Screwed out of a TOM-bot

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gargamond, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Has this happened to you? I knew there would be a holiday gift trinket this year, and specifically purchased legendary this month so I would receive it. When game update 32 launched, we were told if you had legendary as of 17 December, 2013, we would receive the tom-bot. Later on the day of the 17th, SOE changed the date on the DCUO website to the 10th of December. Since I subbed around the 15th, I'm screwed.

I immediately submitted a ticket when I saw that the date was the 17th. It's not my fault that GM didn't respond till 8:30PM. I'm pretty perturbed about this. It's not the only time SOE has screwed people.

Here's the response to my ticket: (be aware I submitted a ticket BEFORE SOE changed the date from the 17th to the 10th).

Response Game Master via Email
    12/17/2013 08:30 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting your in game customer support. I've examined your account and am afraid that it does not qualify for the TOM-bot as you were not of Legendary status on 12/10. I'm very sorry. For information on this from our knowledge-base, please view:

[DCUO] Welcome Back Promotion 2013
    Answer: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37571

Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated. Please let us know if you have any questions or require assistance in the future. Best of luck to you!

Kind regards,

GM Aylaylii
    Sony Online Entertainment, LLC
    Stay up to date on the official DCUO Forums for all the latest community news: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php
    • Like x 2
  2. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

Well it sucks but if they got the date wrong while it suxs you didnt meet the requirement.
  3. Gargamond Dedicated Player

The thing is, I met the requirement for the original date. SOE changed the date in the article after the fact. Somebody probably got fired because of that, and I wasted $15.00 on legendary access. QQ
  4. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

If it was a typo it suxs but it is what it is. If you only bought a sub for that then you got bigger issues.
    • Like x 4
  5. BigBadRon Well-Known Player

You only wasted $15.00 if the TOM Bot was the only thing you get for being Legendary. There are other benefits connected to a subscription.
    • Like x 3
  6. Fruity Reaper New Player

The idea is to reward loyal customers and they have rewarded loyal customers...those who took a shot to try and get it and missed then, try again next year or maybe be legendary longer and get rewarded for it ;)
    • Like x 3
  7. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Right, but the only benefit I actually wanted was the TOM-bot. I'm serious. I spent $15.00 on legendary just for the TOM-bot.
    • Like x 1
  8. Couzintony New Player

This happened to me... I'm not too upset about it... I was at first then I realized that I would only use it in low lvl stuff n would have to take out one of my base things er my snowman trinket... Lolz
    • Like x 1
  9. Couzintony New Player

How'd u know u were gettin it... U had to have subbed before they announced it...
  10. Gargamond Dedicated Player

You don't think changing the dates in an article overnight is grimy/bad business at all?
    • Like x 1
  11. Gargamond Dedicated Player

12. The Aerovenger Dedicated Player

If they said the 17th (which I saw!) then it has to be the 17th!
    The customer is always right etc.......???
    They made the screw-up....they have to face the consequences of that screw-up!
    I heard nothing officially about the wrong date either....

Pay up SOE! :mad:
    • Like x 2
  13. Fruity Reaper New Player

Well its not fantastic but its not as if an article is a binding contract...
    • Like x 1
  14. Couzintony New Player

Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (Game Master) 12/17/2013 02:52 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this. I've logged into your account and do see that you do not have the TOM-bot available and went ahead to submit a report for our development team's investigation. Please feel free to check in with us in the near future for an update to this matter. Also please note that when I logged in 'HealYaUp', he was in open world and appeared right in front of Larfleeze which updated the 'spot Larfleeze' task.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

GM Aylaylii
    Sony Online Entertainment, LLC

Thought I should share my ticket too... Lolz
    • Like x 4
  15. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Yes! Thank you for doing so. Maybe this will help once more people see how SOE treats loyal customers.
    • Like x 1
  16. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Yeah, I didn't think so. You're probably fifteen, never been on a plane.

Edit: oh by the way, if you ever do get on a plane, it's probably made in America.
  17. Fruity Reaper New Player

Lol I never mentioned Asia but the rest of the world does consist of more than 2 continents but kudos for trying, and yes I have travelled extensively and lived in a few different countries.

I love America and all my american friends but even they would admit to taking patriotism too far some times, to say that if Sony was a US company it wouldn't make mistakes or lie is a wildly inaccurate at best or disturbingly insular at worst statement to make, if you are genuinely serious about it then you may need some professional help my friend...or at least some geography/history lessons to help you realise there is a whole planet out here and we all pretty much behave the same ;)
    • Like x 3
  18. BigBadRon Well-Known Player

And yes, I am older than 15, have been on a plane, and have had experience dealing with both US and Asian companies.
    • Like x 2
  19. Fruity Reaper New Player

Ok I am calling troll or maybe poe...not sure yet...but to answer the above I am actually 39, wife and 1.5 kids (one on the way) travelled extensively, lived various places, have a full time job that also requires travel and have a healthy outlook on live and my place in it...may I suggest you re-evaluate yours, you may find it makes you happier and more at peace with everyone rather than thinking the US runs the world and is responsible for building everything :p

On the other hand if you are as delusional as you sound and your posts are genuine then I believe there are some good doctors in Switzerland that can help you - Europe btw, hit the east coast and keep going.
    • Like x 1
  20. Gargamond Dedicated Player

What are you talking about bro? I wasn't talking to you.