Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CerberusT Well-Known Player

YESSS!!!

Not too happy about the price, but I will definitely but one extra for my main.
  2. Oel Em Well-Known Player

buying something isnt really earning it...just sayin.
  3. CerberusT Well-Known Player

They can't sell 16 because you can only have a max of 16 and they give you one for free.
    • Like x 1
  4. Breakforce Loyal Player

Has anyone made a meme of "the rent is too damn high" dude complaining about the price of armories? :D

Anyways, looks like it is a 4 pack for me. I had figured I would be willing to spend upwards of $10 each to get 3, so 4 for $6 each works.
  5. tukuan Devoted Player

Pretty sure that while you can only consume 16 per toon, you can have more than 16 of the mp armory item on given character. I'll check this later on test.
    • Like x 1
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

Everything from that video, they mentioned everytime, was from an internal test build and NONE of it was promised to come out on live. Things were not complete and plans were still being worked on to be final. They did the video as a preview to show us what is coming.
  7. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

Based off of the current armory prices, I'm scared to see what buying feats are gona cost.
    • Like x 8
  8. TrueOlympus New Player

You should be both
    • Like x 3
  9. DanXVII Committed Player

It's not that people will leave because of this, it's more that some of us were relying on this feature to KEEP us around. Now that what we envisioned isn't possible without dropping the amount of money for a full price brand new game, it has no appeal, and neither does sticking around.
    • Like x 4
  10. Zezimar Committed Player

The laugh we had me and my friends when we first saw the prices is priceless.
    • Like x 1
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

your talking about a feature that is super useful in game but will be old news in a few weeks of having them but no less useful so just having them wont keep players around content and friends do that. I was just commenting on his statement that because the price was so high he would be leaving the game.
  12. FESTER665 Devoted Player

While the price is a bit steep, I'll likely just pick up a four pack to get my main setup and then wait for a sale to get the rest of them.....

Better yet devs, do the pricing structure Canadian Justice mentioned as a "release promotion" and then after a week go to your original pricing. Kind of a "thanks for being patient waiting for these" for those who first buy them. Especially if there are any issues or bugs when we first have thousands of people using them....

I can't imagine the threads on here if they're bugged or glitchy and people paid the full asking price.
    • Like x 2
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, this is the issue. I think they're missing out on a lot of revenue potential here. The price point is too high relative to other items they sell, especially given that this is mainly a convenience item. When even folks, like myself, who can easily afford them are changing their purchasing plans, there's a problem.
    • Like x 10
  14. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

So it's a consumable? How does that work?
    • Like x 1
  15. TrueOlympus New Player

Despite the prices I will still buy them week one.

But there is a difference or a fine line between. WANTING TO SPEND THAT MONEY. and BUYING IT BECAUSE I HAVE TOO. At a reasonable price, Id love to spend alot to get alot. Now i gotta spend a fortune to get alot, and spend alot to get a little
  16. DanXVII Committed Player

Content is repetitive and rehashed and if I want online friends I can use Facebook or something. It won't be old news in a few weeks, this will add flexibility and variety for the rest of the game's lifespan. I was banking on it to make me wanna stay when I was bored and about to go, and without it being justifiable I already know I won't be renewing my subscription. It's literally insulting too and a sign of what's to be acceptable from pricing in the future.
    • Like x 4
  17. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

they are a bit pricey and I do also agree that it may keep many from bothering with them outside of the ones they already get.
  18. TrueOlympus New Player

you must put alot of value in respec'ing
    • Like x 4
  19. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

I can see your point, but TBH, this pricing is upsetting to many players...myself included. While also prob true no1 cares if an individual they dnt know leaves the game... eventually these players leaving become the communities problem, by that of diminished investment & population which leads to further decline. People who complain aren't doing so because they hate the game, its quite the opposite..they love the game & want it to succeed. The problem is you can only stand behind something you believe in & when you feel your being taken advantage of....well the line is drawn.
    • Like x 6
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

way to be over dramatic you do know you can take your free one and spec all the way down the trees except the two botom rows and basicaly have a free quick respec when ever you want with just one armorie calm down and enjoy your friends and game
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.