic setting every time you log in because of this.

Best,
    DC_Homeslice
    • Like x 6
  17. Killthee New Player

About bloody time. I can't believe it took 3 years for someone to finally start investigating this bug. Thanks DC_Homeslice!
    • Like x 1
  18. Jamie New Player

Do they actually have new audio guys or do they finally have some audio guys? ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Who cares as long as I get to change our league MOTD from "Please toggle your mic upon EVERY login" I'll be a happy camper. :D
  20. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Do you have all the information you need, or is there anything we need to do to try to help pinpoint any issues ???

I guess the "upside" is that it happens on every login (even when you switch toons or freeze and reboot) so it's easy to duplicate.....