What's a player to do?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by N4TURALKILLER, Oct 23, 2013.

1. N4TURALKILLER New Player

Decided after the loot was fixed in the T5 raids that I'd give DCUO one more shot before canceling my sub. So I've been grinding on my main to get to full T5, which I just purchased my last piece today. I consolidated all the $ and bits from my alts in order to make and buy the mods I needed. Today I took my main who is full T5 gear (except for neck and rings) with full T5 mods and a couple of expert mods into a Nexus group. I was inspected and told to leave by 2 different groups! I'm a freaking CR 95 and the rings and neck I need can only be obtained in the T5 raids. Now I know some will say "get all the 86 Prideful set and expert mods and try again". The 86 gear only gives a stat increase of like 15 might per piece, is that REALLY going to make that big of a difference? My argument is before Sons of Trigon DLC there was no 86 gear so people with my gear set were running Nexus and beating it, WHY CAN'T I NOW?????

Is there anyway that some one who doesn't play the game for hours and hours a day on one toon and buy thousands of replay tokens ever keep up? I can play maybe 20-25 hours a week and refuse to spend more than my sub on the game. Is this just the type of elitism that exist in an mmo? Should I just give up on the game? Is it possible to just be a casual player in dcuo? What's a player to do?

Btw I have a league but the same type of elitism exist in there (and in the others I've been in). I haven't left my current league yet b/c I like to listen in on league conversations a/b the game while I'm running other content. I'm over being in a league, been burned to many times.
    • Like x 5
  2. Giggles Loyal Player

Yeah man it is a big problem in this game. If the devs would just let people buy their CR 87 and 88 gear and place a cr lock on it like they do PvP gear, we would not have CR problems. The reason CR problems even exist, is because the best loot in the game cannot be earned with effort and skill, it is all up to luck and chance. Hopefully it gets fixed in the next tier, I know that anyone can see that in game population has been on a downward spiral since DLC 7 hit. I just hope the devs fix it before it's too late.

It's only a matter of time before all the new players that join up when the PS4 launches realizes and sees what we are complaining about and stop playing the game all together. I've said this once and I will say it again, the devs broke the mold on MMO combat, they need to break the mold on how loot and gear is earned as well. If they think that keeping extremely rare random drops that contribute to our progression is fun for people and keeps them playing the content over and over again, they are sorely mistaken.

Only advice I have for you, is find a better league or make new friends. :)
    • Like x 2
  3. razor Red New Player

I m you're geared enough to run nexus. Find better people or a league.

I like the way the loot is set up you buy gear to ready you for the raids, then you best the raids and get a great rewards better gear .
    • Like x 1
  4. Buckley Loyal Player

More like buy the gear to ready for raids, then get excluded from raids for not having the gear obtainable in the raids by players that have obtained the gear in the raid. Reward for all the effort = frustration
    • Like x 1
  5. Wilder Midnight New Player

if you're a 85cr dps then yeah you're going to have a very hard time getting into a "serious" t5 raid. players are a little more forgiving of healers and controllers. somehow tanks have to have complete knowledge of what to do and have a cr of 100 and give a flawless performance lest you be kicked.

if you don't want to work on getting the 86cr gear you should at least get yourself the neck and rings.

personally i would work on getting the 86cr pieces while trying to work my way into raid groups trying to get a little further each time.
    • Like x 1
  6. Astral Lantern Well-Known Player

The OP stated he is CR 95 not 85.....

To the OP....that group just wanted the easy marks....don't lose heart....there's plenty of good peeps and Leagues out there still.
    • Like x 2
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This right here!!!
    • Like x 2
  8. 13igtyme Devoted Player

87 and 88 gear is just a bonus, like the prime helm was.
    • Like x 2
  9. Miss Adora Loyal Player

That what happened you had to be 93 at first to do Nexus, then 95, then 96, then 897, then 98, now it's 99+ sometimes 100. They forgt they were at least 95 or 96 maybe less when they beat Nexus. Now they are 99 or 100 they forget anyone betweeen the 95-98 range, but somehow expect us to know what to do when we reach 99. There are new people reaching 95-98 eveyday and somehow they are suppose to be experts in the raids despite them never doing it before. People say watch videos, videos doesn't give you experience, only wat to get experience is by doing it yourself.
    • Like x 5
  10. Delta795 New Player

I feel bad for you folks that keep having this kick issue as I have never really had this issue. With that being said part of the issue IMO is your league. You stated Btw I have a league but the same type of elitism exist in there (and in the others I've been in). If that's the case, that's not a league but more a bunch of randoms that have already set up cliques. You need to find yourself a new leaque.

