Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc Holliday New Player

This sums it up perfectly.

Now tell me, this makes sense to the people who are for spending $8 on armories?????

This is absolutely beyond a reasonable doubt, ridiculous.
    • Like x 1
  2. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Ok, cool. I'll just be winning w/o paying then.

Question, these are free, one per character and tradable via the shared bank. So. if I just trade them all from my alts to my main am I "trading to win"?
  3. GrumpySnot New Player

Dont forget about all the newbs, doing box in a dox.
    Since i didnt spend any of my money on that, i have it to buy all of my armories..... Yah, cant wait..... Are they here yet.
  4. TrueOlympus New Player

lets also add that DLC's are account purchased while the armories are not. Makes the pricing even more bizarre and frankly quite stupid
    • Like x 3
  5. GrumpySnot New Player

DLC is routine, an very popular, who doesnt own a dlc or legendary.
    ARMORY is an extra, we asked for it, they delivered. Not every will want one, or need one.
  6. HeManly New Player

A DLC is $10, so that's true, but "alot of content" is not.
  7. thelostczarnian New Player

nice catch on the error but if you cannot argue your point soundly then you have no point at all
    • Like x 1
  8. Potent New Player

I see your posts on the forums all the time, and you try to use the somewhat funny, condescending logic. Unfortunately your lack of understanding of how things actually work has thwarted your ability to do so.

You don't get to trade the 1 armory that is free per character. You can only trade armories that were bought via the marketplace.

Try again.
    • Like x 2
  9. Nemisor Committed Player

a gift is given freely, armouries were a product that we wanted and they saw a market for. we pay for armouries. big difference.
  10. TrueOlympus New Player

except that I personally don't see it as completely play to win. What I said was, that a decent argument can be made. In no way did I say that I think its pay2win.
  11. GrumpySnot New Player

...........edit. just for you
  12. Zezimar Committed Player

What Devs thought they would do after armories coming out :" Dey see me rolling, dey hating"
    Erm, fail.
  13. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

i did ask the question if we have to pay rent for armories but didnt make any claims...
    Hmmm, did u buy &/or rent via legendary Hand of Fate or Home turf DLCs. Cuz HoF has utility belts u pay rent for & Home Turf is the rent epicenter. Or maybe you could spend money on lets say a DLC like The Last Laugh & then they give it away to freemiums. NAHHHHHHHHHH it isnt in the realm of possibility.
  14. Zernam New Player

This is a very good suggestion - they can give the player base a nod of acknowledgement and then kick the price up to satisfy corporate afterwards.
  15. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

The satisfaction from a good meal can be forgotten (hits to the head, old age, the next time you go you hate it etc), but not so with the armoury. The only way that will go away, is if you intentionally delete the character or if you are perma banned.

But, since armouries are a luxury item (much like going out to eat) their price should reflect their value. Obviously, this is the rub. Many are upset by the price. I can understand that but...this is a luxury item. If you cannot afford something, you shouldn't buy it. I don't want to pay eight bucks per armoury but, telling the Devs that this is just a money grab or that they aren't worth the money is an insult to all the hard work that they have put into this game. They didn't have to develop and release armouries, but they took (probably) hundreds of hours designing, making, coding, testing, and more than likely, a lot of other things that I don't know about, because I'm not an employee of SOE, and they should get paid for it.

Once again, I'm not going to complain if they lower the prices, but...I don't know. I just feel like the community isn't being very supportive of the team with their criticism, and the team works hard to make this game great. They don't deserve to be slandered by the community by calling them greedy, money grabbers, etc etc.

Ugh ok sorry, I'll get down from my soap box. Everyone carry on with the complaints and telling SOE exactly how much money you want to give.

EDIT: would it technically be liable because it is written instead of spoken? Or does it not matter? XD
    • Like x 4
  16. GrumpySnot New Player

I want to buy armories today!!!!! I dont wanna wait!!!
    • Like x 1
  17. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

18. Potent New Player

Of course we aren't being supportive with our criticism. That ended 2 years ago.

You get criticized and consistently repeat the same actions and eventually you will begin to get insulted.

Although I have spent more money than I would have liked on Power Respecs, I still think that the price they charge for them is outrageous. Same for Movement respecs(why should something with only 3 choices cost the same as something with 10?)

When I saw that in addition to the power respecs and all that, they were going to also include Weapon Respecs, I lost all faith and hope for the game. I don't know who was in charge of that decision, but anybody who looks past that decision, and feels that the people in charge of the pricing and marketplace systems of the games are NOT greedy and looking for anyway they can nickel and dime the IGNORANT consumer, is just crazy.

They knowingly put something into the game that charges the consumer FOR NOTHING. Charging $5 to change the text displayed saying what Weapon Type your character uses is RIDICULOUS. It is from these experiences that I continue to believe and accuse the powers that be of being greedy and nickel and diming their customers.

Maybe they will eventually see, and do something about it, maybe they will keep doing what they are doing now. However simply sitting back and accepting it is just as asinine as walking away and forgetting about it.
    • Like x 1
  19. GrumpySnot New Player

Once upon a time....

I had my bread an butter loadout, then i went into the mist, an tried out a new loadout. Alas, this was my doom.
    POOOFFFF, in a minute, i was back to my bread an butter.

Day2...
    You cannot change a loadout, VIA the power/skill menu, during combat.
    Example.. backup troll, doesnt have to carry P0T, in main loadout, but instead have it in, single armory, if led troll dies.

Day3...
    Or a dps, that only does dps, but doesnt like carrying, a particular move, except at end bosses.

Day4.....
    Change trinkets, like changing underwear

These apply to the basics, of one armory an in combat, stuff goes wrong.... Or in the right hands, things go right
  20. Potent New Player

• Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.