Where do i get that little servo bot?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mick Nugget, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Mick Nugget New Player

I was running a duo the other day and this dude had a little metal servo bot that was a trinket. Said it does extra damage and he got it as part of a collectors edition but he doesnt know if i'd get the bot if i bought one off amazon or whatever.

Anyone have one of those bots and if so is it worth it and if so where can i get an official collector's edition and does it still come with the bot?
  2. Rëquiem New Player

It was a free gift given to legendary members last year.
    Hes more entertaining than anything, he gives you a 5% health buff for 30 seconds as well as attacking your opponent.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLoneLantern New Player

You missed out. I doubt he'll ever be given out to legendary players again.
  4. Buckley Loyal Player

Noware? and now you dont even get it on alts because it has been removed from the claims section of marketplace.
    DCUO giveth, DCUO taketh away.
    • Like x 1
  5. Rëquiem New Player

I made an alt 2 weeks ago, i was able to claim it from 'redeem' on marketplace as i already had it on my main. Although some ppl posted on forum that you couldnt :p
  6. Buckley Loyal Player

I can't remember the exact date but my alt does not have the option to redeem Servo. Maybe DC comics are planning a Booster Gold revival and decided that Servo is too close to the intellectual property "Skeets" :rolleyes:
  7. TheLoneLantern New Player

I would report it as a bug. If you have received it prior due to being a recurring sub at the time of its release, you should be able to claim it on any characters on your account.
    • Like x 2
  8. Dene Devoted Player

i think it was avail exactly 12 months as redeemable ?
  9. Buckley Loyal Player

thx, i will send a ticket to confirm this. I was not aware that it had a expire date. I hope nothing else, like the stuff i payde for expires.
  10. Circe New Player

Yep it is a bug. Sadly, it's apparently not top priority. Hope they get it fixed cuz I have a character who could really use it right now. I'm not using that character until I can get Servo.
  11. TeenWuulf Well-Known Player

You guys are thinking of the wrong bot. He's talking about the Collector's Edition Drone trinket (it's possible it was even me he ran the duo with, since I'm one of the only ones I see running with the drone). On hero side it provides a Bat Drone, and on villain side it provides a Joker Blimp (which looks pretty stupid compared to how cool the Bat Drone looks).

The drone was redeemable through a code you got inside the Collector's Edition box set, along with a Batman bust, and a couple of comics. If you buy the Collector's set off of Amazon or Ebay or whatever you should be able to redeem the code for the drone trinket as long as it hasn't already been redeemed. I.E., buy a new, unopened box or you're probably not going to be able to redeem the code.

I'm not sure I'd say that it's worth it at this point to buy the box set just for the drone, considering how much the cost of the box sets has increased as the supply has diminished, unless you also really, really, really want the plastic Batman bust and comics as well. It's not like you need the disc to play the game anymore. Back when the game first released? It absolutely was worth it and I love my drone trinket.
  12. Buckley Loyal Player

Thanks for clearing that up. Now about my Skeets ripoff.....
  13. Mick Nugget New Player

I saw it on amazon and its only a hundred bucks.. I'm a fan of having a hovering helper bot around at my side especially for a gadget toon and my tank toon except I always hated having to give up a slot on my loadout bar for it. there's just no room! But a trinket would be perfect.

Two questions: (I'm hero side PS BTW) Does this batman drone disappear or is it perm till its destroyed and what's the cool down on it?

Also, in your opinion, how does it compare to the iconic bot? Does the description give any stats or does it just do a certain amount of damage/apply some cc help like the boo trinkets?
  14. Mick Nugget New Player

Lol, I've seen ppl with that bot and it is entertaining:p . I think the one I want is the one mentioned in the post above, but thx:)
  15. TeenWuulf Well-Known Player

Permanent until destroyed. Better than the iconic IMO. Does damage and has hp that scales with your CR. No extra CC effects. Cool down is about 1 min after it gets destroyed.

At 92 CR it adds enough damage to put me regularly at 4th on the dps charts running a pure healer loadout for electricity. I use it mainly for the electrogenesis aura but the dps is a nice boost. Basically it functions as an extra weapon that is constantly attacking for precision damage.
  16. Mick Nugget New Player

Whats the electrogenesis aura? Also, i wouldnt really be getting it to add damage as a damager, but some extra damage for my tank in stuff like duos and alerts and freeroam cant hurt :) Thanks for the info, ive been looking for something better than the toy copter and that lasts longer than the boo trinkets and doesnt clog up my loadout tray; i think this will do nicely.
  17. Brennsinger Well-Known Player

The Bat-Drone is no longer available. If you buy a code now, even if it hasn't been used before, you cannot claim it.
  18. HardlineHero Committed Player

I want my 25th century communicator. C'mon on devs!!
  19. TeenWuulf Well-Known Player

How recent is this? Because I know a guy who bought a code just after home turf was released and his worked.
  20. Mick Nugget New Player

What? Please tell me you are kidding.