Build and Play Your Characters Like Never Before with Armories!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 16, 2014.

1. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

If you have just one armory, do the armories have a 'reversion' function to let you return to what you had on before activating the armory set? If not, can there be a feature like that in the future?
    • Like x 2
  2. Rumour Committed Player

Could we have an option, where we can use different lair armoury visual appearance in our lairs? Instead of being locked to that lair appearance for that specific base. Like how we have an option for our backups.
  3. Xainexus Well-Known Player

Most players? Not really much incentive for MOST legendary subscribers who ALREADY pay subs and extras for replays EVERY month. 2000MC for a pack of four? Seriously?
    • Like x 4
  4. Feenicks New Player

Armories are AWESOME! I now have 3. PVE main build.....PVP alternate build.....and one for fun like theme raids and such. Change on the fly! A little puzzled on the grief some are giving this.
    • Like x 5
  5. Twilight Man New Player

There are a ton of implications for having a a single armory.

Example:
    • Before today when you wanted to have a different loadout/style set up/item list/skill spec you had to take the time to set each and every one of those options to your preference.
    • After today without paying any money, you now have 1 saved spec for all those options combined. There for easy switching no matter your current manually customized set up.

Not much to complain about there. Getting two for free is not going to happen and does not need to happen. Nor does it need to be a legendary perk.
    • Like x 5
  6. ADG New Player

It's a matter of perspective. Consider how useless the armory was before we got it. I respec between dps and Controller often. The one free armory now takes a bit of load off. It has become a plus for me just by default. Considering I didn't have one until today and then ended up getting it for free takes away at least 1 respec bill and lessons my respec time by half, I am more enticed to grab another armory. Just having one is half a load off. Having two is a full cup. Three or four and my cup runneth over.

Just remember, it saves you from enduring 1 full respec, for free. Is that so bad?
    • Like x 6
  7. Musashi Starblade New Player

Thanks for the reply, lol i knew my idea was too good to be true.
    • Like x 1
  8. kawe Loyal Player

I love armories, don't get me wrong. I'm happy they got implemented.
    But form my point of view saving specs/loadouts/style etc should have been in the game when it came out. And the community asked for it for ages. So now that we finally got it I have VERY mixed feelings that we have to buy so many to actually get some use out of it.
    Why should I pay for a function that should have been in the game by default?
    I know the devs should be payed for their work, righfully so. Not gonna argue that. But in this case it just feels like something is off.
    As legendary member I gonna use my LP. But to get all armories I need for my mains it will take months.

On a different note: thank god they don't have to be placed in amenity spots! xD I like having a display kinda thing showing my styles. (once I have more than one)
    Only downside is the size for me. They are kinda chunky and take a lot of space. If I remember correctly Mepps or spytle said there might be a chance we get different lair layouts in the future. It would be amazeballs if you could make some kind of section made fit to hold armories.

And a little question: I imprinted my style, but for some reason my copy is bald and didn't save my skin settings.
    • Like x 6
  9. SuperBell Loyal Player

So, when do they go on sale?
    • Like x 3
  10. Xainexus Well-Known Player

Agreed, but the pricing for extra armories is ridiculous, especially as most players have at least two or three active characters and probably several more.

600MC for one armory? Takes two months of subs, which means you lose other valuable and often used resources.

Its just a dirty money move by DC.

Legendary subscribers who pay monthly for the privilege AND pay extra for replays deserve to be treated better than this.
    • Like x 5
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

my problem is I dont Mepps, i had plans on buying some armories so i could make a dps pve/pvp set. but seeing as the armory wont work as advertised unless you have two kinda killed my excitement for this. As there are good ideas being shown but i feel as if they never see the good ideas to the end.
    • Like x 2
  12. Max Sharps Level 30

Ok I need this answered before I proceed. If I bought a 4 pack of armories how can I split them up between my characters? If I right click on it, does that mean ALL 4 of them will be consumed at once or can I consume one at a time? I won't do it until I find out. I thought I would get 4 individual armories which is why I bought the 4 pack, but I don't want to consume the item and end up with 5 armories for one character, even though I just wanted 3 more and one for another character. Someone let me know!
  13. Twilight Man New Player

Money.

Though much like the rest of us you already knew that. Yes it does suck from a motivations stand point to pay for such a thing at this point of the game but like someone else said...it's not our game, it's DC's and they can do what they want.

I hope you get your hair back btw. lol
    • Like x 1
  14. TheChromeKnight Well-Known Player

Been waiting for multiple specs for a long time.
    (Since launch, really)
    Bravo, Devs. Bravo.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. cassi Well-Known Player

So I am to chicken to experiment, but I take it you can only imprint once per armory, rendering it useless unless you buy another? I kind of feel slighted as a monthly paying led.member. Maybe the monthly members should have gotten 2 to make it worth it. I can understand paying for more than 2 after that. As a sub payer, trust me when I say you guys get at least at the minimum $60.00+ from me a month. Mepps could you just maybe pass that idea along. I know its about making money, but maybe not penalize those of use that are suppose to get extra perks for paying. For now it will just be for show refuse to buy the second 1.
    • Like x 4
  16. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Bug: When you put your Utility Belts in your bank but have your trinkets on you and you switch Builds your trinkets from your previous Build will dump them into your bank instead of switching in-place in your inventory.
    • Like x 2
  17. Captain Wonder Active Player

Other than the money. Why can't you make. Armories so you can switch between two sizes of toons. Like captain mmarvel go from kid form to big adult form you have a chance here for adding some depth to your rooms please think about it
    • Like x 3
  18. Jamie New Player

But currently armories are only usable if you have access to the Last Laugh DLC. I assume that this is a bug but it is a big bug.
  19. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

Buying extra armories is a game changer for those players willing to pay for it. ;)
    • Like x 2
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

because this was something i was so excited for i planned to toss money at them to buy a few since i am also a base decoration *****, i like coming up with styles which im sure i have over 600 styles, and i do both PvE and PvP, this was a WIDE OPEN chance to get even my highly skeptical butt to HAND OVER money to SOE WILLINGLY
    • Like x 2