Error in DC Client Crash - PC everytime

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Mickwo, Dec 22, 2013.

1. El Presidente Well-Known Player

This is pretty annoying. Hope it is fixed soon.
  2. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

The error report is located here:
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\temp\sce\wws_crashreport
    If you delete the content of that folder the reporter won't pop up until you actually crash again (at which point it generates a new report). It's not a fix, but it's a temporary workaround especially if you're only seeing it when you launch the game. Mepps said the recap server (which it connects to) would be fixed at some point but I don't think it's very high up the priority list atm.
    Reference: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...e-january-16-2014.187473/page-13#post-2252856
    • Like x 1
  3. JOneFEAR New Player

lol, this happens when the game can't validate, or connect to the server, it happens to me quite often. Just close the game and launch it again ;)
  4. JOneFEAR New Player

btw, when this happens make sure you don't close it, just click on "k" then "done", so it thinks that the problem is fixed, if you close it right away, it will show up every time.
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

omg since the last update today i am getting this error aswell and i as legendary cant even test rage :(
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yes, that works once every couple weeks, but most of the time, it just says that it could not connect to the server when you click "done" and the game launches after. Why do they only have the crash report server available once in a while and make us deal with the message every single time we login until the server is up?
  7. JOneFEAR New Player

lol, welcome to DCUO :)
  8. Joybird Committed Player

I have the exact same bug. I'd assumed it was because my files were out of date because I was working off of the disks.

However, I got a whole new computer, downloaded all of the files, and I have exactly the same bug.
    Computer 1): Windows 8, Used disks
    Computer 2): Windows 8.1, Downloaded all files

Same bug. Weirdly, when I upgraded to 8.1 on my new computer, the bug went away for a couple of weeks, but now it's back.
  9. TylerWicked New Player

Sooooooo glad im not the only one with this problem hopefully they'll fix it soon :L
  10. TylerWicked New Player

i have the same problem but i can't even play the game it black screens after the dc and sony intro :'(
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I stopped having this problem as of the latest update. Not sure why it's different for me. What Windows and antivirus/firewall software are those of you using who are still seeing this?

Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 - Windows Defender & Windows Firewall for me.
  12. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Similar error problem its weird. Why is it happening dcuo? fix would be appreciated.
  13. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

This is an old thread about a point when the crash reporter would not connect to the service it reports to (which has since been fixed) causing it to run every time the game started. If you are seeing the crash reporter now it means your game has crashed - and it should be popping up then. I'd suggest you post in the tech support forum with more details about exactly when your game crashes if you want some help with this.