Server Downtime - January 8, 2014 - Game Update 33!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverdash New Player

They are equal to the exobyte created mods stat wise, but they can't be recovered, and they cost pve and pvp currencies. Also they are single stats, so no prec and health, just prec or health
  2. Silverdash New Player

lol ikr
  3. Agent of the bat New Player

So For Synthethic mods.. if they cant be recovered, does that mean whatever gear we place them in is permanently stuck on it?
    and also is there any reduction in the T4 Gears??
  4. LisaLoeb New Player

I love synthetic mods. Makes alts viable (well the first step at least, we all know the other one is coming hopefully soon) and makes the game less boring with the farming/modding nonsense. Now new upgrades can be worn immediately instead of praying for an exceptional recovery kit to drop or wasting hours of time farming. Very welcome surprise they were when announced.
    • Like x 3
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

They can just be replaced by putting another mod in. No recovery, like you can with crafted mods, though.

No reduction in T4 gear prices. Only T3.
    • Like x 1
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

Yep, I plan to see how quickly I can level an alt, once DLC 9 drops. This will also help with my tank and troller alts, whom I'd really like to get ready for Dox.
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I'm really disapointed by the changes to the weapons. Now it's going to be rifle and hb for PVE and melee weapons for PvP. Good job there. This is just stupid.

We still need the purchasing feats from alts with RPBs implimented to fully utilze this. At least it does help alleviate it. The sad thing is they made Armories way too expensive for alts being worth buying.
    • Like x 1
  8. chironicus New Player

yup i saw a ton a people mysefl included who are awful with rifles specing to them

no mor ewill staff and handblaster be used and its the only crap i get dropped...

kinda sick of the drop system...kinda sick ever week something requiring me to mess around again...

kinda tired a losing 3 missions due to lag, kinda sick of paying for stress...
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Maybe, but you really only need about 85 SP to max out the tier 1 DPS innates. That's not too tough to get and all I really care about. As this toon will only be DPS, I won't really need an Armory.
  10. ReAni Mator New Player

I'm wondering what the best way to ensure the UD starts DLing as soon as it is available (like in downtime if possible) as opposed to being hit with it at the next login. Sorry if it's a little of topic, but if anyone can clear this up for me I would appreciate it.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

It does limit your alts though. Some may want to PvP and PvE. Some may want to have different loadouts between content. I know I have a different loadout from T5 vs everything else. I suppose it doesn't matter though, but it really just makes it hard to want to buy into that they care about alts like they said. It's like 1 step forward, two steps back. :/
    • Like x 1
  12. Tyne New Player

I disagree with this nerf again, So if i'm tapping range i'd do between 6 to 8 hits while i'm charging up staff spin the damage is fine as it was yet another nerf which isn't needed. 50 to 80 per tap 300 to 500 per spin do the math You'd start doing more damage just by tapping for pve??? Charge up was costly because it can be interrupted and needs a bit of a reward for succeeding!
    And where has these nerfs come from? Pvp crowd? Please never listen to the Pvp crowd because pvp is not as fun as it once was! Infact I don't play it because you nerfed my role *Healer* and it's unplayable in Pvp now. Staff was the only viable melee weapon a Healer could pick for PvE and the damage we do is way below all over classes even with Staff or Hand Blasters. Top Dps don't use these weapons either Rifle is on the Top dps roles.
    Stop nerfs were they are not needed. I'll live with it like I always do. I'm never top of the dps leader boards, because rifle or Dual wield are at the top. Has it also factored into your calculations in raids. How ineffective Melee weapons are their yet you nerf the only viable ranged attack Staff has to compete... please!
    • Like x 1
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Oh, I agree (you've seen my posts on the Armories thread). I was specifically referring to this alt. He (or she; I haven't decided) will likely be my last alt. I'll have my main healer/DPS, and a dedicated troller, tank, and DPS. If I want to mess around with other powersets, I'll just buy a respec token. Not enough playing time.
    • Like x 1
  14. DarkSanti New Player

if they want to make more money make the promethium boxes time a a little less than 6 hours so people have the need to buy keys and not be making people just for one thin that money can buy u almost 1 month of membership
  15. IdontDps Committed Player

no
    • Like x 4
  16. chironicus New Player

ive given up all i get are stupid handblaster drops.....so i started adding skills to handblaster...now yu do this.....
    i hate the fighting style of rifle im now forced to use, as its the only wepaon i have and now imuse less for t5 and t4 missions....

i give up....not pleased....oh whoopy pvp i never play.....cause im trying to reach cr 99 so i can get included in the one mission ive not been in....

A) the staff charge up takes more time then any other wepaon....yes it might do more dmg but thats as the above says your reward for pulling it off....
    B) handblasters never did much dmg what the heck? i had ot put that thing that allows extra hits just to make 3rd and id have to swtich to staff for bosses( my hope for armouries was to easily switch....now you dashed me....and you can see your results oin game last night as everyone dropped handblasters and staff....

no sense having staves nor handblasters....its now not a super hero game its COD or splinter cell, next your stop flying and then ....
    • Like x 1
  17. Defibrillate New Player

So the Synthetic Mods costs a specific amount of Marks... but how about cash? What's the cost in cash? Are the Premium members able to buy the mods too with our little $2,000 limit? :(
  18. Pyrite Wolf New Player

\o/ My boyfriend and I were just starting to buy our first pieces of t3, so YEYYYYYYY
    Also, many bug fixes, PvP season 2, moar yeyyyyy :D
    Interesting question right here
    • Like x 2
  19. Tyne New Player

The thing which seems to be of forgotten was team loadout for raids or PvE content in general. Each weapon was good at one thing and a Raid loadout should of consisted with a mix of these weapons.

I mean the AoE feature of staff smashes npcs out of the way doesn't work for the group to pull off, this is where Handblasters came in.
    Handblasters were good at AoE damage fast and effectively. Which kept them relatively grouped up for more AoE.
    It would take time to discuss each weapons distinctive feature. Melee weapons were once viable in Raids for all classes but the constant nerfs draw dps and healers only to a range weapon. Which takes away the group unison of how things tie nicely together!
  20. IdontDps Committed Player

if im correct mod cost 1250
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.