Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaobigboy New Player

I say maybe if they take the original price plan and cut each one in half I could see buying some, but at these prices I will boycott and just use my respec station for free, it only takes a couple of minutes anyway!
    • Like x 1
  2. BeeztyLegend New Player

[IMG]
  3. Geek ManXY New Player

If the price for a single Armory is reduced to $5, I will buy 2 Armories, as will my wife; however, If it is not reduced, We will only buy one each. Simple as that. I'm sure there are a LOT of other people like us so if you add that up by even 2% of the game players, that's a lot of loss because of the price.
    • Like x 3
  4. lukelucky Devoted Player

5. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

Yours is good but I'm fond of the willy wonka memes more lol.
  6. TrueOlympus New Player

armories should be five dollars. The bundles need to start form that number of reference. period.
    • Like x 3
  7. JustSome_Chick New Player

Quacking like a duck eh? Name calling will get you no where.

I have not been flaming, I have been having a rational discussion.

The four people you named are just on the last few pages. There are quite a few people who have a lot to say but apparently you can't be bothered to find out more, you only looked at the surface.

Have a wonderful day dear.
    • Like x 2
  8. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

While I agree with a lot that you have said...no one forced the player base to do it this way. I didn't and I have no problem ding any of the highest content. I dint know why people rush so much to get gear like that. The gear will be there next week. It's not going anywhere. By again, that is an individual's choice if they want to spend replay badges like that. I just don't because I know that is the fastest way to burn yourself out in the game. Different strokes for different folks I guess. XD

It seems that prior are wanting armouries to be both cheep and redeemable on all accounts. I think it should be one of the other. They can either be cheep and be consumable (but account bound) or they can be expensive and redeemable on all characters. Otherwise they wouldn't make very much money. Imho, it just seems like the best business model.
  9. Tyger New Player

Ok, I'll address the elephant in the room here.

You're charging $4 - $8 for a FEATURE that is FREE in just about every other MMO out there? Hell, even World of Warcraft doesn't charge real world money for dual spec. DEFIANCE, which is a horrifyingly flawed game down to the core, has this as a free feature. And you're going to make people, even people already giving you $15 a month in subscription, pay up to $60 for a feature that even Blizzard gives away for free?

Wow guys. Just... wow....

Yeah, I'll be one of the many people passing on this. I can already "dual spec", for free, on the fly, and it takes me 30 seconds to do. Even the most impatient PUG in FOS3 can wait 30 seconds. $8 to change costumes... Wow...

Related, how much do you wanna bet that you have to carry all the items you're going to change into in your bag space anyway (Like World of Warcrfaft makes you do), making this $8 US "feature" a money sink. Now if an armory made it so I could free up 20+ bag spots? that's useful.
    • Like x 4
  10. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I apologize for the errors in my last post. I'm using my phone and sometimes Swype is the worst.

EDIT: and it's now too late to edit that last post...my bad.
  11. Doc Holliday New Player

I use my iPhone as well and hate my auto correct lol.

On topic: really hope to see the price drop to $5 or at least make these things account bound.
    • Like x 1
  12. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I agree! Cheep and consumable, or, expensive and redeemable on all characters.
    • Like x 1
  13. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

Satisfying the customer seems to make the most sense.
    I think that the Armory System release I going to alienate a good number of subscribers and premium members.
    • Like x 2
  14. TrueOlympus New Player

If they will not decrease the price, then they need to be account bound. period.
    • Like x 2
  15. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

If armouries become redeemable on all characters, think they should start at $10. Just like the portable r&d machine. I believe that was 1000 sc when I got it.
    • Like x 1
  16. Jamie New Player

I understand yuor point and disagree with it from a business standpoint.

1) People like to feel like they are getting a good deal. BOGO 50% deals work great for people that only planned on getting 1. They feel as if they are saving money by getting that an extra 1 even if they might not need it. It helps generate sales and increaase profits.

2) If you were planning on buying 5 yuo would pay $32. Paying an extra $8 for 3 more may be enough to convince you that you could make use of 3 more since it is "only" $8 more.

3) People like me with a few alts (3) and could really only see using 3 armories per toon may rethink that when an 8 pack is $40 while a 15 pack is $60.

I have no problem wit the strategy but there is no way I'm going to be spending $40 on 8 armories, the value is not there to me. My above example assumes that you feel the product is worth the price to begin with and most of us defiantely do not feel that way. I'll bash SOE anytime I think they screwed up but I will also defend them when ever I think they did the right thing, even when they do something like call an armory for 1 toon a great deal at $8.
  17. Jamie New Player

I can totally support a $10 armory if I can use it on all toons. Many pages back I posted a suggestion for pricing if the armories are done this way. A quantity price break would be nice but it wouldn't really be needed.

I asked Mepps is making them redeemable on all toons is even being considered but I have not recieved a response. It could be that I asked 25 pages ago and he simply overlooked it. It could also be that he doesn't know because he is not involved or he doesn't want to say since the community likes to jump to conclusions which ends up causing just as many issues.
  18. lackofinterest Well-Known Player

So there's no NEW dedicated storage for gear with the armories. I think they dropped the ball here. Still an awesome addition, but I had hoped they would free up some of our inventory/bank slots as well.
  19. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

It's probably something they he cannot talk about right now. I'm sure that the developers have to discuss any and all changes not only with SOE but probably also DC Comics. I'm thinking that we will probably hear a response soon...but not too soon hehe. These people do have lives outside of work, and scheduling such a large (and more than likely intense) discussion will take time.
  20. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I'm hoping that they will add more bank/inventory slots to be bought. I'm already maxed out in both and would totally buy more if they were offered. But, I tend to agree, it would be a nifty addition to store the gear directly in the armoury.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.