The 86 gear only gives a stat increase of like 15 might per piece, is that REALLY going to make that big of a difference? My argument is before Sons of Trigon DLC there was no 86 gear so people with my gear set were running Nexus and beating it, WHY CAN'T I NOW????? In short, YES...anything that is going to give you higher survivability (which Prideful does) is going to help you. It's more than might...it's also health, defense & all other stats. Do you need it??? No, but as a DPS sorry to say you are a dime a dozen..so if you want to PuG in you better have high CR , or know the people in the raid. It's not fair, but that's what it's come to. The Devs pretty much stated they created the Prideful gear to help people to beat Dox/Nex.

Today I took my main who is full T5 gear (except for neck and rings) with full T5 mods and a couple of expert mods into a Nexus group. I was inspected and told to leave by 2 different groups! I'm a freaking CR 95 and the rings and neck I need can only be obtained in the T5 raids. Run Bia, Fam, Trigon for the rings. You can hit CR98 without a single expert mod in just T5 gear.

I can play maybe 20-25 hours a week and refuse to spend more than my sub on the game. Is this just the type of elitism that exist in an mmo? You should be fine, again I assume it's hard on PUGS and people who are not running with a good league, but still the answer is yes. By your numbers that's 3+ hrs. a day, which is more than I play right now and I have (2) toons over 98CR and working on an alt right now. I may occasionally, buy a few replay badges but that's few and far between.
    • Like x 1
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Quoted For Truth!!!!
  12. N4TURALKILLER New Player

I've never seen any ring or neck over 83 drop in any of the T5 alerts on any of my toons. Are you sure I can get these out of the T5 alerts? Also, how exactly can I get to 98 CR in T5 gear w/o expert mods exactly? ATM all my gear is 85 except for the rings and neck and all of it is modded with T5 plans or T5 expert plans except for my 83 rings which are only alphas b/c I don't want to waste valuable bits for something that may get replaced on my first nexus run. With all this I'm only 95. How can I get to 98? Thanks in advance.
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Best advice I can give would be this:
    A) try to find some friends willing to give you a chance, this is hard though.
    B) challenge the peoples egos. "ohh yeah you think i'm too low? what afraid of being beaten by someone with worse gear" Might sound cocky but hey they might feel like they need to prove something so they let you stay :p Egos control this game.
    • Like x 1
  14. Wilder Midnight New Player

sorry i meant to type "cr 95 dps decked out in 85cr gear" but it could be either for all it will do a damage dealer trying to get into a nexus or paradox raid.

*forgot to add you get blue 84 face pieces and gear in the Trigon alert along with trinkets and weapons. maybe neck pieces too.
  15. Delta795 New Player

Sorry I should have clarified better. You can get 87 utility belt from FAM, and purchase 86 rings from Wastelands which would be the easiest way to do this.

My alt is geared this way with IV mods ( not expert) and is 98CR.
  16. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The players on the ps3 side atleast is like that because of the wave glitch, players were glitching wave 3-5 times a day intill soe fixed but the glitch made a lot of players 99-101cr almost overnight, so most of the ps3 side expect everyone to be around atleast 99cr
  17. N4TURALKILLER New Player

I didn't even think to look for rings in the wastelands, thx for the heads up. I have the 87 belt but use the one from the t4 raids due to being able to carry 3 trinkets and a supply drop. So you're full 85 gear w/ 86 rings and T4 mods in everything and you're 98CR? Seems odd.
  18. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

yes, and then u get this players in souls and you see how they got their gear...
    Pot is not up, healer is not watching health when his power is full...
  19. Delta795 New Player

Sorry V mods
  20. Bobburt Committed Player

Yeah I got pulled into a pug Nexus last night, but with opposite results, kinda. I only needed Nexus on my alt cause it wasn't locked, and my leaguemate suckered me into this pug Nexus he had joined.

Well my alt is cr86 hardlight with literally crap gear haha. I was waiting for more than an hour for someone to speak up and try to kick me, which wouldn't have been that big of a deal (would/could have just switched to my main). Ended up staying the entire time.

I find it really strange, given the "pug community."
    • Like x 1