Build and Play Your Characters Like Never Before with Armories!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 16, 2014.

1. kawe Loyal Player

2. ADG New Player

LOL. I am such a dork. I need sleep. My aura showed up on my Armory. I don't care what the nay-saying is all about. I love the armories. And the market place prices were very well thought out. To every person that worked on these, thank you very much ! You have made a great game even more enjoyable!

:D
    • Like x 3
  3. Twilight Man New Player

I hold the current title for Style Addict

...even got a trophy in 2011 that said "Seriously bro, try picking just one outfit already"
    • Like x 1
  4. tukuan Devoted Player

I put together some quick caps of the various styles. The only one missing is the Sewer theme. I tried to take them all roughly from the same spot and perspective but as I was in a rush they vary a bit. However you should be able to see that some appear to have a smaller footprint than others, specifically the Industrial and Cave.

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG] [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  5. Twilight Man New Player

...and the winner is^

(fixed lol)
    • Like x 2
  6. tukuan Devoted Player

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  7. Miggly Committed Player

Can someone post a picture of what the Armory will look like in a bunker hideout? Or all the hideouts if possible?
  8. Max Sharps Level 30

So can anyone answer me, if I consume a 4 pack of armouries it'll only be one armoury at a time or will I consume all 4? I want to have 2-3 armouries for one character and the other for another. I haven't decided how I'm splitting them up, I'm just nervous that if I collect the base item it'll collect all 4 at once. Mepps anyone?

BTW I'm not gonna complain about this feature, I too wanted this for a long time now. If it's not answered soon I might just go ahead and consume it, but won't be happy if all 4 end up in my base items at once.
  9. Circe New Player

Here's a problem I have with armories:

There are already too many other things to buy in the Marketplace! Potential future Legends characters, Replay Badges (for resetting content or unlocking feats in the future), and keeping up a Legendary sub. There are so many things in the Marketplace to buy, and they continue putting out more and more stuff. I can see a new player becoming overwhelmed with all the things in the Marketplace there are to buy. People don't have the money to buy armories, buy Replays for feat unlocks, and every other new thing to come to the game.

If you want me to spend my money on these, you better make them redeemable on all toons. If you don't, well that's no money from me for these. In their current state, I am definitely not buying them. And many agree with me.
    • Like x 6
  10. tukuan Devoted Player

Lol, you have to give me a minute to get them all up. Personally I like both the Ancient and Bunker.

I reckon Industrial is closet to what people who want a minimal look and feel would like.

I know it would be a development hassle, but it would be a nice touch down the road to pick the style separate from the theme. You'd still have to own the theme natch.
    • Like x 4
  11. tukuan Devoted Player

When you buy a pack of 4, you'll get 4 tokens you don't have to consume them all immediately and can use the shared bank to pass them on to other toons on the same account.
    • Like x 1
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This gif is all kinds of awesome.
    • Like x 1
  13. Rumour Committed Player

• Like x 3
  14. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

^ was going to suggest the same thing. It would be similar to how we have a choice of backups in the mainframe. I imagine it's more complex since it's a consumed, non-disposable item.
  15. Wreckshot Well-Known Player

Yeah, I probably should have pointed that out. Apologies, man! :oops:
  16. Twilight Man New Player

17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

No one is being penalized. You are still getting ALL of the perks that you are supposed to get for your Legendary Subscription (no one has lost a single one). This is a marketplace item (for convenience, not game progression). They never told us that the Armories (or anything like it in the future) would be included or added to Legendary Subscription Perks, therefore no one was slighted or mislead. In order to keep this game going they need to make profit.
    • Like x 2
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It is probably worth pointing out that Legendary members can choose to spend their monthly SC/LP on Armories. Doing so will get you 5 Armories every 6 months with minimal saving - more if you wait for the bundles.
    • Like x 4
  19. RageQQ New Player

Fair enough. Id wait for a walmart or some games store promotion like buy 1000 for 1500 kinda deal.
    • Like x 1
  20. Lemon Lass New Player

Does your first free armory only imprint what you are currently wearing? When you switch to it does it override everything? I would think a person should need at least 2 armories then,one for a pvp build and one for pve, but I kind of also want one for raids and one for just a night on the town.
    • Like x 1