Update on Armories

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Klepto New Player

Don't celebrate the prices. Take another step back and think about what they did.

What's the purpose of changing the packs and getting rid of the 15 pack.???

They made millions off everybody from T5 content becasue of the glitches in nexus and paradox. AND yet there still overcharging us who pay monthly membership. Lol c'mon fellas don't be fooled.

Armories shouldn't cost more than a house deed which is $3 if not the same amount. Plus of course there limitations per base etc.

Add more package deals to cover all types of players. Ones with one toon up to 5+toons like you had the 15pack.
    Why only have a 1-4-8 pack???
    • Like x 3
  2. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

In the last thread, this was predicted to be said. In fact, I think I said something like, if they are $6 people will complain and want them to be $5. And other people said that any break the Devs were able to make only be met with more demands for reductions.
  3. Sevanity New Player

It is an easy prediction to make because a drop from $8 to $6 does not solve the main issue of them being unattainable by purchasing a month of Legendary.

The drop from $8 to $6 was a crafty move that seems to have fooled a lot of people.

The outcome of this situation is going to have an impact on how I feel about DCUO and SOE in the foreseeable future. Are they willing to take the fair and moral route or are they trying to bleed DCUO for every penny they can as it is going in a downward spiral financially?

Time will tell.

All I know is, you have quite a few Legendary Subscriptions on thin ice right now.
    • Like x 3
  4. Skyris Allen Well-Known Player

Never knew the prices from before but this is doable ill take 8. If I buy 8 for 1 toon will that be for that toon only? If so Ill still take 8 for each of my 4 toons because you showed me you care and I view that as good business plus the price is doable:)
    Even thou people have stated other top MMOs do this for free I like supporting the game I love and I know this game needs every penny it can get with all the people still using the CaveMan3 holding the game back so much.
    All that said hurry up and take my pile of money baby:cool:
    • Like x 1
  5. Vulpis New Player

This is very true..which is why it's so boggling that they keep making decisions and pricings that make them *less* money. Frankly, about the only conclusion I can come to is that they're desperate, and keep trying these short-term money grabs (rather than going for the longer-term plans that will ultimately make a *lot* more money) because they're failing on a relative scale compared to the other SOE offerings like EQ2 and Planetside 2 which have far more content. Fortunately for them, Sony is not like NCSoft, otherwise heads would have rolled and both the dev team and the game itself would be *gone*.
    • Like x 3
  6. Canadian Justice Committed Player

I'm honestly a little shocked at the amount of negativity and ungratefulness that is being displayed here. In my mind this was never about getting an unbelievable deal, that's what sales are for, this was about getting a fair launch price. A fair launch price was achieved and I for one am most grateful. My would be $8 is now going to be $32 and I'm likely not the only one making this switch.
    • Like x 7
  7. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

You can use them on other characters if you move the item to the shared bank. So they are account bound. ^.^
  8. Radium Devoted Player

Yes, they sure fooled us by lowering the prices overall like everyone asked :rolleyes:
    • Like x 7
  9. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I think the Devs are more like Batman than The Joker. ^.^
  10. Skyris Allen Well-Known Player

1) What humane being are actually using 16 toons
    2)Dont spend what you cant afford, its just a game and you dont need its just for convenience
    • Like x 1
  11. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Maybe if we complain just a little bit more we can get them under 500.
  12. Sevanity New Player

They certainly did fool you it seems.

As the price drop still avoids the main issue of what a lot of us were expressing towards the original pricing, by $1.
    • Like x 1
  13. TrueOlympus New Player

I swear if you ungrateful conspiracy theorist ruin this for me!!!
    • Like x 1
  14. Vulpis New Player

I think you've missed the entire reason why people were *specifically* wanting $5 as the price point--because it meshes evenly with both the subber stipend, and with the cheapest of the SC purchases. Pricing it at $6 ends up like seeming like a bit of a middle-finger move, along the lines of the people who insist on pricing things at 2001-2100 on the Broker for no other reason than to prevent non-subbers from being able to get the item.
    • Like x 1
  15. Sevanity New Player

It's not a conspiracy it's right there in your face.

$1 more than affordable with Loyalty Points, coupled with the move from Marketplace Cash to Loyalty Points for PC Legendary Members.

I would have the same issue whether they were $6 in the beginning or even if they were $5.01.
  16. TrueOlympus New Player

oh i agree that they did kinda screw legendary members.

But I'm far to selfish to care. Even as a legendary member I planned on buying the 4 pack from the beginning. 3 armories for my main toon, and one for my main alt. I'm good for awhile yo
  17. lukelucky Devoted Player

ok bud this happened to be the first time you had to progress to beat content that was released. gates prime and the operations upon release were beatable fully geared. replay allowed you to get gear faster but everyone had a fair shot at being the first to beat the content. t5 was grind alerts for atleast a month to get strong enough to beat nexus. the real content is the raids and they were designed to let the guys who dump the most cash on replays be strong enough to beat them first. did you have to? I agree with you no you did not.
    however if you do not understand the joy and bragging rights of being the first group and first wave of players to beat the new raids you and I are terribly different type of players. again its not buying the replays I often drop $100 on them at a shot and for sure no matter how many I have I drop another $100 during sales. I justy don't think you get my point of view. I think you are a very casual gamer and a fan of the game. that really is awesome bud and I hope you enjoy it for as long as you game.
    when it comes to you and I the memory of an old movie road house comes to mind. the guy says something and the response is opinions vary. lol
  18. Radium Devoted Player

Except the loyalty points for PC isn't going through. They listened to feedback from that as well and are keeping SC rewards.
    • Like x 1
  19. Sevanity New Player

You can dance around the main problem all you like but it still remains. lol.

By the way, on PS we still get Loyalty Points anyway.
  20. lukelucky Devoted Player

I mean um well said. %1,000,000 agreed and wish they would. only reason I speak up is these money grabs ultimately hurt the game more than help. yes they earn cash but drive people away and build negativeity along the way
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.