Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Mrirrelevent21 New Player

Is this a pretty decent loadout for dps? I usually close to mid dps.

Weapon of destiny, karmic backlash, circle of destruction, final ruin, transmution, shards of life.

I tried SW but wasn't a fan. But if it's more practical i'll put it back in?
  2. thenewkidd New Player

the problem with Karmic Backlash is Karmic Hex does the same thing for no power use at all and it clips.

For close combat though (T4 and less).. it's pretty solid actually.. but I would rather use Soul Siphon simply because it's more versatile and my Karmic Hexes will do my "Backlash" as needed.

Even if you only get Karmic Hex I... that's better in terms of speed of clipping than Backlash.. but that's my thoughts.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mrirrelevent21 New Player

4. thenewkidd New Player

Depends on the content really.. That's a swap power for me..

Lots of adds small confines of a small room (many times Nexus or something like that) I will put in soul wells... Last boss Nexus.. not so much.
  5. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I've removed Shard of Life from my builds. I did some damage tests between it and Transmutation. It would appear that Transmutation hits harder in a multi-target situation because the DoT from SoL splits too badly. Though, I could throw it back in and remove Weapon of Destiny but that has uses to me. I'll do a run with WoD/Trans and one with Trans/SoL.
  6. 478874 Dedicated Player

Are you sure that IoR doesn't cost power to jump cancel now? Unless I am mistaken, it seems to cost power on initial cast, so if you jump cancel, it will still cost a bit of power. I will test to confirm tonight.
  7. 478874 Dedicated Player

Did anyone notice that Soul Well sometimes does not grant RSA on a defeated enemy? I was in the T5 Tunnel duo yesterday and after defeating some of the greater and lesser demons, did not receive my RSA from Soul Well. I am going to report this if it happens again, but wanted to get some confirmation here that it's happened to others as well.
  8. Anti Bezz New Player

SW in Nex last boss is a must.
  9. Anti Bezz New Player

Splits on 5+ adds.
  10. Anti Bezz New Player

RSA isn't always granted for having SW up or even the Pets that grant it also after a death of an enemy. Most of the times it will register, but a few times you get nothing.
  11. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I can't confirm at the moment but I believe you may be right since it gives off heals initially now instead of just the huge tick at the end.
  12. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Yea I noticed that while raiding and testing but what I replaced it with increased DPS. I may put it back in and drop WoD after some tests tonight.
  13. 478874 Dedicated Player

Good to know, thanks.
  14. Cody04 New Player

What did you replace Shard with?

And:

So, what should fliers use then since they cannot use Phase Dodge and IoR costs power to use effectively?
  15. thenewkidd New Player

I find (Personally).. I get more damage if I swap out SW for SoL... and use Transmutation more often...

Just my preference though... I'm not against SW by any means though... Nexus Room just doesn't work for me as well as SoL
  16. Cody04 New Player

Anyone know what happened to Whizz?
  17. 478874 Dedicated Player

Just wanted to confirm IoR costs power immediately, even if jump cancelled at cast.
  18. 478874 Dedicated Player

Probably just busy.

Anyway, maybe others can fill in too, but as to your clipping question, alternate between a consumable like Karmic Hex and Weapon of Destiny. If that doesn't suit your fancy for whatever reason, then i'd probably throw in rejuvenate, even though it's not technically an offensive power. It will grant you Golden Soul Aura which does have some meek PIs WoD, and it's cool down is super fast so you can pump it.

As to what to replace shard with, it just depends on the fight. Is single target or multiple target, are the targets closely bunched or do they move around a lot. Will you get to pump your powers because you have a strong troll or do you have to rely on dots while you accomplish an objective. Do you need to stay at range or can you use a melee weapon. Those sorts of considerations will dictate your load-out in that regard.
    • Like x 1
  19. mgkaenzo Committed Player

Well I did some test and my rotation and really it seems op, It's a full single target loadout but I still top scoreboard with celestial and rage very good dps that I know and they are better geared than me and I'm still have my bleu mod in prec for celest. Also it was in op3/new raid, and it's not based on single target at all so I do "low damage" for that kind of rotation. the rotation with riffle is :
    SoL-WoD-tap range-vengeance-tap rang-final ruin or CoD clipped w/ karmic hex or SW clipped with karmic hex-tap range-vengeance-tap range-final ruin-tap range
    I didn't test in paradox 4sb run but I'm sure it will be so op.
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What loadout do people currently like best for healing last boss of Assault and Battery, and last boss of Paradox?