Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueOlympus New Player

You won't "here" it from me. I'm not here to argue. I'm just saying an argument can be made. And I'm not wrong,
    • Like x 3
  2. Tocimus Committed Player

lets put it this way: a dlc is $10 for alot of content. an armory is $8 for the ability to dual spec.....
    • Like x 5
  3. JustSome_Chick New Player

And before they told us the price, my friends and I spoke about it and felt it would probably be $10 each as well.

However we thought that IF they were that much, they would be account bound and redeemable for every character. If devs decided to make them a single use item, they would probably be more along the lines of $2 - $3 each. We all agreed that would be reasonable.

However, the devs / pricing team apparently had a little something strange in their coffee the day they decided to go $8 per single use (or push people into spending more at once than they want to in order to get a price that is still too expensive per single use).
    • Like x 1
  4. Vulpis New Player

Because armories can also be used as costume changes? Ask around the City of Heroes or even Champions players--one of the draws to a superhero game is being able to play dress-up with the costume parts. This is *why* the whole Style system is in place, and why Styles are fought over so much as Alert/Raid drops and on the Broker.

CoH gave you costume slots (though not build respecs) for free at certain level breaks. Shame the same can't be done here.
  5. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

I do have 1 question about armories. I have 2 toons that dps and, do a support role. If I,m dpsing and, one troll leaves I can take his spot. Then for some reason the group could tell me to go back to dps so, the mission can get done quicker. Where will my damage gear go. Will I be able to put it back on? Then switch back to dps as normal.
  6. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I was actually expecting the prices to be higher. Sometimes being a pessimist pays off... :p
  7. Potent New Player

You have it wrong.

When companies do things where they give stuff in price breaks, they base what they need to sell to break even, on the BROKEN PRICE.

Meaning, there is a certain number they NEED to sell at $6 each to BREAK EVEN on production costs.

By pricing them at $8 each, they are effectively REDUCING the necessary number to sell to break even, WHILE giving them a small buffer allowing them to sell the bundle packs at $4 each.
  8. Vulpis New Player

*nod* My fault there, I misread your statement when replying to it, and have been to busy trying to get caught up (3 more pages posted since that one!) to do anything about it. :-/
  9. Karbonala New Player

The pricing is absolutely ludicrous.

How is it that a deed, which houses said armories(4 of them) costs $3, while an armory costs $8? How does this make sense? I was expecting an individual armory to cost $2-$3 tops. If it was what I was expecting, I was already set to buy a handful of armories for each of my main characters (4-5). But at $8 a pop? Even with your Armory Bundles, I would have to spend close to half a years worth of legendary? Is this a joke? I realize the DCUO community isn't as populated as other MMO's, but you shouldn't look to exploit us to make up for that population-revenue difference.

It's pretty clear why they chose not to give Legendary subscribers an additional free armory. Most folks will agree that you actually need 2 armories per character for the role switching to be effective. As it stands right now, I am no longer planning to buy any armories, or even use my Loyalty Points on them. The bang for the buck is simply not there.
    • Like x 2
  10. TrueOlympus New Player

ugh. economics
  11. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

TBH the thing i like best about them is the quick costume changes. If the armories doubled as bank storage space & let you spec or not spec however u wanted I would actually stand by their pricing strategy. Sadly they do not :confused:
  12. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Not sure where people are pulling the, "paying rent to upkeep armories" from... but this is NOT true and will never be implemented. They aren't going to allow you to buy something and then later say, "oh, but now you have to pay rent to keep using it." People that are making these claims are absolutely ridiculous and really need to get a grip!
  13. Nemisor Committed Player

so were just gona forget about utility belts and HT mods then?
  14. HeManly New Player

Home Turf works exactly like that.
    • Like x 1
  15. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

You get something that comes and goes. Nothing that is permanent...unlike an armoury, which you will always have for the life of that character.
  16. Vulpis New Player

Ah well. Overall, yet another feature to completely ignore as worthless, I suppose. I'll stick with my current version of the armory, called Notepad (in either electronic or dead-tree forms). Only costs me 500-in-game for changing specs (though it is charged each time), and nothing for changing costume, as well as $0 real money. I *might* consider using the free one as a costume slot to let me reset from any time I try out holiday looks...then again, if you have to pay 1250-in-game just to do *that*, it's not going to be worth it to do even that much use.
    • Like x 1
  17. Marbou New Player

Wrong. A DLC purchase is account bound. That $8 needs to be repeated on all of your characters. Hah. Messed up.
    • Like x 2
  18. Potent New Player

The satisfaction of a good meal at a great price keeps you coming back. That stays with you for the rest of your life.
  19. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

What if you just use the free one? Is it free to win then?
    • Like x 1
  20. Potent New Player

There is no beneficial or game changing way to use 1 armory.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.