PS4 Freezing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IThe PatchI, Dec 12, 2013.

1. IThe PatchI New Player

Is anyone having this issue? Half the time I go to the broker (and sometimes anywhere else) the game crashes and goes back to the PS4 Home screen. But this is not the main problem. The last couple of days, at least once a day, the game freezes and even pressing the power button does nothing (it used to reset on PS3), and I have to pull the plug and restart the system.

Last I recalled it was stated that freezing was a PS3 issue due to memory and system limitations, now on PS4 I see this going on all over again. I grow worried about the game screwing up my console because I live in Brazil and the system cost A LOT of money, and I don't have technical support on the imported system. I have 3 other games and none have any freezing or even crashing issues.

When will we have a stable game to play on?
  2. Brennsinger Well-Known Player

Don't pull the plug. If the game is not responding for a minute or so, the PS4 will get you into an error screen. From there you can go to the main menu and restart the game or reboot the console.
  3. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I had more crashes yesterday than I have had in the previous 3 weeks.
    • Like x 1
  4. IThe PatchI New Player

I
    I'm pretty sure I already waited more than a minute, to no avail. I'll try to wait a little more next time, but I don't think it will work.
  5. Legend Lord New Player

I tend to find my Ps4 locks up more after I use the broker repeatedly, access menus, mainframe etc.

I agree with other poster, the Ps4 should eventually pull up an error screen, just be patient =)
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We're working with PSN to track down these crashes. They're not related to the memory constraints PS3 experiences.
    • Like x 3
  7. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I have had to hard shutdown once. I left the PS4 for an hour because I did not want to unplug it ...but it did not recover.
    Generally, the broker crashes on me about 20% of the time I use it.
    This is the base amenity version... I can't speak to the HQ version

One thing I've been trying to do is not touch any buttons until after the list has populated... but, I'm not sure if that make a difference.
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

I havent had that many crashes. The broker yea thats still a problem but for the most part no crashes.
  9. Thewoe Well-Known Player

Yepp ive crashed quite a few times too.
  10. Original Scar New Player

As much as it pains me to say this, this is the main reason why I'm not getting a ps4 as of yet though i love the system without having it though. I have said this once and i will say it again:

please please please release a ps4 blue ray game disc version of this game once again like you did on the ps3. I've had less problems on the disc rather than the downloaded version on ps3. It's not common on a disc to have major problems and have it say GAME DATA CORRUPTED. It doesn't matter if it's a special edition, limited edition, or regular edition. The game itself already has a new logo therefore it almost seems just to release a NEW SYSTEM with a NEW DISC. I think a lot of players would enjoy this.

ps The Original Batman aka Batmepps for Legends would be well worth it, Give us a chance to own Batmepps once again.
  11. Stitch Well-Known Player

A new disc would not be smart considering people can just download the game for free. Blu-Ray discs cost money
  12. Solutha New Player

Here is some things I do when playing DCUO on the PS4 to prevent freezing.

1. Don't open a menu during a cut scene. This will more than likey freeze the game

2. When coming out of a load screen wait 5-10 second before opening a menu.

3. Do not open the broker, mail, bank menus mutiple times over a short period of time.

All of the things above have made my game freeze up constantly. Since I started avoided what caused the freezes my game has not froze in about 2 weeks. Now I have only played about 2 hours since the last PSN update so that may have lead to more problems.
  13. Whatever999 New Player

I'm having a similar problem with the game freezing @ the loading screen (just after character selection)
    or on the loading screen during the game, in between mission sections (not the broker screen).

Each "freeze" requires a "hard restart" of the PS4 -
    (PS4 will not respond to commands from the DS4 controller , even after 10 minutes)
    and on restart, the PS4 has to do a brief diagnostic to check for errors.
    Once restarted, the PS4 displays the "this system was not shut down properly" warning.

I've been playing for 5 hours today and had 4 crashes.
    The PS4 does not appear to be overheating (air temp = approx )23C / 73.4F