Weapon Mastery

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Horrorshow, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horrorshow New Player

Weapon Mastery uses the weapon the player chooses in the beginning of the game and grants the player unique abilities. This idea basically uses the player’s weapon choice as a means of unlocking new abilities for the player to put on their hot bar. These abilities use skillpoints and can only be used with the initial weapon the player picked. There are so many players who have been asking for abilities that use their weapon like the Legends character use. Here are some examples to elaborate a little on the idea.

There is a player who chooses martial arts as their weapon. When the player opens up the power tab there will be an option to select Weapon Mastery. Under this option will be an array of abilities for the player to choose for their character, all that are unique to the weapon he or she picked in the beginning of the game.

Martial Arts:
    Ground Slam: The player activates this ability and performs a ground pound on the floor to knock nearby enemies back.
    Crushing Lunge: The player lunges at the target with a powerful punch to knock them down.
    Spinning Backhand: The player attacks the enemy with a spinning backhand attack.
    EMP Canister: The player throws a EMP canister on the floor to stun nearby enemies.

Brawling:
    Ground Slam: The player activates this ability and performs a ground pound on the floor to knock nearby enemies back.
    Battle Roar: The player lets out a ferocious roar to push enemies back.
    Crushing Lunge: The player lunges at the target with a powerful punch to knock them down.
    Knockout Kick: The player kicks the enemy and knocks them down.
    Shockwave Stomp: The player stomps the ground to knock nearby enemies back.

Hand Blaster:
    Fateful Blast: The player shoots powerful energy at their feet to knock enemies down.
    Cleansing Blast: The player shoots out a powerful energy from their hand to stun an enemy.

One Handed:
    Get Back: The player slams their weapon on the ground to knock nearby enemies back.

Two Handed:
    Hammer Spin: The player performs a doom spin to knock enemies back.
    Hammer Drop: The player bashes their weapon on the ground to knock nearby enemies down.
    Big Swing: The player goes for a big swing at their enemy to knock them down.
    Hammerang: The player throws their weapon like a boomerang to knock the enemy down.

Staff:
    Staff Flurry: The player flips their staff back and forth to push nearby enemies.
    Flipline: The player uses their staff to stun an enemy.

Rifle:
    Bullet Storm: The player shoots rapidly from their rifle to do burst damage.

Shield:
    Shield Slam: The player throws their shield on the ground to knock nearby enemies back.
    Shield Finisher: The player slams their shield at the enemy to do more damage to enemies at 35% health or less.

These are just some generic ideas to bounce off of. Of course new abilities would be added to certain weapons.
  2. NCR RANGER New Player

Martial needs the spin kick combo that the league of assassins and The Top have. Also the flipping kick from nature's werewolf mode.
  3. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

And now I´m gonna be a **** and a mod is going to delete my post for being non-constructive or whatever, but
    PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BOX TO SEE IF YOUR "IDEA" WAS ALREADY THERE. Seriously, this must be the 47th "weapon mastery"post. How hard is it to post in an already existing thread instead of opening a new one to put "new" ideas that others beat you to?
  4. KeyuBaN New Player

the more threads that there are about it, the more the devs might be able to see what the community actually wants.

If multiple people are asking for the same thing, especially new people that come on, then it'll probably be a more considerable task.

At least that's what I think the whole idea behind it is.

However, if I have a question, I will simply "dcuo" google it, and if it isn't there I make a new post about it.

other then that Jurgens is pretty much right. Please search to see if there is a thread subjected on the matter and if not then proceed as followed.
  5. DG-MOD-02 New Player

Prior to starting a new thread, please search for your topic. Too many threads on your topic might ensure that your feedback is missed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.