Update on Armories

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

If you think those are the only costs involved in running a business, you're sadly mistaken.
    • Like x 2
  2. JoeyRoco New Player

Maybe I missed something... the armor is aren't a consumable so why would I need 16... 4 at best... PVE Role, PVE DPS, PVP Role and PVP DPS. Why would anyone need 16?

If your not a fan of the price DONT BUY IT... it's not mandatory we have gone almost two years before it even came out so why do you feel as if it's something that you must have now.
  3. Gwalir Loyal Player

Then why not ask for everything in the Marketplace to be reduced?

After all, aren't they all digital goods?
  4. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Well...I think Apple products are overpriced and useless, but I'm not going to make any claims about other people's thought process (or lack of). Because I'm not them and if I find we disagree I'm not going to assume that they don't think for themselves.

And no, we disagree about the prices. I think the Devs made the right decision. Now, am I a sheep? Lol no. We just disagree, and that's fine.
  5. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Your logic is sound but unless we have real numbers to work with, and how this product relates to the other offerings on the profit line we can't say anything with certainty. In fact depending on the numbers plugged into the model, we could show this item as a money loser.

One other thing, just my opinion here, but SOE is more than entitled to charge every dime that the traffic will bear. If they make 1000% profit on the item that's their business. Ours is to determine whether or not we are willing to pay the price asked. I often put vintage comics up for bid on EBay. Sometimes people bid over guide value for the books. Should I refund them the difference or profit by demand?
    • Like x 2
  6. Cloud_9 New Player

I work in electronics sales. 95% of the time, when someone buys an Apple product it's because they don't want to ponder the choices of a PC. They don't want to think or do research, and they just want something that did all the work for them. 4% is wanting one because everyone else has once, and the remaining 1% are old school programmers looking for a Unix-based OS.

And if you're willing to think that ignoring the demanded price of 64 pages of outraged users is a good idea, then good for you. I'm sure that will one day land you owning and running a successful business.
  7. Flair Well-Known Player

Everyone pointing out that we don't have to buy the armories if we don't want to is not only adding nothing to the conversation, they are doing a disservice to Sony. Those of us still not quite satisfied with the price are voicing our opinions about what we feel a fair enough price to allow us to purchase an armory would be. Ultimately, yes, its our call we can decide wether or not to use this new feature by spending money on it.

However, Sony risks losing initial and repeat sales by placing the price point too high. The guy that might buy one at $6 might also buy 4 at $3. Sony looses out on $6 in that very specific case.

I want to take full advantage of the armory system. I'm willing to spend some money on it, but where its priced now, I doubt I'm going to be willing to spend as much as I otherwise would. For now, armories are for one toon only, my main. Were they cheaper I could definitely see spending more money on them for alts.

So see, we're not mindlessly whining or complaining for the sake of just griping. We are telling Sony what we are willing to spend in the hopes that they will decide on a price point that works for the players (lower individual cost) and the company (higher total profits) both.
    • Like x 4
  8. Jamie New Player

When did this happen? SOE listened to the people in the 64 page thread where $8 armories were discussed. SOE showed that they heard us by dropping their price. For what ever reason SOE decided to not meet the consensus of $5 armories unless you bought more of them. They also reduced the amount that you had to buy in order to get the best rate. So please show me evidence where SOE ignored us on this subject becasue I am not aware of any.
    • Like x 3
  9. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Since owning and running a business is one of the dreams I have this is just devastating o_O Once again though, just because you don't share the same reasons as someone else, doesn't mean you are better than they are.
    • Like x 2
  10. Quantum mercenary New Player

Thank you devs for listening and adjusting the prices its very much appreciated. Ill be grabbing the 4 pack next week.
    • Like x 2
  11. Mick Nugget New Player

My god, i cant believe it!:) First off, just for the record, I'm voting with my wallet on this move.

Even tho I was this close to buying even less armories than before since I didn't like some of the attitudes towards people who just wanted a better value for their money, I couldn't care less about those random snobs at this point. SOE has listened and given me just the right amount of bang for my bucks I like to get out of this silly game lol. Ill be buying a metric ton of these, thanks :)
    • Like x 1
  12. IGotYA New Player

Haha they did the same thing I do when I want to sell something,
    I will offer it way above the price that i want(thats is still more than i think its worth) and when the buyer
    offers that and I accept it they will think i did them a favor. :p

*claps* Well done.*claps*
  13. TrueOlympus New Player

buying a four pack the first week. as my alts progress i will by even more.
    • Like x 2
  14. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Thank you for the price cut. That price is slightly more reasonable than the old one. I must say, I was expecting $2.99 per armory, and the new price is still not comparable, but I realize how hard you must have fought for a compromise and I thank you for that fight.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ivy's protegee New Player

no this pricing still isn't very alt friendly. As far as I'm concerned you might as well remove creating additional character slots as a perk from the tiers of play.
  16. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I'll buy as many as I can afford and please, because this is a game, and I'm not compelled to buy #1 if I don't want to. Everything in this game, including the game itself is a luxury.
  17. Doc Holliday New Player

Is that for PC only because I've searched for psn cards like these with no luck?
  18. Zernam New Player

Yes this is a Station Cash card.
  19. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Question about the packs: once bought, can I send each armory to a different character or, for example, if I buy a pack of 4, all of them will belong to the character that collects it?
  20. Azrael New Player

now that we have the price reduced not exactly the $5 a piece we wanted but u can get that price if you spend $20. I think it all comes down to how they function when we actually can test it out the free one. I think the best part of this is that we all get a free one to see if its worth it to us or not. If the value is worth or even more than what it cost than we are all winning. Just have to wait and see on Tuesday.

Thx for everyone raging with me over the crazy $8 price tag. :)
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.