Server Downtime - January 8, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killwalkeronforum New Player

Ok cool ty. but..what do they do once you get ...an? aura? i have legendary so i can do ..whatever it is with it..i just don't know yet what they do, and if i can use it/them yet. or maybe i need to..have something first or complete something first.
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

No worries. I used replays on a raid the night before resets a couple times, and I found out the hard way that it is a bad idea. I should have read the forums; people warn about it here all the time. Never know when you might get a bad group and wasted the replays the night before, and you never know when the game might stop being available to us to play due to a few hours of server/game fixes.
  3. Mary Bliss Committed Player

Or, let the game stay up unless it's crashing and correct the build locally

Just edit the chat motd "pvp marks not working"...

I mean unless everyone is crashing or the market place isn't working you really need to bring the whole thing down for a full day ?

Could see taking it down if everyone got free access to the marketplace though
  4. JReel New Player

Why are people complaining. Well in general we all have the right to. Not only that but this game has been getting updated frequently for things to eithwr stay the same or get worse. To be honest, I am a legendary member. I pay $15 a month plus extra when I purchase items from the marketplace. Compnesation would be great for predictaments such as this. People pay hard earned money (well some of us) for a playable game (with lag and render issues it has been very unplayable lately) and we would like to get the MOST out of our subscriptions. That is like you going to work and your boss tells you do to some company financial issues you'll work for a few hours with no pay. Would you then smile and say "oh okay I am happy this happened. I am patient". No you'll be throwing a temper tantrum. While that may not have been the best analogy, it is just a prime expample of how we fill. Plus it isn't like this happens once in a blue moon. This nerfing and constant server issues has been a s persitent issue for months and yet we are wrong for complaining? Let me handle your taxes then, I'll screw you over real good and look atyou and tell you not to complain.
    • Like x 2
  5. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Mepps and all Devs,

I understand problems happen in development having worked for over 30 years in IT (information Technology). There is a old saying, "it worked in development". I will not rant because I know you are getting heat on the user and the management sides on this. I do have some suggestions as a knowledgeable developer and project manager.

1) aligned development/test/pre-prod/production environment. This can be costly but ensures that software works against the previous baseline at all levels and reduces error at production.

2) configuration management of production baseline. Creating a configuration management baseline allows you to rollback changes it something catastrophic happens so the downtime is minimized.

3) Adoption of agile development cycles use scrum to ensure that smaller modules are developed to reduce the changes but updates can be made more frequently but minimize downtime and errors introduced.

What I have noticed is the Game Updates try to fix everything and end up breaking a lot of things. I know you all are trying hard to produce a quality product and be responsive to diverse community of users.

Eshish fire DSP cr 98
    • Like x 2
  6. iMadnez New Player

So this is taking for ever and i want to play already !
  7. Kai El Well-Known Player

Burn.
  8. bLaCk IcOn Level 30

Don't worry guys Mepps is right on top of things..

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  9. Tyne New Player

This is the type of thing I'm referring too, thing is Mepps I know this happens but the one thing I'm annoyed about is, and I'm not the only one here. When this type of mistake happens We in Europe do not get a chance to play or do our dailies unwind after a hard days work!

So yes it creates more tension than needed having a European server do downtimes which is Prime time! In US Off Peak Times. Separate the patch days allow ProsiebenSat1 to patch take of the work load for split patch days! You will have more happy customers and maybe get some more Europeans back!

There are MMO's out there which provide actual European support which grows stronger every day you disallow a proper European support service. I.E patch days to support Europeans! Some of these Euro servers for other mmo's are a month behind in patchs. But I would cope with that being able to come Home and actually unwind Like you guys need as well!

I'm not the only European voicing on these forums I do speak to a lot of them! And they all feel slighted by these forums! And have given up trying to get some sort of normality! We can live with bugs and all this but the patch TIMES for us!

Think of it reversed how would you think it would go down to American users having a Patch through Peak/Prime time? You see how they slight our comments as it is anyway!
  10. FrauRaserei New Player

Darn, I just started DCUO two days, I was hoping to play more before something like this happened :p Oh well, just gotta wait it out >.<
  11. TheRealDeathern New Player

GASP! I hope not. My Rage Power Respec token is there...
    • Like x 1
  12. graydogg51 Well-Known Player

This is the definition of "enabling" . No I don't know any of that, nor do I care. I do know what it takes to keep my clients happy and what it takes to be voted one of the top companies to work for and voted #1 by your peers in the same industry and this is not how.
    • Like x 1
  13. Cypher Well-Known Player

Wish I could do that on the PS3, because I didn't buy a PS4 yet.
  14. DizKoNktD New Player

Nope, I'm getting the same issue, crashes for me when "validating with server."
  15. Gorillaz Level 30

Че ебаный пиздец
  16. graydogg51 Well-Known Player

I think they just wanted all of us to practice our rage crashing prior to DLC 9. Next week I'm gonna be like "My armories are too big!!!" Rage crash!!!!!
  17. Killwalkeronforum New Player

Any chance anyone here in the Rising Legends guild? I don't know any league names, or the prominence of any of them except that one. but I just thought of a good question. since I'm legendary, I can create a league, so long as I am in a group. after doing such a thing, do I have to have members in order to gain renown with factions? As "oracle" clearly states I think in the watchtower during the tour or after.
  18. Tyne New Player

Please do not swear on public forums!
  19. TheRealDeathern New Player

Happy Birthday!!!

That is all. :D
  20. PVP360 New Player

For once they are being proactive...we should all be standing on our heads in deep applause right now. Im serious. Stop complaining...jeesh...there is no one harder on these devs than myself.....give them a break for god sakes...they are fixing something that is pretty damn serious...stop complaining....

To devs....thank you for fixing the problem for the community and to the community benefit
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.