Reason why Photon Blast is broken but no one talks about it

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by ???, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ??? Well-Known Player

Not only the base damage from Photon Blast is out of line compared to other finishers.

Another reason exists and some people might know it, or some just don´t talk about it, and what is worst, the ones that don´t even know about it think it´s "on line with other finishers".:rolleyes: Ignorance is a blessing!

After the introduction of the home turf mods, there is one in particular that gives an unfair advantage to gadgets users. Gadgets is the only power that receives this unfair advantage.

The escalating might mod increases your might by 87, this effect can stack up to 3 times over a period of time ( 8 seconds).

On use, photon blast is the only finisher that triggers escalating might 2x on a single use. This means, when you use photon blast 1 time, your might won´t increase by 87, but 87x2= 174 + might. Photon blast is only 1 power and triggers the escalating might mod as if it were 2 !!! :mad:

This means, on second use, it´s already on the 3rd proc, at 261+might, and since this procs 2x, once the 1st proc is gone, since the photon blast triggers twice, you´ll have again max might!!!

Add that, plus the OP CC effect and it´s nasty.

Is the ONLY FINISHER IN THE GAME THAT IS BROKE AND TRIGGERS ESCALATING MIGHT MOD 2X.

Fix, or balance with the other finishers.
    • Like x 9
  2. ??? Well-Known Player

Not only the base damage from Photon Blast is out of line compared to other finishers.

Another reason exists and some people might know it, or some just don´t talk about it, and what is worst, the ones that don´t even know about it think it´s "on line with other finishers".:rolleyes: Ignorance is a blessing!

After the introduction of the home turf mods, there is one in particular that gives an unfair advantage to gadgets users. Gadgets is the only power that receives this unfair advantage.

The escalating might mod increases your might by 87, this effect can stack up to 3 times over a period of time ( 8 seconds).

On use, photon blast is the only finisher that triggers escalating might 2x on a single use. This means, when you use photon blast 1 time, your might won´t increase by 87, but 87x2= 174 + might. Photon blast is only 1 power and triggers the escalating might mod as if it were 2 !!! :mad:

This means, on second use, it´s already on the 3rd proc, at 261+might, and since this procs 2x, once the 1st proc is gone, since the photon blast triggers twice, you´ll have again max might!!!

Add that, plus the OP CC effect and it´s nasty.

Is the ONLY FINISHER IN THE GAME THAT IS BROKE AND TRIGGERS ESCALATING MIGHT MOD 2X.

Fix, or balance with the other finishers.
    • Like x 5
  3. Lemarcel55 New Player

Wow, I didn't know that! I sure would like to see Impaling Ice hit Escalating Might 2x
    • Like x 1
  4. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

All finishers do not have to operate the same. It's getting really old seeing these nerf this threads. Its never taken into consideration other effects, powers in a tree or number of ticks that other powers use. Not all powers have to work exactly the same. If you want everything the same with different colors then keep going by all means. If your power in particular isn't working the way you'd like start a thread involving getting it fixed. Demonstrate why its not on par. If you get enough likes send it to the dev's. That would get you the results you want instead of getting someone else nerfed because you got beat out in damage or lost a PvP match.
    • Like x 5
  5. Evil Leaper New Player

Photon blast is not OP it does not even compare in damage compared to a corrupted Divine Light.
    • Like x 1
  6. ??? Well-Known Player

Let me educate you:

Photon Blast = 1 power.

Number of procs of the escalating mod per power: 1

Number of procs per photon blast : 2

Do you need apples to understand it?
    • Like x 3
  7. BumblingB I got better.

So what you are saying is that white mods make it OP.
    • Like x 1
  8. DrewCheech New Player

Lol, you wanna talk about lame finishers?
    Have you tried HL blast?
    • Like x 1
  9. compasionate grenade Committed Player

"is the only finisher that is broke, ???."

Hard light anyone.

I hope they(devs) correct this for gadgets dps. Thats a significant power for that role, and for it to be broke makes the role substandard. I should know, i got a hl troller issue going on, with no response.
  10. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

So you want one of gadgets long range powers to be "fixed" :rolleyes:
  11. Grainger Tech Active Player

Look I do not mean to offend anybody but the truth is each power set has it advantages and disadvantages. I just wish people would just chill out and stop ******** about it. I have a level toon for every power. Each with it own advantages and disadvantages. Suck it up and drive on!
    • Like x 2
  12. FOOFighter New Player

The only issue I see here is that you have a problem with white mod attached to a gadget dps using photon blast, not photon blast itself.
    • Like x 4
  13. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Let me educate you. Your speaking to the effect from a home turf mod. You should be asking that the mod be fixed. The power is fine. Stop whining about others powers. Create a thread with a purpose that way you get what you need fixed. Your title should be Home Turf Escalating Hand Mod Broken. Not Photon. Photon is fine.
    • Like x 2
  14. ZeroAccess New Player

15. LIVETASER New Player

Photon blast is working as intended. funny how others that cannot stand the fact gadgets got a single power that they can use to try to be on par with everyone wants a nerf on PB. Not gonna happen, switch to gadgets or move on, that is all we have that is strong enough. Everything else requires PI to get any damage out of it.
    • Like x 2
  16. LIVETASER New Player

You cannot fix what is not broken.
  17. Trinidad James Loyal Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. RockHardington New Player

LOL
    • Like x 2
  19. Poo New Player

Pretty soon this game is going to be: