2014 PC Legendary Membership Benefits Update - UPDATED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 2, 2014.

1. RadarX Community Relations

Dear DC Universe Online Legendary Member,

We regularly evaluate our offerings at SOE to ensure we are consistently delivering great games and products, while also offering exceptional value to our players. Given the recent updates to our game, we wanted to take the opportunity to bring our Membership benefits in line across all platforms.

The week of February 3rd, 2014 we will be making a very important change to the PC Legendary Membership level in DCUO. The current benefit of receiving 500 Station Cash (SC) monthly will be replaced with a similar program that grants a form of in-game currency called Loyalty Points. Each month you will be granted $5 USD worth of Loyalty Points that you will be able to use at a special Loyalty Vendor to purchase Marketplace items. Your Loyalty Points will stack – meaning you can save up Loyalty Points in order to make larger purchases – but you must log into the game at least one time each month in order to collect them. DLC packs will not be purchasable with Loyalty Points.

Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you in game soon.

Please help us consolidate feedback by keeping discussion and comments to this official thread.

UPDATE:

"Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback. We listened.

Here are the basics of our revised plan. Please note - we have not had the time to do estimates of the work involved, and also we're continuing to listen. so this isn't baked just yet. Do not expect that this is all going to happen immediately. We plain don't know yet. we're doing that meeting tmw.

1) We're lowering the price of All Access to $14.99 2) We're going to make it so every subscriber to all our PC games an all access member. Basically there will be one SOE membership for our PC games. Please note there are some minor restrictions around our kids titles (simply put - if you're a 12 year old who signed up for FR you won't have access to the adult games so we'll likely leave the lower priced kids offerings as separate subscriptions for under 12 for the same low prices). 3) We're keeping the 500 SC included with the subscription instead of going to the "pick an item" system. We heard you. You didn't like the change. The only change we are making is that we're now going to make you claim it monthly. You can still hoard it though I realize this is a bit of a pain but honestly it's the best compromise we could come up with that solves the problems I mentioned in the other thread. 4) we are going to be giving our members a 10% discount in our marketplaces. 5) European players - we have an idea on how to include you in this but we need to discuss with our partners.We have a pretty good idea on this though. give us a bit of time to suss this out. 6) Nothing is changing with Player Studio items - you'll still be able to buy them with your 500SC. 7) Console titles - you'll notice I only mentioned the PC titles. Our goal is to include the PS3 and PS4 games that we have, but I want to be up front and say that isn't a done deal.

In a nutshell that's where our head is at.

As always your feedback is welcomed. Please do us a big favor and carefully think about #3. Our goal is to give you more value in the subscription to make it more attractive and making it simpler in the process.
    I really feel like we're making a good decision going this route. It makes things simpler and gives more value to our players.

Thanks

Smed"

Originally posted here:http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/1ulcav/moving_forward_with_subscription_plan_changes/

------
    * Please keep all discussion regarding the membership changes to this thread, so we can easily monitor all feedback. Thank you in advance!
    • Like x 3
  2. Oddpodd Dedicated Player

Wait...can you elaborate further with the benefits for DCUO players? From my point of view, it just seems the same as ever since we do have the 500 every month of membership to buy stuff using a vendor in the Police Stations/Nightclubs. The only difference I see is that now, we have to log in once a month to actually recieve it.

I must be missing something...
    • Like x 5
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, I don't understand this either. How is this different?

Also, are you guys moving away from SC to LP?

Final question, is this just for the All Access Pass? Does this affect players that just purchase legendary just for DCUO?
    • Like x 3
  4. RadarX Community Relations

For the PC community the change should be pretty minor and reflect what the PSN community currently uses.
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm thinking (and hoping) this is just for SOE All Access members. It is an enormous step up in benefits for them, while I would see it as a step down benefit for people who just purchase Legendary subscription for DCUO which leads me to believe it is only for All Access members.
    • Like x 2
  6. Solutha New Player

The way I understand it is they are moving away from giving SC. I can see why because SC can be used in other SOE games other than DCUO. PS players only get loyalty points and can only use them with DCUO. This change just makes it to where PC has to use their membership bonuses on this game.
    • Like x 1
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

But what about our replay badges per month? We still get those?
  8. LORD_SHOCKA New Player

So ps players get the added bonus of... being ps players? Im sorta lost here as to how this feels like an upgrade.
  9. RadarX Community Relations

This is only affecting the Station Cash Legendary members would have received each month.
  10. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

Nothing changed....I got all excited thinking were gonna get something extra for subscribing every month but its the same.....rofl...way to go dc...lolol
    • Like x 12
  11. Solutha New Player

Its not an upgrade. they are just making it to where all platforms are giving the same bonuses.m If anything its a downgrade for PC users because they no longer get SC.
    • Like x 2
  12. LORD_SHOCKA New Player

I think a break down of what everyone was getting before on what platforms and what they are getting now should be laid out here.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

I'm confused...I'm usps3....what's different?
  14. RadarX Community Relations

This will not impact PlayStation 3 players. You will continue to use the Loyalty system.
  15. Owise1say New Player

Many of you are confused and thinking this is the same as before, but it's not. It is very different. Loyalty Points have LESS value. They have separated some of the Market items from he Loyalty Point systems. DLC packs will not be purchasable with Loyalty Points. As of now, everything on the market is purchasable using Station Cash. There may or may not be more exceptions to this new type of currency. We will have to see, but your monthly value will be decreased in the terms of purchasing power.
    • Like x 7
  16. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

Lol....this post is pointless...I think they are trying to confuse us...lol
    • Like x 1
  17. LORD_SHOCKA New Player

I know what changed, your league ;)
    Yea the title is very misleading for this.
  18. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

Oh ok I get it...not excited at all.....
  19. Little Sister New Player

Smoke and Mirrors...
    • Like x 7
  20. Electron New Player

Cool. So I in the past... if I had 500sc from my monthly bonus and I wanted to buy something that cost 1000sc, I could just buy the additional 500sc.

But now, I'm either going to need all 1000 in station cash, or 1000 in loyalty points. Oh boy! No more mixing and matching loyalty with purchased SC.
    • Like x 1