Update on Armories

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oel Em Well-Known Player

This last week I have never been more proud to be a loyal supporter of the SOE portfolio. From the quick response to the All Access Pass and now to this. Shock and Awe and a HUGE thank you to everybody at DCUO and SOE for not only listening, but responding, and taking immediate action. Still shocked it happened, but full of renewed faith in the company.
    • Like x 7
  2. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

Greta job all... U guys got it cheaper.... I'm still buying 15 but I will buy at 8 a pop!! Guess that will be 16.... I'll figure it out.. But u guys saved me money!!
    • Like x 3
  3. Tule New Player

Your math is off. It was 15 for 60. Now its 16 for 64. I dont anyone wanted exactly 15. If you did then I guess you got slightly screwed. But the other 99% of the population got helped. Most people were wanting about 5 dollars. 6 for one is a little higher, but not to the point of outrage. If they originally came out with these numbers no one would have gotten mad. Or at least not enough to cause a concern.

But again. 60 was for 15. 64 is now for 16. Redo your math.
    • Like x 4
  4. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

Well didn't really save me money... Cuz I'm buying at $4 each but u saved some people out there money!!
    • Like x 3
  5. DawnOfKhaos Well-Known Player

Thanks for the change.
    • Like x 1
  6. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Thank you for listening. Any chance you can make Tuesday come faster?
    • Like x 8
  7. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

With the $64 dollars you get 16 armouries instead of $60 for 15...it's a wash when the armouries cost $4 each...which they do if you look at the break down of the cost.

EDIT: Tule beat me to it. ^.^
    • Like x 2
  8. Playhard Well-Known Player

Have they ever announced prices for items before release? If not, then maybe they were feeling out what we'd pay.
    • Like x 1
  9. Nemisor Committed Player

big pat on the back to the people that wouldnt let it rest too. well done
    • Like x 3
  10. BumblingB I got better.

This is definitely much more manageable. You don't have to buy a lot to get the good deal. It still above the 500 reward, but at least we now don't have to have ridiculous costs to buy. Thank you for listening to our feedback.
    • Like x 10
  11. lukelucky Devoted Player

for dcuo to compermise is a small win I guess. thing is I just cant get back on board. the way I see it is you are more than willing to make money at the expense of your customer instead of by benefiting you clients. t5 was a money grab at our expense and now a feature I personally feel should be factory. by factory I mean included when you rolled it out of production. personally as a professional I would feel pretty bad I overlooked this at launch and even more embarrassed it took 3 years to get to us. as a reward for dealing with incompetence we get overcharged then slightly less overcharged for a feature I again feel we as paying customers should have access to. sadly you guys being able to pull this off and everyone being ok now just tells me going forward it will get way worse. honestly I cant believe anyone was fired after t5 but I just see that as a tell all parties involved have no interest in the customer.
    when a legendary guy has to pay extra to use a feature this should be alarming and I cant believe as a company you feel ok with this. again I feel the way you guys hit a home run with profit should be growing legendary and through good customer service. id say quality product but every raid is glitchable multiple ways so that wont happen. I also cant wait till people dump how much cash in and look at that problems with performance will pop up. using the kryptonian chunck and the cc trinket already causes problems so to think this a purchaseable product wont is delusional. SAYS DCUO: shut up customer who cares if it works we got your money get off my forum.
    sadly that's how it feels. that cant be good business or good for business. you fix that profits will come from sher volume not structuring money grabs at the expense of your loyal customers. its cool though guys I got my tom bot
    • Like x 5
  12. Vulpis New Player

Enh, still overpriced, really. But hey, why bother to bleed the suckers when they'll go ahead and cut themselves, right? Still haven't seen a response on whether you need base batteries for each one of them.
    • Like x 4
  13. Valsmurf Loyal Player

I promised myself i would stop posting for at least 24 hrs, but this news is too good so after 18 I break my silence :p

Just went from planning to buy 1 to definitely getting the 8 pack :D

I had faith you guys would come through! Great to have tangible proof you guys do listen! I'm sure a bunch of people will still not like this, but I feel the good will has been regained overal with the majority of us.

Thank you!!!

edit. I don't care if i've been fooled or not, this is what i expected from the beginning and I'm happy to contribute to the game with something i feel is fair.
    • Like x 4
  14. Nemisor Committed Player

yeah that may be the case but, if we had said nothing then the price would still be $8
  15. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Those are some really negative things to say about people who work really hard to bring enjoyment to all of us here. And please stop complaining about how this should have been here since launch. You can't change the past, enjoy the soon to arrive future. Six days! ^.^
    • Like x 4
  16. Meltman Level 30

Do they come cheap? - NO

Do they come cheaper than before? YES!

Look at it this way,
    the "I needz armories nao" people (like me) can get a reasonably priced 4 pack, which by the way gives you an armory for the exact same price that everyone has rumored and wanted waaay before any cost was announced - namely 5$ ea, for their main and maybe throw some at their alts. Then wait for a sale to maybe get more if needed. Good enough for me.
    • Like x 6
  17. JustSome_Chick New Player

And when people didn't buy them en masse, they would have seen their gamers aren't as dumb as they take them for. Instead, they played the crowd like a finely tuned violin. Now you folks will fork over your cash for something you "fought" for but were willing to bend over to get.

Enjoy paying that price for each and every one you want across every character you ever play and by george I hope you never want to switch up your main unless you are prepared to keep forking out cash from here til eternity.
    • Like x 8
  18. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

Wait, so those of us with a Legendary subscription don't get ANY armories?
    • Like x 2
  19. Kristyana New Player

Agreed.

Nobody's getting screwed here unless you use funky math.
    • Like x 8
  20. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

All members get one free armoury from a mission on each character. Probably a lot like the mission to get your first deed. ^.^
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.